New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta lake  (Read 12437 times)

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
Delta anyone?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I plan on walking out towards the backsets from the beach Thursday afternoon in the mild temperature and light snow.. How has everyone been doing? Im looking for walleye, has it been productive after dark? :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bigcountry315

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Delta lake
« Reply #61 on: Jan 28, 2015, 01:09 PM »
planning on going out this weekend was wondering what the ice was looking like and what was safe let me know thanks

Offline air1force1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Been out three times in the last two week ends around the pump house, and beach. The the ice was 8"+ everywhere I drilled.
Can't really speak about any where else, but the lake was loaded with people both weekends.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Delta anyone?
« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:27 PM »
I plan on walking out towards the backsets from the beach Thursday afternoon in the mild temperature and light snow.. How has everyone been doing? Im looking for walleye, has it been productive after dark? :tipup: :tipup:
Save yourself some walking and park back behind the park pole barn and walk out from the camp sites. You will walk out onto the first backset. If you're looking for walleye, stick to the main lake
I am Muskies Inc.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #64 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I've been on Delta the past 3 Saturday's hoping for a good bite. Ice was great fishing has not been. A few nice perch and that's about it. Thinking Oneida will be my choice this Saturday.

Offline Jsmartin1112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 29, 2015, 02:39 PM »
anybody pull out any of those big northern that i hear delta can produce?

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:35 PM »
anybody pull out any of those big northern that i hear delta can produce?
As many that have been caught and kept this year, not sure if any are left.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Can't seem to find the fish... I see a ton of people way out on the other shore but no vehicles parked at the beach.. How do you get access to that side? Where does everyone park? Every single shanty out there can't be a local guy with a property right on the lake..

Offline tundra1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Lots of snow and slush on the back side....Snow over a foot in places and its getting wet underneath. fished 4 hrs this am only caught pickerel and dink perch.
just not enough time    <*)((><     >*)(((((((((>< 

Offline Wnthunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Fished delta on Saturday .. Dragged out of the state park .. Went out about a mile out .. The drag was a b**** .. But my buddy caught a walleye and we got about 10 keeper perch

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 2015, 02:54 PM »
I fished this morning and that was a mistake. If you got a wheeler your in for a serious workout. Coming out of the backset there were 1 1/2 to 2 foot drifts the whole way. There were a few slushy spots. Fishing was alright until the wind picked up.

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 2015, 09:19 PM »
How deep u guy was fishing I can't seem to find a good bite out there
The tug is the drug !!

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #72 on: Feb 04, 2015, 05:23 AM »
I haven't been out since last Wednesday, what shape is the trail I plowed that comes out along the campsites.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST
hard water is not always hard
down there, been down, not fun

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #73 on: Feb 04, 2015, 05:33 AM »
hey guys, here is an expierence that happened to me at home town bait shop in marcy.  I stopped in to pick up some minnows and other supplies a few weeks ago, those folks are very nice to chat with,  well here we go, those minnows lasted nearly two weeks. I changed water each time I went to the lake. I also kept the aerator to them. I will be there for more, just my experience with home town. I hear guys say the next day bait is dead from some other shops.
  oh yea, the pup is very friendly too.  gidder done guys.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 04, 2015, 06:21 AM »
Can't even see it anymore hoot. Really appreciate it when that trail gets plowed. Makes it a lot easier for a lot of people. Thanks.. I broke trail for quite aways. Finally hit a drift and called it a win. Going back out today.

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #75 on: Feb 04, 2015, 07:12 AM »
guys with wheelers if you have a plow please help out, plow that trail. life will be easier if the snow is kept clear.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 04, 2015, 03:14 PM »
hey guys, here is an expierence that happened to me at home town bait shop in marcy.  I stopped in to pick up some minnows and other supplies a few weeks ago, those folks are very nice to chat with,  well here we go, those minnows lasted nearly two weeks. I changed water each time I went to the lake. I also kept the aerator to them. I will be there for more, just my experience with home town. I hear guys say the next day bait is dead from some other shops.
Taylor is the man! I will drive out of my way to do business there. He knows how to treat customers and has quality bait!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 04, 2015, 03:15 PM »
Also, thank you very much for plowing a path! It made life very easy when I was there last week!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 04, 2015, 05:01 PM »

He is the guy to go to for bait I got buckeye and minnow that in my fridge for almost a month now change the water every time I'm out fishing and back in the fridge they go
The tug is the drug !!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:57 AM »
Where is the trail plowed? Backsets or beach?
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Backset off state park
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline JoshE18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Anyone been out there today was wondering if we can still get wheelers out there or is the snow too deep? Thanks

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #82 on: Feb 07, 2015, 05:16 PM »
I plowed a little ways out. I stopped when a guy b***hed I was making to much noise. lot of slush under the snow.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 07, 2015, 05:26 PM »
I plowed a little ways out. I stopped when a guy b***hed I was making to much noise. lot of slush under the snow.
I'm curious, did you plow up to or past the ignorant guy who complained? Thank you very much for your efforts and many of us appreciate it.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 08, 2015, 08:42 AM »
Lot of slush when we came off after dark. The plowed area had over a foot of water in it. Thanks for breaking trail hoot and thank you to the guy on the sled for breaking the trail the rest of the way out for us. Wheelers were struggling.

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #85 on: Feb 08, 2015, 10:13 AM »
if anyone has any ideas let me know. hopefully what we got opened yesterday will freeze up for us.  walking must be tough.  if I didn't have my wheeler or when the wheeler cant go, I will not be able to fish. due to my knee replacement failure I cant walk in much over a few inches of snow. enjoy guys, be safe.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #86 on: Feb 08, 2015, 10:15 AM »
don't forget feb, 21 lee rod  and gun club tourney. on delta.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST

Offline jimpedition

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I just went to the lee rod and club website and  it says derby is the 15th.
Thats the 3rd date ive heard in as many days so whichnis NJ it?

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Feb 08, 2015, 12:00 PM »
The derby is the 21st i have a ticket right in front of me. Look at the post at top of ny page under derby and tournaments you will see this years ad.

Offline jimpedition

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Feb 08, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Thank you sir

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.