Author Topic: Where are the trout biting?  (Read 828 times)

Offline Bigtrout131

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where are the trout biting?
« on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Hey guys and gals,

I'm not going to be able to fish this weekend but am probably going to hit it hard Monday morning.  I'd like to try someplace new.  My fish of choice are "Brookies", but Rainbows and Browns are also fun.  I've fished Pleasant Lake and Massebesic so far this year and want to hit someplace new.  Keep in mind i don't have a snowsled, so easy access is appreciated.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Trout Fear Me!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Where are the trout biting?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:52 PM »
If you like Brookies you could try Tower Hill Pond in Candia, Winona in Center Harbor, or Manning in Gilmanton....

I noticed you're from Manchester, these places are within an hours drive. (Tower Hill is probably less than 20 min)

Good Luck...where-ever you head out to ;)

Offline geo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:34 PM »
When you want trout go north. Try the big lakes, and smaller waukewan, winona, and mirror, for rainbows, and others, Ossipee's been producing good browns, and brookies are spotty.

Offline Bigtrout131

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:27 PM »
If you like Brookies you could try Tower Hill Pond in Candia, Winona in Center Harbor, or Manning in Gilmanton....

I noticed you're from Manchester, these places are within an hours drive. (Tower Hill is probably less than 20 min)

Good Luck...where-ever you head out to ;)

I tried Tower Hill Pond Last week.  It was so darn cold i couldn't stand it.  I lasted 45 Minutes and did get a flag, and bait was missing on 5 of 6 traps.  I'm going to try it again this week.   I hope it will be warmer, or at least less windy.  Is there any other way to get to the pond other than by snowmobile?

Anyone else catching trout anywhere?
Trout Fear Me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.