Author Topic: Clam chair  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam chair
« on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Does anyone have or has used the clam fishing chair? They sound pretty good but haven't heard anything from someone who has one.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Clam chair
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:56 AM »
Does anyone have or has used the clam fishing chair? They sound pretty good but haven't heard anything from someone who has one.

Never used one but seen them in Stores before. Look pretty good. You are talking about the Folding Cooler chair?
<===Lefty===

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:03 AM »
I have a clam chair, not the cooler one.  Got it as a gift, never used it on ice.  I have set it up at home, it is comfortable, and seems sturdy.

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Never used one but seen them in Stores before. Look pretty good. You are talking about the Folding Cooler chair?

This is the one I'm talking about its got rod storage and tackle storage in it
http://clamoutdoors.com/ice_fishing/fishing-acc/chairs/clam-chair.html

Offline bubbahide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2012, 03:46 PM »
I had one but sold it at my garage sale.The chair was pretty comfortable but wasn't very sturdy. It felt like the chair would slip out from under neath me. You should be able to fit 6 rods in the back of the chair I could only get 4 in there. The shoulder straps are way to big to where it like a back pack. I had to tie a rope around the straps to keep the chair from falling off my back.Test it out before you buy it you may like it.         

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2012, 08:49 AM »

i have a folding chair made by X-treme if the spelling is right i had a 300+ lb guy drop in it and it sold me very sturdy

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2013, 04:54 PM »
I know two guys who have them and use them.... the report is that they like them EXCEPT for the fact that every time they stand up to fight a fish or reposition themself...the thing falls over.... One of the guys was so frusterated one day he was kicking it across the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.