The board sponsored by:

Author Topic: YOAdrien Charters News  (Read 51853 times)

YOAdrien

• IceShanty Fishing Guide
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: YOAdrien Charters News
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Nice fish. But . . . er . . . that snow cat looks an awful lot like an argo 8 wheel Atv. 

Call it what you will but anything with 2, 20 foot long tracks and skid steering is a snow cat to me.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Fair enough. Great machines though.

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 06, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Fished wednesday and the fishing was annoying, this after the full moon thing always ticks me off on winni. The fish just wouldn't bite until 1 pm but when they did eat we got 6 lakers pretty quick and they were gone, saved the trip.

Thursday i had to cancel my trip because i was in the hospital with something, needed a couple IV bags and got me back going, friday i was way too weak to go as well and had to cancel again.

Saturday morning i felt better and went through with the trip. The moon has finally wained enough to get the lakers back to almost normal again and they started to feed at about 9 this morning and continued steady until we quit around 1, we landed 12 lakers and an 18" smallmouth and 1 white perch. The bite should pick up for lakers by 8 tomorrow morning, die about noon and pick up about 2 again. Getting them best about 40-50 feet deep.

Best 2 fish today were 24 inchers followed by a 20 and 19 and a bunch of 17-18's

Steve from wednesday with a 19 incher, he and Bob combined for half a dozen trout.

Taking a couple days off and back at it come tuesday, good luck tomorrow, don't move your lake trout flags until 9:30 tomorrow morning if you're not getting bites, wait until after 9:30 if you're going to move, there should be action by then, IF you are on fish.

red saltbox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Glad your feeling better, IV bags are better than puking in your underware in a plane coming home from vacation like you did a few years back!!

C.C.

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Thanks for reminding me, hey there's something caught in your Mustache, probably old sucker meat?

whiteperchassasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Hope your feeling better Yo! Maybe that new member of your family is wearing you down...LOL

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 09, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Took Steve and Sharon on a rainbow trip today and we had a nice day on the lake, pretty windy but the sun finally warmed us up.

We landed 7 rainbows between 15 and 17.5 inches along with a couple yellow perch and a pickerel. Bite was best early and slowed mid day, a lot of hit and run in the mid day we just couldn't hook up with.

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Had a decent day on the ice today. We had 8 flags, landed 6 lake trout, kept 2 and had only 1 bite jigging and he came off. It was very slow, and i couldn't get a fish to commit to any jig besides that one. We had lake trout toy with our jigs for 30-40 minutes and wouldn't bite. Normally 90% of the fish that come to the jig hit within seconds but not today. Most fish caught in the first couple hours. Go early tomorrow.

I was surprised to see this happen today, no matter how hard i pattern these trout they can throw a curveball off the backstop every now and then, everything was almost perfect, i expected to see 20+ trout today, the trout had other ideas, make notes and adjust in the future.

On the plus side, these guys are funny and i had a good time fishin with them, and only 1 of them puked all over the ice, must have been seasick?

Mac John Ben Chris

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Fished with dale and the boys from the cape on 2-14-10
we landed 11 smallmouth bass 12 lakers a salmon and a couple white perch, it was windy as heck but the fishing was hot.
1 of 11 great smallmouth caught jigging and tip-ups. Best jig was a berkely gulp minnow on a lead head.

3 fish the boys kept all the rest were released

Yesterday 2-18-10 Sam Jacob and Dad had a great morning with 11 lakers and a couple big whities
they called it a day around noon, mission accomplished.

Today 2-19-10, Dave and his buddies had quite a mixed bag of fish. They landed 7 lakers 2 big cusk a jumbo yellow and 5 FAT Whities plus a couple small yellows. steady action all day was nice to have. A few on jigs including the 3.5 and 4.5 pound cusk back to back by Dave on a perch colored bucktail in the rocks. The big one was 27 inches long he was all curled up in the pictures but he was a long one. Can you believe that HOG Yellow.

draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Yoadrien

What a great day we had. You said you put us on the fish and boy did you. You also played one of the greatest ice fishing jokes on me so far in all my ice fishing years. Still laughing about it right now.

If anyone is looking for a great charter you will not be disappointed in YOADRIEN. Great service, advice, price and fishing!!
We will see you next year for some Bow fishing.

Thanks again for a great day!!

