Author Topic: Evergreen spanked me!  (Read 685 times)

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Evergreen spanked me!
« on: Jan 26, 2011, 08:39 AM »
So I went to Evergreen last night found fish and the laughed for an hour and a half at me. Ran thru almost ever jig size color glow no glow waxie no waxie minnow head no minnow head gulp spike no gulp spike only thing I didnt have was live minnows and I bet that would have caught em LOL!!!! So yep I was spanked by Evergreen last night. On a better note had 11 inches of ice almost everwhere and fish were moving.  My boys had a good time running and sliding on the ice and they even found a small hill to sled onto the lake so that was cool, and no they were a good ways away so it didnt spook the fish!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
Re: Evergreen spanked me!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Hey thanks for the report on the ice conditions. Do you surmise the disinterested fish were Crappie, Gills, or something else?? I've only had a few times where fish were that neutral and it is very frustrating. Too bad you didn't have a camera on them to study the moods a bit closer. Did they get any more interested towards evening and low-light conditions?

Thinking about getting on to Carlyle this weekend and/or Ramsey State Park again.

tight lines

ratsotail

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Shad are really moving in lakes here now. My advice is to ignore suspended fish. and stay in 10 feet of water or less.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline FisherHawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Sorry to hear you got skunked, but thanks on the Ice report.

I sent you a PM about the possability of getting together and hitting the ice.

Tim

Offline fooman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Had a guy invite me over to look at his camera earlier in the season there..

He was putting the jig right on top the crappies nose and nothing..he tried everything to get a bite and the fish wouldnt cooperate..

After watching the screen for 10 minutes I was glad I didnt have a camera..I was frustrated just watching

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2011, 04:17 PM »
I watched a bunch of you tube vids of cam fishing. My observation is the camera guys don't know how to fish to start with.
Never had a camera guy outfish me.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.