Author Topic: High Lake.  (Read 1566 times)

Offline kissmybass

• IceShanty Rookie
High Lake.
« on: Jan 02, 2015, 09:02 PM »
anybody been to High Lake yet ? looking forward to dynamite Lakers.  ;D

Offline WALLEY HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: High Lake.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:17 PM »
I have really been thinking if going there.    My uncle always talked highly of this lake pardon the pun.    Have you had any good success there?    I will be heading there on the weekend of Jan 17th.   Any info on which area to target would be great! 
Jacques

Offline Jigagain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:48 PM »
Best way to access High Lake is by sled or quad down the trail from the end of Falcon Lake. If you follow the trail markers that go to Kenora there are a few spots that you will see tracks and holes drilled along the North shore line. These spots seem to produce year after year. Jig or tube jig and a minnow work as good as anything. Good luck!! We like to get out there as much as possible but haven't been yet this year.

Offline WALLEY HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:08 AM »
Thank you for the tips.  I will post my results.   Is it far on the lake oncenter you get on?
Jacques

Offline WALLEY HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:10 AM »
I meant once you get on the lake.   Not on center .   
Jacques

Offline Beave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:09 PM »
Been out a couple times. Once before and once after Christmas.  Both times landed at least a couple, moved around a lot on all sides of the lake.  On the 27th I caught in 30', 50' and 55' of water.  White tube jigs. 

Before Christmas we were the first group in that morning, we pushed 6 wolves off the island on the NE corner.  Was a pretty cool site the last 2 were only about 150 yards away when they busted for the mainland.

Offline lewbank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:09 AM »
I am very interested in fishing High Lake.  Are the trails Snoman trails?  I don't currently have a snopass as I don't trail ride, but I would also rather not pay the $400 fine for using trails without a pass.

Offline J_MAKI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2015, 01:41 PM »
You don,t need a pass as long as you are fishing and access the lake the most direct way possible.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.