The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone using the wireless fish finders?  (Read 791 times)

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone using the wireless fish finders?
« on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:20 PM »
I shore fish during the summer and have been looking at getting one of the wireless fish finders. Was curious if anyone is using them on the ice and how they like them. Curious how well they pick up lures and how deep they go consistently. I'm sure they won't be as good as the regular fish finders. But have an old fishing buddy I I that I am wanting to replace. Wondering how much of an upgrade it would be.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone using the wireless fish finders?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:24 AM »
I am sure they work better than the fishing buddy....

Someone posted on one a few threads below called Deeper. 

You might also look on the main page (not just the Wyoming page).

Offline WYOBEAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:25 AM »
I love my Deeper.  It does eat the phone battery pretty fast but just get an extra external battery and it will last all day.  Super easy to use and the rolling screen is awesome in the icefishing  mode.  Make sure you get the WiFi model. 

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2017, 02:40 PM »
I am sure they work better than the fishing buddy....

Someone posted on one a few threads below called Deeper. 

You might also look on the main page (not just the Wyoming page).

My search powers are weak, kept pulling up old threads when they first came out lol. Will give it another go. At this point I'm almost convinced the fishing buddy just randomly marks fish just to make me think it is doing something lol. Always something 30-40 feet out popping up it seems like.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline Doz601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2017, 02:42 PM »
My search powers are weak, kept pulling up old threads when they first came out lol. Will give it another go. At this point I'm almost convinced the fishing buddy just randomly marks fish just to make me think it is doing something lol. Always something 30-40 feet out popping up it seems like.
.  I have a fish hunter and it is prettt darn good down to 40' is all I've fished with it. Does Mark fish. Need to make sure you have the parameters set properly and turn your phone to airplane mode while using it and it won't drain the battery.

Offline Hunt n Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2017, 11:32 AM »
I tried the Vexilar one a couple of years ago since I don't have a boat and thought it would be nice to have something I could use during all seasons and it was no good.  Used it on the ice and open water.  It's a pain trying to fish and look at your phone at the same time.  Also drains the phone battery very fast.  Ice fishing it works ok if the ice is thin but once you get over 6" of ice there is too much interference to see much.  Open water it's heavy as heck to cast out and wind or current always seemed to send it back to shore.  Spent more time messing with it than fishing.  Used it for just over a year and then the battery wouldn't take a charge.  Need to send it in to the factory to have the battery replaced since there's no way to take it apart.  Biggest waste of money ever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.