Author Topic: Blue Ice Armor Suit...  (Read 4593 times)

Offline TyThib

• Team IceShanty Regular
Blue Ice Armor Suit...
« on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Does anybody have the blue ice armor suit? I have a cabelas gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket. I would appreciate a review?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Blue Ice Armor Suit...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:50 PM »
I have one and love it...windproof and waterproof...leave room in your jacket for layers underneath as its a little cold in the shoulders .

Offline aljenry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:53 PM »
I know your gift card is for Cabela's, but they are on sale right now at Gander Mountain for $180 and the extreme version is 250.
-Alan H

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
You'll only get 3 or 4 years out of the shoulder straps. Mine are so streched that i have to put knots in them to shorten them up.

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
i would bet a lot of shanty members have them.  I have the blue suit and love it..you will not go wrong

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Does anybody have the blue ice armor suit? I have a cabelas gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket. I would appreciate a review?

I went to Cabelas in Scarborough 2 wks ago, looking for ice armor gloves and they didn't have any left .

Was told since they are the warmest brand , they sell out  quicker then others.  Not sure I saw any suits either :-\
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I have the grey suit and love it. I dont wear the jacket it gets to hot.

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:38 PM »
I got the blue suit too, glad I didn't get the gray after hearing how hot it is, I wear my sweat shirt under the blue suit jacket and have stayed warm in some of the coldest fishing days.

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:43 PM »
i would bet a lot of shanty members have them.  I have the blue suit and love it..you will not go wrong
x2
Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:51 AM »
I just got one. I love it so far! I too have a large, light one. It fits layers under it. My nephew told his heavy insulated one is too warm somedays, when he’s moving around a lot. The rig has lots of pockets for gear and warm ones for your hands. I was out the other day. It was blowin and about 18. I was warm the whole time but hands got a little cold unhooking fish. I guess I just had to deal w/that :icefish:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline lobsterman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • quit crying and start fishing.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:03 AM »
welcome to the Blue Man Goup!! :)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:07 AM »
when it was below zero i was cold wearing mine, gave it to my son and bought a snosuit, unbeatable for warmth, top of the line
da splake chaser

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:21 AM »
welcome to the Blue Man Goup!! :)

Have you heard or seen them? Not for the closed of mind.....
mangroup
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:16 AM »
just ordered one, cant wait to get it.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline TyThib

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:26 PM »
for those of you who have bought one... I'm 6'2 185... what do u recommend on size?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:33 PM »
I am 6'1 230 and XL is plenty big... You may be able to go down to an L because you are quite a bit slimmer than me, but make sure the length is there in the bibs.

I have the camouflage suit (same as the blue suit only camo) and I absolutely love it. It seems thin and light, but it keeps me warmer than my heavy carhart stuff. I hope you like pockets, there are a pile of them! I have to remember what pocket I put my cell phone in because I will miss calls searching pockets for it!

Offline TyThib

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:38 PM »
thanks man... .i'll find out monday how it fits!

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2012, 05:46 PM »
for those of you who have bought one... I'm 6'2 185... what do u recommend on size?
definately a large, I am 5'11" 235 and xl has plenty of room
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline TyThib

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Thanks NY Pike!

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:24 PM »
I've had the blue suit for 3 seasons, and couldn't be happier with it.  I wear one layer of stretch fit long-underwear (not underarmor compression) and light fleece pants and pullover and I am plenty warm to -10F.  I fish on foot 90% of the time, pulling a jet sled and everything I can fit on it, and drill lots of holes with arm power.  plenty of room, plenty warm and if i were any warmer, I'd be too hot in it. 

Rule #1:  Never tell your story first.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I own one, love it. The jacket's a little baggy in the chest for me, but I usually have to get the XXL to fit my monkey arms and longer legs so I give up a bit in the chest lol

fwiw, I tried on a Strikemaster red bib/jacket in XL and it was a very good fit for me

[x] would buy IA again

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:20 AM »
I have had mine for the second season now and love it. I am 6'0" 215lbs and I have the XL suit. The bibs fit perfect but the jacket seems a little big. Must be just the way the are made its not that big of a deal. I wear cabelas polar weight thermals, under armor sweats and a heavier hooded sweatshirt and I am perfect and not bulky. Which is nice cause I can still move around. You will not be disappointed.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:29 AM »
I'v had the blue suit for about 10-11 years now and starting
to show wear.. but then agian i wear it everyday from fall til late spring..
Hard Ice

Offline NHDanO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:13 AM »
This is why I love this site.  I came here to find out some info about the blue suit and now I have all the info I need.  Thank you to all of you that have responded with the information you have added.  I tried on a blue suit the other day and fell in love, but was curious if it would be warm enough.  Seems like it will work just fine for me if I layer it on the really cold days.  Again, thanks to all that responded with helpful information.
Dan

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:56 PM »
This is why I love this site.  I came here to find out some info about the blue suit and now I have all the info I need.  Thank you to all of you that have responded with the information you have added.  I tried on a blue suit the other day and fell in love, but was curious if it would be warm enough.  Seems like it will work just fine for me if I layer it on the really cold days.  Again, thanks to all that responded with helpful information.

It will be warm enough, I wear sweatpants or jeans under my bibs, and a sweat shirt under my jacket and usually take the jacket off when I am dragging my gear out or I will start to sweat bullets.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:00 PM »
It will be warm enough, I wear sweatpants or jeans under my bibs, and a sweat shirt under my jacket and usually take the jacket off when I am dragging my gear out or I will start to sweat bullets.
X2

Jeans under the bibs, long-sleeved Under Armor shirt underneath a long-sleeved Carhart T-shirt, all beneath a Carhart Hoodie! Once inside the flipover if I hit the heater, the jacket comes off. I've fished in -10 weather, which is the bottom of my range!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.