Author Topic: Got my trans Alaska III  (Read 1219 times)

Offline krcat40

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got my trans Alaska III
« on: Oct 11, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Just got my trans AlaskaIII in the mail today, and all I can say is can't wait to use them. They are big, but much lighter than they look. I wear a size 12 and ordered a 13 (largest size online). Good thing I won't need super heavy socks could've went bigger I feel. Happy I pulled the trigger on them as they seem awesome. Don't think my feet will ever be cold again!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Got my trans Alaska III
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2013, 09:41 PM »
I think you got it right, krcat40.  I'm in the forth year with mine. I would advise practice to find your own best way to get them on. Maybe even take a few steps to retrain yer walking muscles. My feet are always comfortable, not hot nor cold.  There is a thread here somewhere on traction screws. Best do a "search".    ;)2

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2013, 04:47 AM »
Nice boots.  I've had mine for three seasons, on the ice.  You won't need any bulky socks.  They are the nicest boots I've put on my feet for warmth.  My feet don't sweat in them either, which is normally a problem for me.  I have put 3/8" #6 stainless hex screws in mine.  Highly recommended, as long as you are not wearing them, other than outside.  The floors in your house will not like the screws. :o
I always get dressed and put my boots on when I get to the ice, Anyways.  Hate driving/traveling, all bundled up in an ice suite.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2013, 05:23 AM »
These boots will be my biggest buy this season. It was between them and Baffin's. Question....if you put the screws to them, will you be able to send them back if something else fails? Lifetime warranty?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2013, 06:46 AM »
These boots will be my biggest buy this season. It was between them and Baffin's. Question....if you put the screws to them, will you be able to send them back if something else fails? Lifetime warranty?

Do not know - that would be a question to the manufacturer or place you made the purchase.
Not a concern to me, I guess.  If the screws would void any warranty (what is the warranty?) then I would suppose that a set of creepers would as well.
My concern is not slipping on the ice, and the screws seem to be the "slickest" way to do that.  I hate walking on creepers.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2013, 07:47 AM »
Great choice  :thumbsup:
Bob P.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Best part is, Cabelas Boots have a lifetime warranty against normal wear and tear and manufacturers defects.
That means youll never have to buy another pair of boots again...

I just sent in my 3yr old Cableas Inferno boots, and included a money order for the difference to upgrade to the trans alaska III boots.

My old boots had worn out. I also had screws in the bottom. I removed them before i shipped them back and they swapped them out no problem..
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.