New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 26130 times)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #90 on: Dec 05, 2023, 06:11 PM »
Bumping this thread after the bye week. Let's hope the Bills are watching film of what the Packers did on Sunday  :o
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #91 on: Dec 05, 2023, 06:23 PM »
The underachievement by the Bills so far this season really hits home when you consider that they are currently 11th out of 16 AFC teams. Only the Patriots, Jets, Titans, Chargers and Raiders have a lesser chance of making the playoffs in the AFC.

I maintain optimism though because our 6-6 record is against a brutal schedule, unlike Denver. IF WE GET IN THE PLAYOFFS WE ARE DANGEROUS  :thumbsup:

IF

If we get in WE ARE DANGEROUS AND CAN BEAT ANYONE
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #92 on: Dec 06, 2023, 04:42 AM »
i think josh allen sucks is one problem.....

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Dec 06, 2023, 05:50 AM »
It does seem that the Bills have a curse attached to them. Sad….
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07:39 AM »
I was born and raised in Buffalo and am a former season ticket holder, in the less than glamorous years. I say this with the utmost respect: the Bills couldn’t make the playoffs if the BCS Committee voted.

One nice part of this disappointing season is that I won’t have to fit in ice fishing trips around the playoff schedule.

There are some that believe McDermott is on the hot seat. I beg to differ. The schedule, coupled with the injuries have given him some arguments to retain his job.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Dec 06, 2023, 12:44 PM »
 13 interceptions  in  12  games  is the reason they  suck ....... allen has  had 5 years to prove his worth  time to go shopping  for a  quarter  back

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Dec 06, 2023, 01:33 PM »
Game against Philadelphia McDermott had no clue what to due with the defense.  Their receivers were taking 5-10 yards at will yet McDermott did not move his defenders up tight.  The same thing has happened most of the season.  Our defenders player too far off the receivers.  When we play zone our back zone defenders are not up soon enough to cover the receiver so the receiver has little trouble making the reception in the zone split.   McDermott should see this problem and do something about it.  McDermott needs to go.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Dec 06, 2023, 02:10 PM »
13 interceptions  in  12  games  is the reason they  suck ....... allen has  had 5 years to prove his worth  time to go shopping  for a  quarter  back
Gotta place some blame on the receivers Trap!!! Allen throws like a rocket, if his receivers don’t get hands on the ball, it slips through and gets picked off….Allen has gotten into his own head with his performance this season. Personally… I think he’s a good QB! Just needs some help in the receiving and offensive line.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #98 on: Dec 06, 2023, 03:28 PM »
like a  rocket ...right to the  other team ......

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Dec 06, 2023, 03:33 PM »
like a  rocket ...right to the  other team ......
I did say… right through the hands… but, Allen is to blame for a majority of his passes to other teams!!!😂😁

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Dec 06, 2023, 03:57 PM »
he does make  nice  commercials  ......................  remember jerry  conney the  boxer  how everyone though he was so  great ...then they said  ...hey this  guy  sucks  .......

mean  while  i want to remind  everyone  ...eat  more  pickerel   and  please  feel  free to  keep your limit   it won't hurt  .........in fact  take  the  neighborhood  kids and let them take a limit home!!!!!.........in  some  places  nothing says   merry christmas  like sharing a pickerel  dinner  with  friends and  family

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 06, 2023, 04:12 PM »
The coyotes and eagles on our lake IDENTIFY (thats a thing now I hear) as neighbors - they are very happy when I fill their "freezer" ..... ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #102 on: Dec 06, 2023, 04:36 PM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #103 on: Dec 06, 2023, 05:00 PM »
 8-3  to 6-6  .........thats the stat that  counts

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Dec 06, 2023, 06:30 PM »
Forget it ...like trying to clap with one hand...bills cannot win a big game! Even with kelly(4 time failure) Marv ( 4 time looser) and I believe I heard somewhere Kelly said that Josh Allen is the best quarterback bills ever had including himself ...so funny ...I love watching how " bills mafia," love the team one week  we're going all the way. Next week want everyone fired..
I have a bet going with a buddy who's a fan started before season when everyone was saying there favored to win it all I bet him wouldn't even make playoffs hahaha

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #105 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07:16 PM »
Game against Philadelphia McDermott had no clue what to due with the defense.  Their receivers were taking 5-10 yards at will yet McDermott did not move his defenders up tight.  The same thing has happened most of the season.  Our defenders player too far off the receivers.  When we play zone our back zone defenders are not up soon enough to cover the receiver so the receiver has little trouble making the reception in the zone split.   McDermott should see this problem and do something about it.  McDermott needs to go.

