Author Topic: Clement Pond in Hopkinton?????  (Read 4075 times)

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Clement Pond in Hopkinton?????
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Anyone ever fish here? If so how do you get on? Went there today and the road is posted as private and there are signs up everywhere stating no hunting / fishing. Hope it was just my misunderstanding as I got the access information for the access off of the f&g website.

-Brian

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clement Pond in Hopkinton?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:23 PM »
North shore road was the road marked as private. Looked pretty rough too.

Offline crawpie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Anyone ever fish here? If so how do you get on? Went there today and the road is posted as private and there are signs up everywhere stating no hunting / fishing. Hope it was just my misunderstanding as I got the access information for the access off of the f&g website.

-Brian

Several times I have been fooled by those F&G maps.  They indicate access but you get there and see nothing but private property.  I suspect that locals simply ignore a public easement and make it very difficult for outsiders to get on the water. Not being a lake property owner, I feel free to gripe about not getting access to public water. 
The Quest continues

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:43 AM »
Awesome pond, fished it a couple times already.  There are a couple ways to access it.  There is a public boat ramp on the east side of the lake, not sure if it is plowed though.  To get to it, take Clement hill road to the end and take a left.  Follow that road for about a mile and there is an 'unmarked' road on the left.  Take that road and follow it for about 3/4 of a mile and the boat ramp is on the right, just before the "Private Road" sign.  If the launch area isn't plowed, you can park right there next to the snowbank as long as you allow the local traffic to pass.

The other way (the way I use) is to follow pine street to the sign for the Greek Orthodox church on the right and take that road.  There is a ballfield that is normally plowed that you can use to park on the right, but it isn't plowed right now.  Basically if you continue on this road until you see the pond and park on the right side of the road next to the pond (just past the yellow camp).  The church area is posted, but on busy days when the road is packed, I've gone to the church and asked permission to park in their lot and they have never told me no.

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2008, 10:13 PM »
NICE, thanks. Ya, I saw the road you are talking about. It was North shore drive (Private). Then as you go up that hill there are NO HUNTING or FISHING signs and no tresspassing signs. I did not want to chance it especially with having my boy with me. Last thing I need is someone cussing and swearing at me for tresspassing and I lose my temper on someone.

Maybe I will try again this weekend. Heard this is an awesome crappie lake?

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:58 AM »
Heard this is an awesome crappie lake?

Sshhhhhhh, don't let that get out  ;D 

Yeah, I've caught some nice slabs out of there.  If you go out in front of that yellow camp about 200 yards, you'll be in about 50' of water and I normally catch them suspended about 20' down.  If you have electronics, it makes it a lot easier to find em...

The road you want is the one past North Shore road.  There is "NO ATV" signs on this road, but it isn't posted until you get past the lake to the church...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.