Author Topic: Ice conditions, this time of yr please post county or don't post ice conditions  (Read 10607 times)

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sorry there is not as much info as you thought there would be, 1,300+ views w/very little info. Since I am the OP of this thread I take full blame. I should of known better than to start a thread against his beliefs, in here he is always right never wrong.

I started this thread in all honesty to try to help. But as what happens to allot of threads in here, someone derailed it because they have a different opinion.  Maybe they should rename this site "WW" instead of "IS".
hello fellow ice heads . I knew it wouldnt be long until u 2 tangled again. Two know it alls in a head on collision. One with the ranger big shot and the other with his conduit sled that pulls like a mack truck. Both are my favorite to read on here.
So hows the ice anyway?

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hello fellow ice heads . I knew it wouldnt be long until u 2 tangled again. Two know it alls in a head on collision. One with the ranger big shot and the other with his conduit sled that pulls like a mack truck. Both are my favorite to read on here.
So hows the ice anyway?

Thread doesn't even belong here to begin with. There's a place for posting lake conditions for those that want to do so. HOOSIER just pull this thing it was worthless off the get go.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thread doesn't even belong here to begin with. There's a place for posting lake conditions for those that want to do so. HOOSIER just pull this thing it was worthless off the get go.

There has only been 8 post in the lake condition section all year!  Yep, I would look there for info.  I would agree though, 99% of this thread is worthless.  Everyone should know you're taking you life into your own hands when you start walking on water.

Offline scroungydog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Penguinphobic
Now that everyone has had there say, I need to try to steal this thread.
A major word of caution::: Should you happen to go on the ice this late in the year, please do not put your guard down. The Penguins are notoriously clever and hard to get along with this late in the season. I have had the bad fortune of being pulled beneath the ice on a few occasions during late ice!! Those tuxedo wearing hooligans will just reach out and pull you through in a heartbeat. Posting ice conditions will not save anyone from those tricksters. Therefore, I am with Waxy on this one. (That should scare you Waxy on some level) I am not for sharing ice conditions this late in the year for putting someone at risk of not using there own best judgement. If you do not know how to read the ice on your own, do not believe someone you do not know from the internet!! Also, always trust your penguin senses!!! ;)

Have you ever seen a green moe plucked down a 6" ice hole????  Let me tell you it's not a pretty sight!!!!! Please heed his warning and don't be the next!!!!http://
Penguins are not your Friends!!!!!

Offline Bang,Bang

• IceShanty Rookie
All I know boy's with the thaw & rain its not worth risking your life on a few fish......What a amazing winter though, 18" to 20" of ice, trucks driving on ice here in la porte, pretty cool stuff. Until next winter have a good one ::)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This time of year you just gotta go incognito Moe!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Rkoomler

So how's the ice?

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
This time of year you just gotta go incognito Moe!
(Image removed from quote.)

Does Artic Armor sell that with the same floating guarantee?
I think I could stash my 50 cal in there and sneak right in on 'em! @) Kaboom!!!! Let'er rip!!!  :o

I like how you think!! ;D
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline libo

• IceShanty Rookie
    I like penguins on the bar b, tastes alot like eagle!!!    lol.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice is still good one Sylvan, well at least I didn't fall through today!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Still good.

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
My very first post on ice conditions on IS I was jumped on, told I dont know ice condtions. I didnt tell ANYONE to go fishing just took pics.
Some people think that they are the only ones that can post conditions.
So thats why it will NEVER happen again!
Good luck and tight lines!

....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That's too bad.  Ice conditions are a very serious matter but I don't understand some of the attitudes and expression thereof.  We all take our life in our hands when we get on the ice and should take it seriously, but I'm thankful if someone lets me know where decent ice is early and late.  Sylvan is a great and big body of water with plenty of room and fish.  I had a great year and enjoyed meeting some new people.  There were only 5 guys fishing out of GSP last night and at least 4 of the 5 we're IS members.  3 of us fished within 40' of each other at times.  It was a great way to end the season and many fish were caught!

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My very first post on ice conditions on IS I was jumped on, told I dont know ice condtions. I didnt tell ANYONE to go fishing just took pics.

Feel free to post condition anytime, just ignor those who complain. Yrs ago we had sayings for those types of replies, " know-it-alls " and  " I'm right and if you disagree ur wrong ". Nowdays they have a different name, its called "cyber-bullying", just ignor if you can.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline cmoore09

• IceShanty Rookie
Checked round lake today.  Spud bar went right in.  Definitely not safe.

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Whitehorse, Yukon, drove the trucks out onto 40 inches to catch a 40 incher.

Rick's personal best!

We have a good week of drive-on left.
Ted

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict

I realize this is an old thread but my email notified me of it.

Have to admit the same thing happened to me first ice. Everyone had the fever to get on some hard water. So I posted a public lake I had been fishing. Well, it didn't go over to well a small few fellow IS members. But I really don't care. I would rather direct someone to some fishable ice that than hear about them drowning. I agree, no ice is "safe ice", and people should check themselves to be sure. Especially this day & age with the internet and all. But I would rather try to help someone than steer them away. Just my .02..... besides, it's not like even 50 people are going to fish a lake out. As long as people are respectful and don't litter, ect. I personally don't care if 100 people show up. Not everyone is a seasoned lifelong icehead like myself and many others on here. And some have to drive a long ways to find ice here up north. And there are also a lot of new people taking up the sport. Something has definately went downhill fast with this world we inhabit.

Offline Greenhorn Betty

• IceShanty Rookie
Feel free to post condition anytime, just ignor those who complain. Yrs ago we had sayings for those types of replies, " know-it-alls " and  " I'm right and if you disagree ur wrong ". Nowdays they have a different name, its called "cyber-bullying", just ignor if you can.
THE WORM sums it up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.