Author Topic: Dellwood reservoir  (Read 1326 times)

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Dellwood reservoir
« on: Nov 27, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Had a couple of hours to kill before supper so took a short drive to Dellwood to check out ice conditions.
There was 12 to 14 inches of ice where I was. Caught a few pike and a couple of walleye kept one of each species.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Pilsnerperch

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dellwood reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2014, 02:38 AM »
Where abouts is that on the lake.  I've fished dell wood in the summer off of the rocks.  Not to sure where to even start.  Nice to see there are some eyes in the lake as well.     

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2014, 06:23 AM »
Where abouts is that on the lake.  I've fished dell wood in the summer off of the rocks.  Not to sure where to even start.  Nice to see there are some eyes in the lake as well.     
Pilsnerperch if you follow the raod along the West side of the lake you will come to a well beaten trail that heads into the lake through someones field. (there are a few large round bales) A lot of folks shoree fish there in the summer. There is one shack on the ice now and another waiting to go out. I just walked out past that shack and drilled a few holes. There are also some perch in this lake but nothing like it was ten years ago when this was the best jumbo perch producer around. There was a huge winterkill around 2004 can't remember exactly that wiped out most og the perch and Walleye. Since then the pike have taken over.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Pilsnerperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2014, 12:59 PM »
Ok thanks a ton. I think I might check it out this weekend if I get some time and weather smartens up!

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2015, 02:17 PM »
Does anyone have any info about how the fishing has been here lately?

Thanks.

B19

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2015, 05:55 PM »
I haven't been there myself but have heard from a few people that they are catching jacks fairly steady.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.