New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59661 times)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #90 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Get healed up Eddie!! It seems we have a newbie that wants a shot at the title!!! 🙄😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #91 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Yo. Guys & Gals,
A quick look at all the banter since I went to bed, leaves me with a strong urge to enliven this thread a little bit. Nay, a lot.

Let's start with that " Team Perch Tournament" we were talking about. I have heard from a birdy that Jigger and Kracken are well on there way to making this happen.,

As you old hands might recall, and you newbies will quickly learn,.great care and thoughtful consideration must be taken not only with the selection of your team partner, but of equal importance is the selection of a team name?

Some team names become self fulfilling prophecies, such as " Team First Place", which I might add, Eddy and I successfully defended the use of 2 out of the last 3 years the team event was held. Enough of basking in past glories, I think you all get the idea. Great care and bravado should be taken in consideration of your team names. So with that caveat let the those pretenders to the throne submit there feeble attempts at glory and to be chronicalled in the journals of IS fishing infamy.

By the way, Jigger and Kracken are targeting JAN 18TH Just so you can block put your nnisu social calenders. T

Welcome news guys & gals, the Wig-Wam has opened again under new management. And will serve as head quarters for sign ups and awards.

Let the games begin.

Jboggey

Sounds like fun!!!
SeanP

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:16 PM »
O’Brien do yourself a favor get a cover or put a tarp over the front of that sled , I had an open trailer , cover with a tarp over the hood , the road salt will make a mess
its was just on the trailer to get it home. Keeping it at a friends house on Onieda for ice season. May do a few trips to chaumont or sandy pond with it, definitely will have it covered. Thanks though

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Dec 12, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Best wishes to you drowndin dots, get well soon.
To all others newbie here but unfortunately, I will make an appearance to take the tourney title this year. :o

Careful perchin.... Don't want to fall into the "all talk no walk" category.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Dec 12, 2019, 03:15 PM »
Yo klino,

Looks like you got to show beenperchin how to catch the big ones eh? Just saying. >:(
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Dec 12, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Sounds like fun!!!
SeanP
Sean, you and your son should come fish with us!!😎

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #96 on: Dec 12, 2019, 05:10 PM »
Yo klino,

Looks like you got to show beenperchin how to catch the big ones eh? Just saying. >:(
Yes you two are very right just cuz I get em easily in my spot here at home on the same lake as the pond does not mean I will produce like I can there. On the other side it does happen to be the same lake and should take similar bait and presentation or a variation there of. Now I just have to spot “The Spot” out there and test and perfect this theory.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #97 on: Dec 12, 2019, 08:03 PM »

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm home thank the Lord. Got a long boring recovery ahead of me, but it could always be worse. I'll do my best to defend my share of Team First Place's title if I'm physically able to fish all day comfortably, and if not I suppose it's only fair to step aside and give everyone else a chance eh ;D

Regardless I will be contributing to the banquet and Lisa will be there showing off her camera skills  ;)  Jimmy, let me know if I can help gathering up prizes I'll be itching to get out of the house soon enough I'm sure.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Dec 12, 2019, 08:16 PM »
Yo klino,

What I can tell you is that my 12 year old daughter is going to be my partner. She catches just as many fish as I do Boggey. She was landed some bigguns!!!

Told her I am "king of the pond 2017"... She said to me: "Dad, let's win this then!"

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Dec 13, 2019, 02:45 AM »
Yo Eddy,
Glad you are back home my friend. Take it easy for awhile and let the body heal my friend. Help. Jigger &  Kracken with the good natured banter that goes with supporting the derby. Oh! All right let's call it what it is. " Trash Talking"
 You and I didn't invent it, but surely we refined certain aspects of the art eh?

Yo klino, " King of the Pond" is a separate tournament we usually pop into the fishing calender at the last minute when every one is bored.. Yup you won it 2 years ago, but that is a hard title to retain. Glad however to hear you are bringing your daughter with you my friend

Lastly guys & gals, Kracken has obtained Galisono's Children's Hospital as our primary sponsor. A Great organisation that does so much good work in our communities. Jigger, Kracken and I are now on the hunt for additional contributors for door prize drawings. We will post the flyer this week end on the Tournament and Derbies closed topics thread. So far the only Team name who has committed is " Team Loser by Dom and. His partner. I will keep an ongoing list of team names. Starting with "Team Loser"

Jboggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #100 on: Dec 13, 2019, 03:42 AM »
So far the only Team name who has committed is " Team Loser by Dom and. His partner. I will keep an ongoing list of team names. Starting with "Team Loser"
Jboggey

Talked to Jimmy yesterday - you can put "Team Black Lake" down as committed.  May as well put us first on the list, that way you won't have to rearrange the winners list.  :flex: :icefish:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #101 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:25 AM »

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm home thank the Lord. Got a long boring recovery ahead of me, but it could always be worse. I'll do my best to defend my share of Team First Place's title if I'm physically able to fish all day comfortably, and if not I suppose it's only fair to step aside and give everyone else a chance eh ;D

Regardless I will be contributing to the banquet and Lisa will be there showing off her camera skills  ;)  Jimmy, let me know if I can help gathering up prizes I'll be itching to get out of the house soon enough I'm sure.

you just get yourself healed  up buddy!  if ya  need  anything  let us  know .....  maybe this  year i'll help  you drag your  sled out on the  pond   ;D..............

