Author Topic: Lake Lowell  (Read 7489 times)

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Lowell
« Reply #60 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Nice pics John. Those 2 perch are definitely toads. I am going out tomorrow with friend and kids. There First time ice fishing. I am going to try to get them hooked on hard water fishing.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 01, 2013, 11:44 PM »
That's awesome Sam, Me and Jake decided we are heading back to L.L. tomorrow. Eric say's he will be there also, Ice Shanty is taking over the west ramp tomorrow!!! Can't wait!! See you on the ice tomorrow.

Offline Ramjetroger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:58 AM »
It was nice talking to you too Rick. I am going to be gone helping with some remodel on my sisters place, but I will post again
when I get back and maybe we can get out on LL to fish together. Fishing LL is all new to me so I need all the help I can get.
Since we have the rare ice cover here close to home I plan to take advantage of it. At least get out and enjoy the fishing and
making new friends. Did you tell Aaron you like to fish for Kokanee? I would like to talk to you about it sometime.
 Aaron may be there Sunday with his twin boys and he will have the F finder. If you go out some before the big game you could
look for him. Roger
P.S. It sounds like they are catching some bigger ones, maybe they are starting to move in. GOOD LUCK!

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 03, 2013, 02:25 AM »
Fished Sat 1pm-6p 3adults 2kids. A little slow. Still had fun. Was a little colder and no Sun today. We must have missed you John. Did u fish earlier in the day? A young boy we took caught a double put a big smile on his face. Ear to ear. That is what it is all about.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 03, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Unfortunately I never made it out,  :'(  Stuff happened. Glad you had fun though, and that is great that you are showing kids the fun of hard water fishing. Thats just awesome.. Hope to see you out there again soon I just hope the ice holds up. ;)

Offline TightLine21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:02 PM »
The lake was a little empty this afternoon, I wasn't sure if it was the slow fishing or if something else was going on ;).  We fished from 2:00 until about 6:00 and brought in about 10, half of which were under 8".

"terri" I must have been just out from you yesterday evening, I saw the kid bring it the double and both looked like decent fish--he sounded a little surprised.

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 04, 2013, 05:20 AM »
To bad you didn't make it John. Yes i hope the ice lasts a while longer also. I would like several more trips. It has held up better than I thought. I think as long as it gets cold enough to freeze at night we will be ok for a while.

TightLine21  Sorry I did not officially meat you. You moved in a little closer before we left. You were the last one out their. How Did you do after dark?

I did not realize we could fish over night till I got checked by fish & game. He said we could as long as we stayed 200 yards from either dam.

Offline TightLine21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:40 PM »
To bad you didn't make it John. Yes i hope the ice lasts a while longer also. I would like several more trips. It has held up better than I thought. I think as long as it gets cold enough to freeze at night we will be ok for a while.

TightLine21  Sorry I did not officially meat you. You moved in a little closer before we left. You were the last one out their. How Did you do after dark?

I did not realize we could fish over night till I got checked by fish & game. He said we could as long as we stayed 200 yards from either dam.

I only stayed about 20 minutes longer, I did pick up a couple closer to the dam but that was it.  Maybe I'll see you out there next weekend if I can get away from the house.  I have been using the excuse that the lake will melt soon for three weeks now, and I'm not sure how much longer it will work.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:14 PM »
anybody been trying any where else -other than by either Dam-
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Squarehog

« Reply #69 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:55 PM »
I tried some different spots looking for something other than perch.  I know there are nice gills swimming around somewhere.  Tried by saxtons up towards Caldwell end fishing in weed patches and where I get um in the spring but nada.  Lost a pole through a hole over there...  Hiked to the equalizer from the west ramp the other day....  got another real nice cat and lotsa small perch...    Tried the Caldwell Dam this morning...real slow so ended up at west ramp with 10 or so.....I keep hearing about CJ at Cottonwood so thats where Im headed in the AM.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:59 PM »
I would but I was under the impression you had to be 200 yds from the dam. That is also where I always hammer the pig gill's in the spring, I seriously need to try my spot and see if they are there. But the Perch fishing is so fun I can't stop!!!

Squarehog

« Reply #71 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Oh yeah the whole lake is open.   I asked the federal agent who checked us last week.  He said Yes, the whole lake is open,  but no motorized vehicles on the ice.  It seems like by the Nampa Dam is about the best for me..   an old boy walked out and said Hi to me today.. Looked at my fish.. and said You need to go to CJ. So I'm gonna wise up and head to Cottonwoods... 

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:32 AM »
TightLine21 that is funny. I have been using the same excuse. I hope it works this Sat again. But I only get 1day off this weekend. So it will be tough to pull off?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.