Author Topic: Zercom RTS rigging  (Read 40186 times)

Offline Tholl

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Zercom RTS rigging
« Reply #30 on: Dec 25, 2004, 07:04 AM »
Here she is, All finished!

-Tholl

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 25, 2004, 08:34 AM »
Very NICE  ;D let us know how you like it when you try it out . 8)
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

P Gottshall

« Reply #32 on: Dec 25, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Tholl,

That is a sweet setup.  Looks like you spent a fair amount of time putting it together.  Very nice.

I added this to my "inventions" list, as I think lots of people could benefit: http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=15334.msg127012#msg127012

Nice job,
Paul

ps - Merry Christ-mas!

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2004, 11:04 AM »
I like the ducer setup,  how was this accomplished,  where did you get the arm?
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

P Gottshall

« Reply #34 on: Dec 25, 2004, 04:11 PM »
6 ball.  Corner pocket.

Offline Skeeter41

• IceShanty Rookie
  • W.H.O Produces Fish
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2004, 09:18 AM »
For those who have them, I need some help.  I had mine out for the first time yesterday and couldn't get it to work.  Where do you have your setting at??  When I had mine in the bottom kept moving, and when I turned the setting down so the bottom was a solid black line, then it wouldn't pick up my jig, but if I turned it up to pick up my jig then there were blinking lines everywhere on it.  Also, shouldn't your jig if it is just sitting there be a line on the screen??  Mine would only show up if you were moving it, but like I said the sensitivity had to be turned way up and then there were lines everywhere. 

Help me out.
President/Owner of W.H.O.
Have you Dunnit?
They don't bite it, they eat it.

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2004, 05:26 PM »
The lines could have been Fish,  Weeds,  Trees,  or just clutter.  I am hoping it wasn't the last.

Mike

jeff34

« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2005, 09:42 PM »
from jeff34
i have a zercom rts and was trying it for ice fishing with the puck transducer. it looks like you can make it work. but just wanted to know how much better it will work with ice transducer. will that help picking up a teardrop hook with a spike for bait? do you know the differences in the 2 transducers?

sbcgy

« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Anybody with a Zercom RTS out there? Trying to see if mine is working properly, can pick up bottom and shoot through pretty thick ice, have the iceducer setup. Jig and weight will also show if gain turned up but I notice the readout is "flashy" or " blinky" is this normal or does it show up clear with solid bars as manual shows? Also cannot seem to adjust for the two color grayscale. Any ideas!

jeff34

« Reply #39 on: Mar 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Anybody with a Zercom RTS out there? Trying to see if mine is working properly, can pick up bottom and shoot through pretty thick ice, have the iceducer setup. Jig and weight will also show if gain turned up but I notice the readout is "flashy" or " blinky" is this normal or does it show up clear with solid bars as manual shows? Also cannot seem to adjust for the two color grayscale. Any ideas!
i have rts and use puck transducer. in 10 ft 0f water mine is clear but as my depth goes deeper [20ft]my hook flashes when i move it. if i turn up the gain i can see the hook but i get inter ference. [bleeps lines flash] note i use a #12 teardrop style hook. it seems to work better with a bigger hook than i prefer to use. as i read your question it says shoot through pretty thick ice. note it works much better to drop transducer just below bottom of the ice. please read my submit[jeff34]above. you said you have ice transducer and i want to know if works better than what i have.and what the diffrece is. good fishing.

sbcgy

« Reply #40 on: Mar 17, 2005, 12:07 AM »
I do like the ice ducer, you drop it and set the depth I have used it on ice ranging from 16 - 24 inches in depths from 6 18 feet, it levels and floats nice and as I mentioned I have used it to shoot through the ice to determine depth before punching holes, it will pick up a splitshot and swivel as well as your hook, I find it works well to set hook depth and I have seen fish with it. The hook flashes on mine as well and doesn't ever show as a non flashing bar, I just can't seem to get the light gray scale to happen with it. The ice ducer looks similar to a vex with the float and cylindrical ducer, I also have a puck ducer that I haven't tried yet, how did you set yours up...like the pvc pipe shown above?

jeff34

« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2005, 09:25 PM »
I mounted my rts on a board and put an eye hook in the front of the board. then i atached the transducer to a 12 in. rod with a hook on the top. i just hang it on the eye drop it in the hole and it levels out. as for the gray scale i haven't paid close attention to it. it allmost seems that my hook is showing up grey at times.that would make sense according to my manual.as it says a small target size,fish at the edge of transducer cone,weeds ect. will show up grey. note from what i have noticed the sensitivity setting will change this.a small fish showing up grey turn up the sensitivity and it will be black. i must have set my hook as close to grey as i could. when i saw somethig bigger than my hook i asumed it was a fish. seems to me yours is working simmilar to mine. good fishing my ice is gone.

JASTOUT

Could someone Please fax me the user-manual information for a Zercom RTS fish finder?
I lost my user manual and desperately need enough info to correctly operate the unit.
I will be be eternally grateful !!!

