New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: How About this one???  (Read 3259 times)

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: How About this one???
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:29 PM »
those guys are losers.there was probably a little booze involved. i grew up in rochester and had three guys let our stringer of brownies go when i was a kid at the outlet as they accused us of snagging them. we were 14 yrs old.LOL
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:34 PM »
JJ,Maybe I should just offer guided fishing lessons.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Someday I will have a record fish!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:02 PM »
JJ,Maybe I should just offer guided fishing lessons.
RG
It would be difficult to do w/out having something stolen.But hey you never know.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Wow! Should have gotten pictures!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Don't misunderstand, we're not upset over the whole incident. It's laughable that someone would do a thing like this. The ECO's we know will do some scouting though. They're every bit the sportsmen we are and take these things kinda personal. I'm hoping to see the group tomorrow morning. It would be fun to strike up a conversation with them and relate the story...just to see their reaction. Maybe leave a note on their truck.  >:D  even better...leave them a bag of fish with a note.

Hmmmmmm...what to write??

RG

Gentlemen,
We couldn't help but notice you helped yourselves to several of the perch we had retrieved after the conclusion of our "Effects of botulism & radiation on fresh water fish" experiment. Thank you for leaving us enough to conclude our testing. Please accept these non-test-subject fish with our apologies for any inconvenience or incontinence you may experience. PS could you please contact us if you notice any unusual itching or burning sensation as our professor is keenly interested in the effect on humans.  :-*

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 27, 2009, 11:29 PM »
We're not feeling vengeful here. More than likely, alcohol and stupidity were involved. There's not too many other viable explanations.

RG

I think you're on the right track here.

Remember, lock your vehicle, watch your gear, lock your shanty, and good lord, now watch your catch.
You can only keep an honest man honest this way.
A downright scoundrel will not be stopped by locks, only by the law. 

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2009, 11:47 PM »
heard of being hard up but thats crazyone should treat others as one would like to be treated simple and easy usually works well also

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:25 AM »
Thanks Hollywood......coffee all over my laptop.

Sorry I couldn't hook up with you this weekend. Our annual game dinner is tomorrow night. I need to take "The Old Man"  out and fill a couple of buckets with perch for the feeding frenzy.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:59 AM »
RG, Much respect for the way you and your friends took that one. You can't do much about it. So there isn't much point in getting upset. It was probably done with some sort of screwed up humor. I say have some fun with it. Of course within the law. Hollywood, that was classic.
As for the robbing at gunpoint. Omg.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline IFISHY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • who cares if it rains the fish are already wet
« Reply #39 on: Feb 28, 2009, 06:38 AM »
hollywood I read that and snorted so loud i almost woke up the baby.  that was good thank you
get the kids fishing its more fun that way

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #40 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:58 AM »
    Gentlemen,
We couldn't help but notice you helped yourselves to several of the perch we had retrieved after the conclusion of our "Effects of botulism & radiation on fresh water fish" experiment. Thank you for leaving us enough to conclude our testing. Please accept these non-test-subject fish with our apologies for any inconvenience or incontinence you may experience. PS could you please contact us if you notice any unusual itching or burning sensation as our professor is keenly interested in the effect on humans.  :-*

That's some funny stuff ... classic. ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:35 PM »
well what are ya going to do i don't think we can give them life in prision for 18 perch now could we???? and they didn't take anything of value. makes me wonder could it have been a joke? i'm not making excuses but if all his gear was there why 18 perch????? why not a vex...... sad thing i really hope they didn't need the fish! i really do know i give a lot of fish away as a lot of ice fisherman do i'd hate to think people would need to steal for a diner but it happened in the depression

god bless
                                                                                                                     trap

p.s. rg your friend is handling this in a good way as you are,comman sence

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #42 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:45 PM »
I don't think RG or is friend is worried about it ... it's just the point that somebody would stoop that low.  Sorry to speak for you RG but that's the impression I got from it.  I (and most of us, I think) feel that if somebody had just asked ... I'd give them all the perch they wanted.  Not a very funny joke if you ask me.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Well...... The truck was parked there this morning when I arrived. I went fishing. I did tell several guys going out and coming in to watch out for that group and lock their vehicles.

I quietly spread the word....and went fishing......killed the perch.....gave (The Old Man) and crew a lesson ;D

RG

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #44 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Hopefully it will come back around and bite them in the arse ... bad deed = bad karma.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.