Author Topic: O/T Sled Trailers  (Read 1312 times)

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
O/T Sled Trailers
« on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:42 AM »
Looking for a clamshell trailer for my sled and wheeler tired of the salt and grime and the space in the garage they take up. Looking for suggestions from u guys. I have heard that a 12ft will sway all over the road. I have heard that a wishbone is the only way to go. I have heard this and that but would rather hear it here

Thanks
Dick

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: O/T Sled Trailers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Buy a hybrid instead of a clamshell. My 12' does not sway and I would agree with the wishbone tongue.

Offline northernmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:57 AM »
I've got a Mission 10', I can get two sleds and my tote sled in there. Tracks good down the road.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Looking for a clamshell trailer for my sled and wheeler tired of the salt and grime and the space in the garage they take up. Looking for suggestions from u guys. I have heard that a 12ft will sway all over the road. I have heard that a wishbone is the only way to go. I have heard this and that but would rather hear it here

Thanks
Dick

Not sure what you have for a sled Dick but you will struggle to get most of the newer two ups on a 10 footer.  They also make an 11'.  CL has been full of lately but I'd be hesitant to purchase one over 10 yrs, old.  (axle)
Good luck, you won't regret the summer storage / winter slop piece of the decision one bit. @)

Offline Klimshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:20 AM »
We have a 12' and it doesn't sway a bit.  Pulled with a 1/2 ton pu.  I would recommend the larger one if you can afford it.  I don't know about you but seems like I'm always the one driving, so the larger trailer really helps out with storing the crew's gear and it's covered.

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I have a 12 ' and it does not sway a bit. I think the issue with sway is tongue weight. I can't remember if the cause is too little or too much tongue weight but 7-10% of trailer weight is recommended.

Bruce

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I have a 12 ' and it does not sway a bit. I think the issue with sway is tongue weight. I can't remember if the cause is too little or too much tongue weight but 7-10% of trailer weight is recommended.

Bruce
too much

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.