The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NORTH PARK  (Read 757 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
NORTH PARK
« on: Nov 27, 2015, 10:26 PM »
its been a few years now the bass should be gettin fat on all dem stockies? any one been getting any sizeable bass fishing for trout want to hit lake this year any intel appreciated
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NORTH PARK
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2015, 04:50 AM »
Wholey's has bass fillet on sale this week.

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Been getting a lot of 8-12"ers there this summer. I'm sure there are bigger ones in there though. Past 2 years really haven't yanked many stockies out from the hard water so maybe the bass down deep are munchin on them.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 11:22 AM »
Been getting a lot of 8-12"ers there this summer. I'm sure there are bigger ones in there though. Past 2 years really haven't yanked many stockies out from the hard water so maybe the bass down deep are munchin on them.
thanks, it was that way at hereford manor r.i.p. the bass grew fat on stockies and if you had rainbow chubs on it was hawg heaven.wonder if there will be a fall stocking? thinking about plumbing the deep structure ;) when it ices up
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2015, 06:55 PM »
It was just stocked last week.

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2015, 06:24 AM »
How are the shad populations in there?  There used to be massive schools of shad, that will fatten em up quick!  When they drained the lake, you should have seen pine creek, just overflowing with shad!  There used to be some big fish hiding in there,  one night I decided to though a musky plug for fun while I was trying to see if there were any big channel cats in there on my other rod.  Something slammed my top water "torpedo I think"....I set the hook and the water lit up,  My 7" hv action lightning rod bend over and 20# big game peeled from my baitcaster!!!!  The lure flew out of the water into the trees behind me as I jut got my butt handed to me.  I was just amazed there was something that large in that lake!!! What ever it was bent the hook straight on a stout musky plug!  Win some you loose some I guess?  I thought maybe I snagged a big ol' carp in it's back?  But I have heard of tiger musky and possibly flatheads in there, who knows back then?  Even though the lake is still new they may have stocked a few bigger fish too, and with a managed food source.........sky is the limit!  Good luck down there!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2015, 01:21 PM »
there was a story of a huge pike in the lake also some monsster walleyes, as well as big bass and catfeesh.one of the biggest bass to be caught in pa came otta north park.as for shad they are in there as well as pannies. have to check out the stockie action thanks for the intel
GOD BLESS
mo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.