Author Topic: Gloves Ice Fishing  (Read 11008 times)

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gloves Ice Fishing
« Reply #30 on: Dec 15, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I have a pair of Jokka Polar gloves (not mittens) that are similar to the HT's.  Mine are a little older though and the newer ones don't seem to feel quiet as well built. 

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2006, 11:27 PM »
I also use the Ice Armour gloves and mittens and absolutely swear by them. I also use a brand called Chilly Grips (Gander Mtn $6.99) they have an all ruber (quite flexable though) palm and a synthetic top - great for handling fish and keeping dry - also a really nice bowhunting glove. I also have some deerskin mittens with sherpa inside that  keep my hands warm when I forget the Ice Armour.

Offline helf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 25, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I have a favorite pair of Patagonia fingerless fleece gloves w/ thin leather palms (don't absorb water, dry fast, nimble fingers, don't seem snag jigs/hooks).  Probably a bit expensive, but I wear them all the time (not just fishing) so they were worth the extra $$. Rag wool fingerless are back-ups and are probably just as warm/dry, but I seem to hook them more often when baiting up.....  most days down here that will do. 
Still cold? 300 weight black fleece mittens go over the fingerless gloves. They are practically wind-proof, don't absorb water, allow you to curl up those frozen fingers, and on really cold days or those fun days when you keep reaching down the hole you can toss in a hand-warmer for some extra help. Like another post said, flip 'em off hockey style when you get a flag :tipup: 
On really brutal days mitten shells goes over everything.  The hands won't be cold, but don't think about getting much done then, either.....
Merry Christmas   

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2006, 12:20 AM »
Cloudveil makes a glove called Black Ice that looks like an excellent choice for ice fishermen.  The gloves are a gauntlet style and have two layers of breathable membrane (one is Gore XCR) and also comes with a heater pouch.  I haven't used them yet, but I'm going to place an order in the next week or two.

Offline habaneromoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:06 PM »
i have been using ice armor gloves since last year the only problem i have had is that although they are water proof they are not freeze proof. if you get them wet on a very cold day be prepared to have warm hands but frozen hard to use gloves :D

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:57 PM »
I have fingerless wool gloves that I got from Army/Navy when I bought my Mickies three years ago and I have a pair of Ice Armour. I never wore the Ice Armour as the wool gloves never let me down. I figured when it got real cold I would switch to the Ice Armours. The wools are only a liner. Wool is the key!

Offline Medson25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2007, 04:23 PM »
I use a plain black tight fitting cotton gloves that i picked up from walmart for a $1. But along with that I have a fleace muff that keeps my hands super warm.

Offline brookiebomber477

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if i ain't icefishin'...i ain't happy!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2007, 06:59 PM »
i wear cotton lined lobsterman's gloves. i picked em up at a marine supply store for $10. They're completely waterproof and pretty warm.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:19 PM »
i have been using ice armor gloves since last year the only problem i have had is that although they are water proof they are not freeze proof. if you get them wet on a very cold day be prepared to have warm hands but frozen hard to use gloves :D
I also have the ice armor gloves and think they are the best gloves I have ever had.  I also have a muff that I warm my fingers with after I bait my hook.  I put my gloves inside my coat while I warm my fingers. My hands stay warm for long periods of time sence I started doing this.

Offline vanderhook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2007, 02:06 AM »
MITTS its the only way to go. Mine have a zipper pocket near the fingers for a HOT PACK or whatever you wanna call it. I was ice fishing in -15 this morn. I dont know what that is in the USA. but if I was wearing fingerless gloves.....I'd be in the truck with my wife.NOT FISHING.
"I'd rather fish than eat....and I'm always hungry"

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:05 PM »
Was out yesterday and today wore jerseys long enough to set the hut up and take it down otherwise they're a hinderence to me guess that's why my pinkies go numb in 2 sec. out there anymore!!

Offline jiggin_ADK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Here's another vote for the ice armor gloves.  Great glove for approx $30.  Like someone said earlier, my only complaint is the lining does bunch a bit if your hands are wet.
Good things come to those who bait

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:08 PM »
i use the HT polar therm rubber coated mittens. they slip on and off easily even when hands are wet and its the only thing i wear. used them at 12 below zero and kept hands toasty warm. even after playng a fish for a good while my hands were in agony...slipped on the HT's and in a few minutes all was well and warm again....alot of great products out there it's all about what works best for each individual.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Here's another vote for the ice armor gloves.  Great glove for approx $30.  Like someone said earlier, my only complaint is the lining does bunch a bit if your hands are wet.
Used the John at the boat ramp after fishing yesterday,lost  one glove down the pooper.  Does that mean I'm only out $15.00?

Offline METIPPIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I bought a pair of gloves from cabelas i think they are the Pinaccle glove my hands are always warm. Other than tha my leather mitts with sheepskin are always warm

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #45 on: Feb 04, 2007, 01:27 PM »
I wear snow mobile gauntlets when moving the clam or using the auger, but inside the shanty I use either thinsulate lined leather gloves or no gloves at all with a Coleman sportcat by my feet as a handwarmer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.