The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Stingray s33 8"  (Read 643 times)

Offline BourbonSnowCone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Stingray s33 8"
« on: Dec 14, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Hey everybody,
I just traded a guy for a 1 year old Stingray. I guess he decided ice fishing was too cold. Anyways, I got a good deal but the problem is he said at the end of last season he was having a hard time getting this thing to start in the cold. He also stored the auger flat all offseason with fuel in the tank. Just wondering if anybody has any tips about how to best handle this thing and get it running smoothly again.
Thanks
BSC

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo Stingray s33 8"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2013, 11:57 PM »
The easiest and fastest way I could suggest is to rebuild the carb.  It will save you time in the long run rather than doing the try this and that to see if it works.  After that add some Seafoam and Startron into your gas mix, they will help prevent ethanol damage and keep the fuel system clean.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Eskimo Stingray s33 8"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 04:35 AM »
I inherited my Dads model 30 that I gave to him as a Christmas gift years ago, it had sat for a few years and was pretty gummed up. I put about a cup of Gumout carb cleaner in the tank and primed it a few times then cranked it up, I shut it down as soon as it started. I waited another day then drained the tank, put in another cup of Gumout, primered, started and shut it off again for another day. The next day I drained the tank, then put about a cup of mixed gas and Seafoam in it and started it up and after about 2 or 3 minutes of smoking it was running like new. I drained the tank again and ran mixed gas the rest of the season, never did change the plug and it's on it's second season now with me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.