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:47 AM »
Yo Eddy,
Glad you are back home my friend. Take it easy for awhile and let the body heal my friend. Help. Jigger &  Kracken with the good natured banter that goes with supporting the derby. Oh! All right let's call it what it is. " Trash Talking"
 You and I didn't invent it, but surely we refined certain aspects of the art eh?

Yo klino, " King of the Pond" is a separate tournament we usually pop into the fishing calender at the last minute when every one is bored.. Yup you won it 2 years ago, but that is a hard title to retain. Glad however to hear you are bringing your daughter with you my friend

Lastly guys & gals, Kracken has obtained Galisono's Children's Hospital as our primary sponsor. A Great organisation that does so much good work in our communities. Jigger, Kracken and I are now on the hunt for additional contributors for door prize drawings. We will post the flyer this week end on the Tournament and Derbies closed topics thread. So far the only Team name who has committed is " Team Loser by Dom and. His partner. I will keep an ongoing list of team names. Starting with "Team Loser"

Jboggey

Hey there old friend- I know it's a different contest all together. I was talking to her about where it is and explaining the tournament. She has never fished a derby or tourney, and she has never ice fished anywhere but Sodus.

Despite that, she is ready!

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Always willing to help tow a SEASONED ice fishermen onto or off of the ice. Will have to wait for machine thickness ice cuz I’m going to struggle dragging by foot myself. Dagum back prolums. Let the community know
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:53 AM »
What I can tell you is that my 12 year old daughter is going to be my partner. She catches just as many fish as I do Boggey. She was landed some bigguns!!!

Told her I am "king of the pond 2017"... She said to me: "Dad, let's win this then!"
Using kids is cheating tho kilno. I can’t put full effort into beating a kid in anything. That being said maybe there should be a tag along category for kids?  :o
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Dec 13, 2019, 06:14 AM »
Glad your home and resting Eddie!!😎

I like seeing kids involved with the outdoors. Hopefully, we can get a few more for the Team Tourney!!🎣🕳

Speaking of Team Tourney... Boggey, add Team Hart Attack to the list!! 😎

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #106 on: Dec 13, 2019, 10:19 AM »

I'll just leave this here.... Team First Place. This should go on our Sandy Pond Hall of Fame plaque  ;D

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:37 AM »
Using kids is cheating tho kilno. I can’t put full effort into beating a kid in anything. That being said maybe there should be a tag along category for kids?  :o

It's not cheating. Just know if she beats you , she might rub it in that you were beat by a 12 year old, and a girl. Lol

She's a tough young lady, she comes out deer and fowl hunting with me too.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Dec 14, 2019, 11:14 AM »
It's not cheating. Just know if she beats you , she might rub it in that you were beat by a 12 year old, and a girl. Lol

She's a tough young lady, she comes out deer and fowl hunting with me too.
Good for her. A good friend of mines daughter is same way. Hunts with him goes out fishing with us always catching first fish for some reason. And of course then has to rub it in. Lol
All in good fun and yes it is cheating.  :flex: :flex:
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #109 on: Dec 14, 2019, 01:28 PM »
Hmmmmm....looks like I may have to make a trip up for this derby on the pond..hunting season ends around the 18th down here anyway.  Got a new motorized 20lb stuffer with variable speed and foot control. I can make a pile of venison brats and bring up, then maybe come back home with a pile of perch..all I can catch down here are crappie and catfish.. Jboggey probably needs some help with that hover round on the ice anyway...
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #110 on: Dec 14, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Hmmmmm....looks like I may have to make a trip up for this derby on the pond..hunting season ends around the 18th down here anyway.  Got a new motorized 20lb stuffer with variable speed and foot control. I can make a pile of venison brats and bring up, then maybe come back home with a pile of perch..all I can catch down here are crappie and catfish.. Jboggey probably needs some help with that hover round on the ice anyway...
MMMMMMMM Brats!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Dec 14, 2019, 03:46 PM »
Can’t wait to try them ,Jim brags them up all the time.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #112 on: Dec 14, 2019, 04:48 PM »
Can’t wait to try them ,Jim brags them up all the time.
His are the absolute best!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #113 on: Dec 14, 2019, 07:27 PM »
His are the absolute best!
Think it was on Chaumont a few years back, that I had the opportunity to feast on one of those brats.  Absolutely the best.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:07 AM »
So is the tourney turning into a “Catch and Cook Out” tournament?
Might be an idea.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Think it was on Chaumont a few years back, that I had the opportunity to feast on one of those brats.  Absolutely the best.
yo

Yo Phil,
Yeh, In a white out.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #116 on: Dec 15, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals.

Time to get off the proverbial pot.
Submission of team names. A lot of chatter going on here, but only 3 official team names to date. I will maintain a running list and update it periodically. Remember to give some careful consideration  selecting your team name. There are no penalties for wit and originality >:(

To Date; "Team Loser" Dom &  Dean
                "Team Black Lake Phil & Jim
                "Team Hart Attack" KP & Son
Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Dec 15, 2019, 04:55 PM »
Team Checkpoint Bob and John
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Team 1 & dun. Evan and partner
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Perfect John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.