Tip Area Has Moved! click here.

ICESHANTY.COM - Tipup Tips

<----BACK         HOME

Hunter

Author Subject: Hunter
Tim Pawloski Posted At 16:50:03 02/04/2002
I have read alot about tip up fishing and i have tried about everything i've read and made some things up and realy can't get a fish to bite my tip up. can some one give me any advise on how to catch walleye, trout, pike. my dad has tried tip ups for years and has never gotten a fish yet, he tried everything that he knows and how others did. but can seem to land any. this is my first time using tipups and i'm about ready to give up. i don't want to but hey i get more fish with pole than a tip up!! i would realy like to catch one. i fish pretty everyday. i first light. til about 9:00 and then 3:00 to last light.i leave the tip up up because i can see it from my house. should i pull an all nighter. any advise here would be greatly apprecited. THANKS!!!!
trapperjon Re: Hunter (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:24:37 02/05/2002

Hi hunter, although your question is a good one, some more info. would help, Are you fishing a lake, a bay off a lake, and also an approx. location?
I'm sure there are a bunch of people here that can help, but being a bit more site specific will help answer your Question. Also what fish are you targeting?
Different species dictate different methods.
Go for it again and i'll bet you get the info. you're looking for! trapper
Pikeman Re: Hunter (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:42:46 02/05/2002

I have been fishing an inland lake for 2 years now in the upper peninsula of michigan. What i have found best is to look for the bay that panfish usally stay in during the winter then find a spot next to weeds and on a drop off next to the bay. the area should be about 12-14 feet deep then set up your tip ups on the drop and some on the weeds make sure u r a couple of feet off bottom because eyes on pike r on the top of their head.
pikeman Re: Hunter (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:26:13 02/05/2002

good luck
Curley in Ct Re: Hunter (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 14:38:16 02/10/2002

Try finding a drop off or weed edge,some thing different.I spred my type over the area. Also try mixing the size of bait. I like medium shiners, Lots of action on good days. Good Luck