Author Topic: Levitts Park  (Read 1240 times)

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Levitts Park
« on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:32 AM »
Wondering if anyone knows if the gate is plowed out yet. Heard there was around 6 inches ice last week and would like to put the house on there and work my way south as the ice thickens.

Offline hoopdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Levitts Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:36 AM »
checked the park yesterday and gate is unlocked and open
one bob house sitting on beach

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008, 07:30 AM »
how high are the snowbanks. is it possible to pull a bobhose with a four wheeler onto the ice.

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Be very careful, we were there last weekend and the parking was very tight, you can't get onto the beach like in years past, and the large lot near the beach wasn't plowed, and not accessible even with 4 wheel drive. The ice conditions were poor, we had a hard time dragging sleds with a snowmobile. We had heard there was 6 or 8 inches of ice, we drove onto the ice and about 8 feet out got into some slush that stopped the sled dead in its track. We decided to check the thickness of the ice at that point and were really surprised to see we only had 4 to 5 inches. We put the sled back onto the trailer and pulled the sleds by hand out quite a ways. At that area there was only 4 inches of ice. With the temperatures this week you might have less. Good luck and be safe, maybe we will see you there this weekend.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:23 AM »
how high are the snowbanks. is it possible to pull a bobhose with a four wheeler onto the ice.

Last weekend the snow was too deep for a 4wheeler getting ot the ice. With this thaw it might be better. My buddy tried to drive onto the beach from the road, got about three feet in and needed to be pushed out, that was in his fullsize 4x4 truck! When we walked out it was some fairly deep soft snow, that I think a 4wheeler would get stuck in. That being said my 4wheeler in snow experience is limited.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm going to go up for a quick visit maybe tomorrow afternoon I'll let you know what its like.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:40 PM »
I asked for a work order  for the parking lot to be opened and was told that public works would get to it soon. Thats the best that I could do . I even tried to plow it with F350 and couldn't do it , Their sending the loader with a wing. I talked with a guy that pulled a nice 25" laker out on Tuesday and released it. He had a small tip up sucker in 22' of water.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Might hit the spot on sat. anyone headin on goin over there?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.