A guy that I work with was saying this exact same thing about our zone coverage being terrible, so you are probably not wrong. Maybe Poyer and Hynes are getting too old to keep up with the speed of the game.

The loss to the Eagles was definitely not Allen's fault, he was doing it all that night. And they were men against boys the previous week vs. the Jets. News articles indicate McDermott is safe from getting fired and will be the coach through the end of his contract in 2026. Let's all try to just enjoy the remaining 5 games and hope they are at least competitive and don't get blown out in any games. I still think we are DANGEROUS if we make the playoffs and would surprise to the upside if that should happen.

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Dec 07, 2023, 04:30 PM »
McDermott what an idiot..he's done makes Gruden look like a boyscout!! He's done!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Dec 10, 2023, 07:07 AM »
allen can't  play  two weeks in a row  the same  way .....McDermott  sucks  and after  7 years it's time  for a  change  ........

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #108 on: Dec 10, 2023, 07:24 AM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #109 on: Dec 10, 2023, 11:06 AM »
to late this year the bus left

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #110 on: Dec 10, 2023, 12:06 PM »
GO BILLS!!!!!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Dec 10, 2023, 05:58 PM »
Here we go... again  ::)

Let's see if they can win the last 11 minutes
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #112 on: Dec 10, 2023, 06:22 PM »
hell no we'll go into  overtime   :roflmao:............... 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #113 on: Dec 10, 2023, 06:43 PM »
7-6  yup  were all good  now 

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Dec 10, 2023, 06:56 PM »
great game

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #115 on: Dec 10, 2023, 07:50 PM »
There are 6 AFC teams with a 7-6 record now. The Bills have played 2 of them and lost to both, Bengals and Broncos, so lose the 1st tiebreaker to them at present. The 2nd tiebreaker is your division record. The Bills are in the middle of the pack of these 6 teams for that tiebreaker so that likely won't be a positive if needed against the other 4 teams on the list.

Of the 6 teams at 7-6, I looked at how many of them play each other the rest of the way.

Bills = 0
Steelers = 2, vs. Colts  and Bengals
Bengals = 1 , vs Steelers
Colts = 2, vs. Steelers and Texans
Texans = 1, vs. Colts
Broncos = 0

The Bills can of course make all of this irrelevant by winning 3 more games, that would easily lock up a wild card berth.

The Steelers and Colts will have the most control over their destiny for a wild card berth by having 2 games against this grouping. Those games probably won't help the Bills because somebody has to win all of those. The Bills need 3 wins in order to not rely on winning a berth via tiebreaker, which they are not likely to do ( see 1st paragraph ).

What a beautiful mess they are in  ;D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #116 on: Dec 10, 2023, 07:58 PM »
There were 4 games today that also could affect the Bills playoff chances. Only 1 of the 4 went the Bills way.

1. If Chargers would have beaten Broncos, that would have taken the Broncos tiebreaker advantage over us away, for 1 week anyway.

2. If Colts would have beaten Bengals, that would have taken the Bengals tiebreaker advantage over us away, for 1 week anyway.

3. If Jaguars would have beaten the Browns, the Browns would be another team at 7-6 now, instead of ahead of us as they are now at 8-5.

4. The Jets beating the Texans was the only team that helped us today.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #117 on: Dec 10, 2023, 08:12 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that there has not been a game ending as a tie yet this season in the NFL ? Usually there are 1 or 2 of these a season. Wouldn't that be special for a tie for one of the 6 teams at 7-6 to decide who makes it in  ::) :whistle:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #118 on: Dec 11, 2023, 05:59 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #119 on: Dec 11, 2023, 06:00 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.