Dave (draz), Larry, Ron (bobbybass), and Chris

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Fished with Ciaran and Dave and we had a great time, word of advice though, Dave's Chili tastes good now, but, it causes problems the next day!! We fished winni and landed 6 smallmouth and 10 lakers and 1 whitie. They only kept the 1 whitie to fry and the rest were released, the pic of the smallmouth was quickly released after, all nice sized bass and trout for the day. Windy, but what else is new. Smelt and gulp minnows on lead head were the ticket.

ciaran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:11 PM »
Yo,
Man we had a blast (not a reference to the chili.)   Anyone who wants to have fun, catch fish, and trade some great banter about the love of our sport owes it to themselves to book a trip with Adrien.  He is the source for the best, honest state of our NH fisheries and any solutions to improving what we can do to insure it will be there for our kids.  We'll be back.  Lots of laughs and fish...thanks again.

Ciaran
...Not without your keys you're not!

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Fished with a great crew today 3 adults and 3 kids, everybody was dressed up and didn't mind the cold.
Lots of great food on the grill too!!

We caught 6 lakers and 2 cusk and they were 27 and 28 inches long!!

Here is a video of Todays stay angler Julia, 8 years old. Watch her land a 28" 5 pound cusk on her jig stick!! She was wearing the helmet because it was warmer than her hat!

A pic of julia and her big cusk

The whole crew with 3 lakers and a couple cusk to eat, these big cusk are really feeding lately, they fillet really nice and taste great!! Best bite has been bucktails at noon, go figure??

natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:02 AM »
great video Adrien! The smile on her face is priceless.Awesome job man.

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

bobbybass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:23 AM »
YOAdrien,

Sorry for the late post.  We had blast on Friday.  Thank you for a great day I have told every one what a great time we had and what a great service you provide you put us on fish all fish.  We learned a lot and we are looking forward to getting some bows next year.  I do believe we have found our new annual trip.

Ron

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Had a super day on the ice today. Great guys and great weather, i didn't wear my coat all day. no action jigging today, all tipups. We landed 8 lakers, 3 smallmouth, 6 whites, and a few yellows plus a 2.2 pound 17 inch chub!

2 best lakers were 25 inches each at a little over 5 pounds and a 22 and 23 at 4 pounds each. Lots of nice thick fish.

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Fished with Jim Flanagan and 3 of his girls today, what a blast, fun kids and very good anglers i must add. We landed 8 lake trout with Jims 25 incher that pulled the scale a hair past 5.5 pounds, it was a beauty to see. Also a great smallmouth and a thick whitie. These are no girlie girl anglers, they wanted to bait their own hooks, set their own lines and they certainly have no problem grabbing the fish to pose for pictures or clean them for supper. If i ever hire a mate for charters these 3 will be on top of the list!

I just love the charters during the school vacation weeks, the kids are always the most fun part of my job, i don't mind funny old fat guys either, but the kids make it special.

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Fished Saturday 2-27 with a group of guys from boston it was a decent day and we got 6 lake trout and quit early, it was pretty windy and was mixed precip that made everybody wet, never snapped a pic.

Fished Sunday 2-28 with Duncan and Dwight for yellow perch and we had a ball, caught about 50 and kept the 15 biggest jumbos all over a pound and 1 bonus white perch plus a couple pickerel released.

Fished Monday 3-1 with Mike and Dick and it was WINDDDYYYYYY, but the fish were biting!! They landed 17 Lakers 10 white perch a handful of yellow perch and a couple smallmouth. Action everywhere all day. Jigs and Flags. They released all the lakers and kept most of the perch, it was quite a bag of fillets.

Fished tuesday 3-2-10 with mike and dick again and we did well with 5 lakers 5 smallmouth a few whites and a few yellows and a rainbow and a pickerel. Highlight was Mike's 27 inch Laker!!!! What a beauty!!

Orion7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Wow, are there any fish left in that lake?

YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Fished a smaller waterbody today that had good ice. Had a couple repeats Dan and Ryan today. We whacked them pretty good with 5 species of fish caught. We landed 18 Smallmouth Bass, 5 pickerel, 6 yellow perch, 2 white perch, and 2 rainbows. They each kept 1 rainbow, 2 smallies and 1 white perch to eat. I havn't eaten smallmouth before but i have filleted a few for clients lately and they sure do produce a nice fillet, i will probably give it a try next time i catch one. Cuts up just like a big white perch, meat is a bit darker but who knows. Lots of people tell me they are good.

Last year combined i think i only caught 5 smallmouth and only one this year up until 2 weeks ago and now i have landed 55 in the last 2 weeks, when we had those super sunny days and black ice it must have warmed the water like a greenhouse because the reefs blew wide open and the smallmouth started biting like mad. It's a great addition to the days fishing.

We caught 1 little smallie that was 1.5 pounds and all the rest were between 2.10 and 3.55 pounds so some nice fish.

There are definately some places laft with good ice but i don't like taking clients on it, i'll drag myself out a few more times and get ready for next year.

Dan with a good smallie

Ryan and Dan with supper

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.