Tip Area Has Moved! click here.

ICESHANTY.COM - Tipup Tips

<----BACK         HOME

The best Tip-Up out there !

Author Subject: The best Tip-Up out there !
Ben Posted At 08:06:34 01/13/2002
Theres a fairly new tip-up made by frabill that is 10"
round and thermol body. It covers the hole and prevents
freeze up even on the coldest of days. Never have bolwing snow fill your hole or lose a fish while chopping your tip-up loose again. The flag trip action works great. They pack and stack up easy into a bucket.
I'm telling you, you just set-em and forget-em untill the flag springs up. There about $20.00 each so if you only buy one a year, try it against any other tip-up out there. No I don't work for Frabill, I'm just really impressed how well these tip's work and make using tip-ups more productive and easy to fish with.
garrett holle Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:07:09 01/18/2002

I agree with that there the best and there really nice cus the hole dont freeze up and that is really a plus.
but the first time i used mine this year we were packing up to close up and i pulled the tip up out of the water and started to real up the line and a fish must of took the shiner cus there was about 30 feet of line out but the flag never went up and the marker bobber was long wase out--- i dont know if the marker stuck or what but it makes me wonder but i still like those tipups.
thanks garrett
dustin-neenah WI Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:48:43 01/21/2002

yeah ive used those before; they really work but they $20 is my allowance. (im 13 dont worry)
garrett Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:31:26 01/24/2002

i like those tipups but why spend 20$ on one when you can get an HT POLAR for like 6$ and they work just as good and i really like them and i see them kind the most out of everyone out fishin
Union,Maine Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:38:11 02/02/2002

I think that in heavy snow conditions these traps are useless. The Heritage Trap that is made in Maine is the best trap going today. I have used the polar tip ups and the circular style traps and when the weather creates blowing snow and ice up conditions they are frozen down causeing the flag to miss read. I think that the traps work well in none snow seasons, but in Maine that idea is impossible.
winston Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 20:03:29 02/02/2002

Can the tip-ups be seen at a distance from your base and will snow mobile operators see them as they approach the area? Fishing in inclimate weather it is neccessary that tip-ups be visual when you check them.
Jeffrey Boobar Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 16:05:25 02/10/2002

The Heritage Trap is clearly the best here in Maine. The reel holds lots of line for togue. Adjustable drag, stands about 3 ft. tall when flags up. Last they dont freeze in the tube. If you have trouble seeing the orange flags at long distances try using good size pieces of black materials for flags. Remember BLACK FLAGS KILLS EM DEAD
Posted At 16:06:13 02/10/2002

The Heritage Trap is clearly the best here in Maine. The reel holds lots of line for togue. Adjustable drag, stands about 3 ft. tall when flags up. Last they dont freeze in the tube. If you have trouble seeing the orange flags at long distances try using good size pieces of black materials for flags. Remember BLACK FLAGS KILLS EM DEAD
Posted At 16:10:18 02/10/2002

BOOB Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 16:17:04 02/10/2002

custer Re: The best Tip-Up out there ! (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:46:17 03/04/2002

I have used the Heritage laker tipups here in Wisconsin, and they work just great. They are highly visible and well constructed to last a long time. Im going to try the black flag the other guys mention.