The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Safe Ice  (Read 431 times)

Offline dthresher

• IceShanty Rookie
Safe Ice
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 12:21 PM »
Anyone know of any safe ice in and around Franklin County? I have the itch to get out fishing really bad, but I want to be safe about it. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Offline Chumdrunk

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Safe Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Safe Ice? conditions have been less then ideal and the ice is not consistant, I don't know if anyone would say the ice is safe somewhere around Franklin county as of today or this coming weekend. I have found enough ice fish at North hero state park, carry and pelots bay, also the sandbar. all of these places being good as of yesterday afternoon. I dont know about st. Albans bay area or carmi. maybe somebody can chime in for a report more closer to Franklin county.

Offline vtwaterfowler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2013, 03:29 PM »
ive been on carmi already 3-4 times and there was a solid 3'' of black ice with 6-8'' of snow and slush on top.. hopefully that crap is gone now and the ice can freeze better
Black tip up line is hard to see both during the day and the night... Plan accordingly!

IF IT FLIES IT DIES! IF IT RUNS ITS GUNNED!

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2013, 05:21 PM »
just walked out my door on to champline 300 yards out on maquam shore 5 1/2 inches solid black ice and caught 5 perch in a half hour two of them ten inchers
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2013, 05:25 PM »
St. Albans Bay has been safe by the access... Haven't had to explore much to catch a couple meals ;)
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.