Author Topic: Broken Sensitivity Knob on ICE 45  (Read 1048 times)

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Broken Sensitivity Knob on ICE 45
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I broke my sensitivity knob on my Humminbird ICE 45..unfortunatley it broke inside the pot so i cant even adjust it without the knob. i looked all over online for the part itself and cant seem to find one..im sure i could call humminbird and deal with them on this. i just figured id throw this out there and see if anyone has been down this road? wondering if i can take apart the unit and fix this myself? or am i gonna have to send this in to get fixed? any help is appreciated!

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Broken Sensitivity Knob on ICE 45
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2011, 06:54 PM »
i would send it in and let the pro's fix it..... I know that sucks but better than voiding the warranty or maby screwing something else up. let us know how you do.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Ya send it in by opening it up yur self yur just messing with fier and could just end up making a bigge mess all while voiding the warenty and end up paying a lot more money in the end. so my vote is send it in.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2011, 07:31 AM »
Dang ARN that bites, especially now, eh. It couldn't have happened last trip out last spring, if it had to happen at all. Under warranty and on their dime I'd send it in for repair, out of warranty and my dime I'd probably crack the case at least and have a look see.

Offline burts122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:20 PM »
I read about a guy who had the same thing happen to him. He tried to order the knob from HB. They would not sell the part; the only way to fix it was to send it in.

Your best bet is to contact HB and work something out.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Yea...looks to be the same knob as you mentioned.  Yea Jigstick ....sure wish this would of happened last year then have it happen right off the get go this year! Just my luck!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:06 PM »
You would be a life saver!  That would be great ....ill pay shipping and whatever costs.  I could pm u my address etc.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Are you talking about the plastic knob only? I need the electric pot that its attached to.....hope that's what you meant. LoL

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I believe it would work as long as it turns clockwise 360 degrees .....hold off on sending one. Im gonna just pull the part out and see if I can just get a new one from radio shack or an electric supplier.  Appreciate the effort and the help...ill let u know if I could use it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.