My fax number is  610 293 4481    Attention  Jim Stout    USERS, INC.   

I just need enough info to operate the unit on my fishing Boat.

Thanks so very much !!!!

JASTOUT

« Reply #43 on: Sep 21, 2005, 05:20 PM »
HI,

MY NAME IS JIM STOUT.  I WILL PAY CASH TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO SELL ME A COPY OF THE USER MANUAL FOR A 1997  ZERCOM RTS  REAL TIME SONAR FISH FINDER.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS:   [email protected]

PLEASE CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS THE SELLING PRICE AND I WILL SEND YOU A CHECK.

I WILL PAY FOR MAILING COSTS TO RECEIVE A COPY OF THE USERS MANUAL.

THANKS  VERY MUCH !!!   JIM STOUT  VILLANOVA  PA.

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 21, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I will do some searching for mine.  If I find it I will scan it and send it to you via email at no cost.   ;D

That is if I find it.....What questions do you have about it that you need the user manual?

JASTOUT

« Reply #45 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I will do some searching for mine.  If I find it I will scan it and send it to you via email at no cost.   ;D

That is if I find it.....What questions do you have about it that you need the user manual?

THANKS VERY MUCH !!!   I  NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE MY 1997 MODEL ZERCOM RTS TO DETERMINE HOW DEEP THE WATER IS UNDER MY BOAT FOR NAVIGATION PURPOSES.  ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.  THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT !   Jim Stout

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #46 on: Sep 22, 2005, 04:02 PM »
OK, I will look for it some more tonight but will try and explain how to do this off the top of my head.  If I remember correctly (been about 4 months since I have used mine), you can first set the depth reading on the zercom rts by one of the buttons on the top of it.  It goes from 10 feet, 15 ft, 20 ft., etc.  You will see some black bars go across the screen, this is the bottom of the lake/river.  If the bars are at the bottom you may need to change the depth reading on the zercom by hitting that button on the top.  It may be 9 feet deep but it may be easier to read if you switch the rts to 15 feet and you can see the bar better when it is in the middle if that makes sense?  Those lines on the side of the lcd screen mark off the depth.

Sorry if that is confusing.

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #47 on: Sep 23, 2005, 07:45 AM »
They used to have the manual online but I see they took it off.  I sent an email to humminbird and I believe they are sending me a free manual so when/if I get it I will get it to you somehow.  I could use a copy myself for reference so I am hoping they send it to me.

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Sep 23, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I will look for mine this weekend as well

Mike

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #49 on: Sep 30, 2005, 05:35 PM »
I sent a scanned copy of the manual to your email address.  Let me know if it didn't work. 

Offline QuickDraw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Nov 07, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I was wondering if I could get a copy of the manual sent to me too, I would greatly appreciate it!

thanks in advance!

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #51 on: Nov 07, 2005, 07:08 PM »
I am sorry, I sold my zercom rts and manual.  So I don't have a copy anymore.  I bought a marcum lx-3.   ;D

Offline QuickDraw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 08, 2005, 02:33 PM »
oh well, it was worth a try, i just bought one in really used condition yesterday for next to nothing, i probably do not need a manual it seems pretty straight foreward, what is the "supr" button for? any insights or tips about the rts?
thanks!

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 08, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Now that I think of it, I may have a copy of the manual saved in my scanner folder where I scanned it in the first time.  I will look tonight and if it is still there I will send it to you.

trapperdirk

« Reply #54 on: Nov 08, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Now that I think of it, I may have a copy of the manual saved in my scanner folder where I scanned it in the first time.  I will look tonight and if it is still there I will send it to you.

Can you e-mail it to me to Duketter as this comes up often and even though I don't own an RTS its nice to use as a reference or to share with others . Thanks

TD

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #55 on: Nov 08, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Supression button, I've never had to use it.

-Scott

oh well, it was worth a try, i just bought one in really used condition yesterday for next to nothing, i probably do not need a manual it seems pretty straight foreward, what is the "supr" button for? any insights or tips about the rts?
thanks!

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline QuickDraw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Nov 09, 2005, 07:52 AM »
Supression button, I've never had to use it.
what does it supposedly supress? this is my first flasher so excuse the dumb questions  ;D

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #57 on: Nov 09, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Any interference or noise you may encouter which clutters the screen supposedly may be tuned out with the supression feature. I found it doesn't seem to work very well for interference from other flashers.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #58 on: Nov 09, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I sent a copy of the manual to trapperdirk so maybe it will be put up on the site for everyone?  Quickdraw, I was going to send you a copy too but I couldn't find your email address.

trapperdirk

« Reply #59 on: Nov 10, 2005, 09:03 AM »
I sent a copy of the manual to trapperdirk so maybe it will be put up on the site for everyone?  Quickdraw, I was going to send you a copy too but I couldn't find your email address.

Yes thankyou for the copy duketter but when I went to resize it to fit the board it just was not legible anymore . It's too bad that often is the case but anyone has a better way of posting it here in another formatt so that folks can read it  that would be great .

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.