New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: shanty vadalizm  (Read 3282 times)

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
shanty vadalizm
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:12 PM »
so my shanty is at a brief resting spot on lake luzerne(better there than in my front yard).its a nice lake to hang out at close to home and every night everybody drives around and just hangs out. so i was there tonight till like 9 get home and my friend calls me sayin sombody hit my shanty. so i go back out there and this other kid said sombody was out there pushing it around with there jeep. so im not to happy and have a bone to pick with one red cheroke
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Re: shanty vadalizm
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Nice friends you got they couldn't get a license plate # or anything, like call the cops from a cell phone, if I see my buddies shanty geting smacked around the lake by a red cherokee, I don't know, I'd probably drill a hole in their hood,,,, you obviously live in a small town,, and I'll take a wild guess that not many people drive around on lakes in red cherokees, my advice is use some better anchors on your shanty and throw a couple concrete blocks stacked 3 high  around it. 
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline crappie78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Put some medal spikes in the snow around it and then see how far they get with flat tires.  Some people have no respect for other peoples property. 

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:35 AM »
They got away with it once they may try it again !
Try and find a trail cam and mount it where it cant be seen  , who knows you may get the photo you need !
I would suggest mounting it inside and put a small hole in the side for the viewfinder .

Good luck !!

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:16 AM »
Spike strips and explosives!Sift for dental records ;D
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline IceKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release an a pan full of grease!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:48 AM »
FOTFLOL
Its Ice Now!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:41 AM »
i would definitely  try to get a trail cam up or something. the metal spikes is a bad idea either. its a good thing you weren't in it!! that would have been one hell of a ride  :o :o

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:49 AM »
i would definitely  try to get a trail cam up or something. the metal spikes is a bad idea either. its a good thing you weren't in it!! that would have been one hell of a ride  :o :o
Yeah, for the guys in the Jeep!  They probably would've lost a windshield, or at least some windows, if I was in my shanty and they started doing that!!!!!  :%$#!:

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:52 AM »
yea..... say hello to my little friend!!! (in some sort of accent)  :flex: :flex:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Hey Pro50Guy I hear there was a new hunting season on Idiots in Red Jeeps.

I like huntin' so give me a call :)

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Proguy, If you want to find the red cheroke on monday at about 10 or 11 (those HL kids don't get to school very early) go to the parking lot at nicks beach and in the back of the school on Ben Rosa park and look for a red cheroke probally older and it will probally be rednecked up.  Then wait and smile.  I'm willing to gauruntee its a high school kid. I've worked and done my student teaching their and in the winter its a favorite redneck pasttime to get out of school (or before they go in) take a few rips on the ice come back park their vehicle smoke a doobie and go to class or go home to smoke more doobies. 

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Weaken the ice enough so you will find a red jeep stuck in the ice next to your shanty.  It might make good structure!

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2007, 06:26 PM »
that is total b u l l s h i t i would hunt them down and like it was posted earlier prob. some young punks all smoked up they would lose one red jeep if it were me i mean i would be nice and leave them the remains after i torched it.
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2007, 06:37 PM »
 Being from town I will keep my eyes open for said vehicle. That is total bull$#!t
If Fishin were easy they would call it Catchin

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:27 AM »
Sounds like the net is closing on those b@#!*#@ ;D
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:43 AM »
Doubt they'll be back. Instead I would put out the feelers and quietly find out who they are. (Don't draw too much attention).  Revenge is a beautiful thing! >:D
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Unless they have any clue as to the "shanty" community and website, they probably have no idea folks are hot on 'em.  Someone have an old bunged up shanty for a decoy?  Kinda like the NYSDEC poaching patrol - set 'em up!
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Hey Pro50Guy, I live in Luzerne and I will keep my eyes open, If I see it I will let you know.  anything in particular to look for on the vehicle.  ;D

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:00 PM »
hey all thanks for the input. i caught up with the kids they didnt like the looks of me with my 34mm wrench lol, stupid kids never the less i dont think ill have any more problems. i do live in a small town and everything comes full circle
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:17 AM »
pro50guy glad you caught up with the little punks and i hope you put the fear of god into em i like i posted earlier would not have been so leinient :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :callcops:

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bobbers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:05 AM »
pro,  did you catch up with the kids because of the poser of "THE SHANTY"

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:07 PM »
lol its funny how word gets around today i went to get bait and the guy there is like "sombody trashed a shanty on lake luzerne" he was saying how people ran it over and stuff. i was like that as my shanty and the kid just pushed it off the blocks and around a little. funny how storys change through the grape vine

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Hey Pro50guy you been catchin anything on Luzerne ? pm me

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:31 PM »
get yourself a can of dry gas put it in your vehicle then fill the empty bottle up with sugar and put it in there jeep so there lines dont freeze ive done it before to my ex-wife it works great

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Glad to here you caught 'em pro50guy. We've all done stupid things when we were young, and had to learn lessons from them. Glad to here they learned there's. I hope they spread the word to there other stoner buddies.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Glad to hear you caught the vandals. Did you or are you going to press charges ???

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2007, 09:55 AM »
that is total b u l l s h i t i would hunt them down and like it was posted earlier prob. some young punks all smoked up they would lose one red jeep if it were me i mean i would be nice and leave them the remains after i torched it.
Just about puked up a lung lmao so hard.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.