Tip Area Has Moved! click here.

ICESHANTY.COM - Tipup Tips

<----BACK         HOME

Ice Fishing for trout

Author Subject: Ice Fishing for trout
Craig Butler Posted At 16:37:18 11/09/2001
I just started ice fishing last year and I love it! I wanted to know if anyone had some tips on how to catch brown trout and rainbow trout through the ice!(depth,bait,time of day). i would also like to know how to jig for trout? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Craig Butler
ICESHANTY Re: Ice Fishing for trout (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 05:46:11 11/10/2001

Craig,
Read JP's article in IceShanty Online March Issue
Lake Trout Jigging Strategies

http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/mar01/
RAY AHRENS Re: Ice Fishing for trout (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 09:06:02 11/24/2001

SEE TROUT TIPS FOR NEW ENGLAND ONTHE BOARD
timmy Re: Ice Fishing for trout (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:33:07 01/15/2002

had good luck with crapie minows in the past on tips.putt a little berkly trout wiz on the top of the hook and fish farly shallow.a small spiner on the line also may help in dingy water or the fire line glo lite.good luck bud and let us know how you came out (send pics too !)
HKBSBE Re: Ice Fishing for trout (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:06:48 02/05/2002

I USE RAPALA JIGGING MINNOWS SIZE IS A BIG FACTOR BIG TROUT HAVE RUINED SMALL JIGS FOR ME 1THING TO DO IS JUST TRY DIFFRENT SIZES FOR THE SIZE OF TROUT IN YOUR LAKE THERE IS DIFFERNT KINDS OF MINNOWS TO CHOSE FROM FIND THE BREED OF MINNOW IN YOUR LAKE AND GO FOR IT
HKBSBE Re: Ice Fishing for trout (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:06:52 02/05/2002

I USE RAPALA JIGGING MINNOWS SIZE IS A BIG FACTOR BIG TROUT HAVE RUINED SMALL JIGS FOR ME 1THING TO DO IS JUST TRY DIFFRENT SIZES FOR THE SIZE OF TROUT IN YOUR LAKE THERE IS DIFFERNT KINDS OF MINNOWS TO CHOSE FROM FIND THE BREED OF MINNOW IN YOUR LAKE AND GO FOR IT