Author Topic: which hitch?  (Read 875 times)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
which hitch?
« on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:06 AM »
I'm looking to get a hitch for my otter xt650 cottage, and I called fish usa and they said they don't carry them. My question is, what otter hitch or any other for that matter, do I need  for this particular size tub? Also, I plan to use my wifes snowmobile this year if we get ice on Erie, and it is not particularly suited for this but it has the bar across the back. I need a receiver that will bolt onto this and I have no idea what I need. Its a 2001 polaris super sport.

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
Re: which hitch?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 07:19 AM »
look at this post near the bottom - Retired on Osakis's version is the bomb!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=121338.0

I just bought the materials from Menards in Michigan for $18.22

Just drill a hole in that back bar horizontally and put in an eyebolt.

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 04:37 PM »
Thanks incognito for the link. Now I'm thinking just a rope with some pvc to keep the rope in good shape. I just dunno if it's going to want to go side to side on me. The pic you're speaking of looks like it would be just fine. I'm not going to be using it that much as the only time I'll really need it is going out on Erie. Most other places I frequent the smitty sled will be my go to option.

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Get the hitch, keeps your sleds/shanty from swinging side to side. Erie beats equipment up so get the hitch and don't look back. I have done the rope thing...to many tip overs turning, then picking all your stuff up in the snow. :)

Offline csiacd78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2016, 06:15 AM »
If that is an edge chassis those bars on them dont take towing well. I added on another bar for towing. http://autoplicity.com/9179277-nachman-sm-12340-receiver-swivel-sleigh-hitch-polaris-edge?gclid=CLWT3qeS8dACFZeCswodfz8GOw

You can buy different types of hitches to go in this. Little more pricy option but keeps stock hitch in good condition. This bolts right up with the stock one. Ive hauled an 8x8 shack with this and no bending.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2016, 04:01 PM »
I'm just wondering if the standard hitch you look up on cabelas from otter is the right one for my xt650? Not sure if there is a bigger tub by otter or if this is the standard size for all the cabins, and cottages and the like.

Offline justborn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2016, 04:05 PM »
They use the same hitch for the cottage, cabin and lodge.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2016, 07:30 PM »
They use the same hitch for the cottage, cabin and lodge.
ty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.