Author Topic: the what are you working on thread? a thread dedicated to home made projects.  (Read 5710 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I use an old arrow case for my rod case.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i just started one of these in the Michigan form but thought enough to include every one lol's but any ways here goes... 

with this thread  i figure you could post a pick of atom jigs to  to spring bobbers. but it has to be home made to give others ideas on how to do it and what your working with to do it . but any ways  post pic's of your home made things on here with a description of how they work or what they are etc... so every one can get a look at them and get ideas from them...

here is mine to start.  i ended out making a spring bobber tonight out of :

1)spring from a pen
2)a brightly colored bead
3)a extra fine tube tip top
4)some epoxy
5) heat shrink tubing

for roughly 3 bucks i can make a ton of them..

assembly:

1)I started off by drilling out the bead and making sure it fit the spring but leaving the original drill hole at one end.

2)then i pushed the original tip top threw the spring and heat shrink-ed it on  to the tip top

3)then i epoxied the bead and tip top together

here is the finished result: 

Do you stretch the spring out at all? Just wondering and thanks for the idea!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
My aqua-vu case sucked so when I got my hands on a marcum camera that had a case like it I had to do some thing. I liked my bird 45 the way it fits in a 5 gallon bucket so I made my camera the same way. Snap on the lid and its easy to carry and is protected. 1/2" plywood and paint.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
RG I like your idea for a rod case.  I have been pondering how to transport mine--I don't like them sticking up in the air enroute as I often go thru woods where they will hang up on things.  Your setup looks good--now I need to search for an arrow case or something similar.

Offline michiganpolarbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
Do you stretch the spring out at all? Just wondering and thanks for the idea!

yep sure did but don't do it too much you don't want to straighten it. i try to find the biggest i can like a 2 inch long spring. the bead  is weighted down so it is heavy at one end and fish detection is easier.i also left the original hole on the bead to to add a rod tip top or a single foot guide like use on fly rods to run the line threw. i just took some cheap pens and ripped the springs out of them. but remember the pen springs are just plain spring steel they will rust out if left wet at all. you mite be able to fins stainless steel springs on line if you search enough...         

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
I decided to lose some weight ;D

The old flasher setup.

Combination tackle box and soft pack. It's a $10 Igloo soft pack cooler. Found it at Wally World. So I eliminate the ammo container and the tackle box. I weighed a 5 lb difference.

Love an ice fishing equipment diet ;D

RG

Why the tape over the brand name?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
If you're talking about the tape on top of my flasher, there's 2 extra fuses under that tape. There's no brand name on top of my flasher.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
My aqua-vu case sucked so when I got my hands on a marcum camera that had a case like it I had to do some thing. I liked my bird 45 the way it fits in a 5 gallon bucket so I made my camera the same way. Snap on the lid and its easy to carry and is protected. 1/2" plywood and paint.

Very nice Sign$ , love the graphix. 

Offline michiganpolarbear

• Team IceShanty Regular

very nice scroll brush work! see some one else like pin striping and pin stripe art.... :thumbsup: 

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Some tip up hole covers they are  a thought in proceeds but I get back to this when they become something. I want to make something the tip up actually goes inside of.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just finished a new mount for the SiriusXM satellite raido.

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work is for people who don't FISH.
Instead of sitting around moping about no ice and waiting for the big chill,Ive been staying busy scratch building some of the different automatic fisherman ive seen on IS..Here are a few....Using a Piece of old barn siding for the base I took a recycled vacuum cleaner pipe cut down to the length and angle I needed,Nice to use because a ice rod fits perfectly into it..A brass hinge from an old cabinet and a piece of stiff spring wire for some back play on the rod.. Aligned 9 screws on a 45 to give the tension adjustment I need for different length and action rods and used 100 lbs test braid for the trigger line.,. I used some fairly heavy wire for the trigger as it will be under alot of tension when set with a heavy bait or in high winds.. and yes i know about the spring bobber being in the way but this is one of my jigging rods,it is just there as a test rod...Light setting,..Medium..Heavy,.Hope you enjoyed this as much as i did building it...Slabhappy56
Having been away from ice fishing for a number of years, I now have the time to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes. I have enjoyed reading the posts from long time members and to read how you all help one another with no animosity between you.I am looking forward to chatting with you all...slabhappy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.