Author Topic: bucket holder idea's  (Read 1363 times)

Offline hunter991

• IceShanty Rookie
bucket holder idea's
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:27 PM »
I am looking for a way to keep my bucket and/or minnow buckets stable as i trek to the lake. I usually pull a sled behind my ATV. Any one have any ideas on how to make something that will hold my buckets upright.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: bucket holder idea's
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012, 02:10 PM »
I am looking for a way to keep my bucket and/or minnow buckets stable as i trek to the lake. I usually pull a sled behind my ATV. Any one have any ideas on how to make something that will hold my buckets upright.

Just bought me a cargo net. This one: http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo.aspx?partnum=BLCNET

I drilled holes in the corners of the sled and mounted it. It holds everything in place and you could also use some small bungees on the sides to help.

<===Lefty===

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012, 02:44 PM »
Get a couple of 5 gallon buckets, and cut them down to 1/2 size or less.  Attach the cut down buckets  to your sled, and put your bucket, and minnow bucket inside the cut down buckets which act like holders.

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Try using The plastic milk crates from stores or gas stations, they are very strong, multiple holes to bungee down, hold buckets and 20# propane Clyinder.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline KevinWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:23 PM »
styrofoam minnow bucket fits perfect in a 5 gallon pail....plus any spillage goes back in the bucket. Pack your sled well, and there is little chance on the 5 gal bucket tipping over.

Offline Fish_Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:29 PM »
I bungee cord everything in my sled. I've never had a bucket tip over or have lost anything unless the whole sled flipped over.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Mount them in a bucket rack on the back of your ATV. I had one on my old quad, and loved it.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.