The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: To all new Ma. members!!!  (Read 4004 times)

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
To all new Ma. members!!!
« on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:50 PM »
I have noticed that there have been alot of new members in here in the last few weeks, asking lots of questions.

Not a problem, Ask away!

There are also some new members, stirring the pot on things that they know nothing about,
(like killing fish for a pin??) Don't even know how that one came about!  :blink:

Ask all the questions you want, if it's legit, someone will answer it and help you or even give you a funny look, but you most likely it will get some kind of response.

We are a good group of guys and girls in here that all do alot of fishing, some with more knowladge than others but all get along great, so join in and lets all get along.

If you want to know how the ice is somewhere, do what we have to do, GO CHECK IT!!!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: To all new Ma. members!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:55 PM »
I've always gotten good advice on questions. This is the best site to be on by far. :)
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Martlet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I joined last year, but don't post much.  Butchy took me out once and we had a blast, but didn't catch anything.   I have all my own gear this year and I'm looking to head out when I can.

My schedule is flexible, so if anyone is ever looking for a short notice fishing partner, just let me know.

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:36 PM »
I have noticed that there have been alot of new members in here in the last few weeks, asking lots of questions.

Not a problem, Ask away!

There are also some new members, stirring the pot on things that they know nothing about,
(like killing fish for a pin??) Don't even know how that one came about!  :blink:

Ask all the questions you want, if it's legit, someone will answer it and help you or even give you a funny look, but you most likely it will get some kind of response.

We are a good group of guys and girls in here that all do alot of fishing, some with more knowladge than others but all get along great, so join in and lets all get along.

If you want to know how the ice is somewhere, do what we have to do, GO CHECK IT!!!

Sorry bud, I knew I shouldn't have asked you how that cake came out last week  ;D

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:53 PM »

Not a problem, Ask away!

That hangover is worst then I thought :bow: :bow: :bow:Take it easy big guy :o :o.lol ya PK i know what your talking about the computer fisherman I can  tell ya the Ice in the No,Shore su$ks as far as killing fish for a pin I have never done it and I pretty much CR maybe first opening day take a few trout for our Opening Day Supper that's it.They all go back give someone else a chance to catch em,get a camera and enjoy them when your old and gray like me lol Hope to see ya soon big guy.                                      Art
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:06 PM »
I joined last year, but don't post much.  Butchy took me out once and we had a blast, but didn't catch anything.   I have all my own gear this year and I'm looking to head out when I can.

My schedule is flexible, so if anyone is ever looking for a short notice fishing partner, just let me know.
Hey Martlet...long time, we still have the same schedule so it's weekdays for us. Send a pm if ya wanna go, we got a couple of new spots we're gona try.    Hows your lab doing....I got another liked I told ya last year 10 months 90 lbs and crazy

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:56 PM »
 ???

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Martlet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Nice!

She's great.  I'm always ready to go, so just give me a heads up if you guys want company.

Offline nalegtx

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDCORE!!!...
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:42 PM »
there are plenty of guys that don't take measurements and keep the fish just to mount it for a stupid pin------that's selfish if you ask me....put it back and use modern technology and get a replica....they can even look better than what you caught
" Can't get there from here...no......"

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a fishahaulic!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:56 PM »
I can think of so many great battles(more so in the surf) that no pictures or any mount will ever capture what exactly happend. Yes a picture shows a nice fish but to me it's all about everything that led up to that moment. The tide, wind, moon , baro readings, choice of plug/bait, location. Looking at the topo charts and picking new realestate to hit. That moment of when your line pulls tight and your bail starts screaming. Not even a video can duplicate that rush that you get(usually starts the day before you go) wow am I rambling.... sorry!

Offline joeycollatta

• IceShanty Rookie
  • yeeha!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I've found everyone very helpful. i'm new to the site and love. PK has already answsered sevral of my questions
Tight lines!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:28 PM »
shoulda put this one in general! :laugh:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline The Dad Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2009, 08:29 AM »
They pay the same as you or I pay for a license and they aren't doing anything illegal. They can do whatever they want with the fish they catch just like you or I can do whatever we want to do with the fish we catch.

people fish primarily for one reason.....Personal enjoyment. What is Personal Enjoyment.....its different for every person that wets a line. To Some its just getting out there and enjoying the day, others its the thrill of the hunt and catching what you targeted when you headed out in the morning, for others its the pleasure of watching that Big Girl swim away after a fight well done, some get enjoyment out of handing off a few fillets to friends and family for them to enjoy....and to others its competition, working for and getting that pin, and the comraderie that comes with the Competition (i.e. Tournaments, Banquets).

Regardless of what form of enjoyment someone gets out of fishing as long as they are getting a License and playing by the rules......They can do whatever they want with their catch.....its not up to me to judge.

I'm off my Soapbox now.... ;D Tight Lines to everyone

there are plenty of guys that don't take measurements and keep the fish just to mount it for a stupid pin------that's selfish if you ask me....put it back and use modern technology and get a replica....they can even look better than what you caught
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience

Offline Keeper Reaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rapture of the Deep
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2009, 12:21 PM »

Not a problem, Ask away!

Pikeking, Everyone I have dealt with here has been the coolest. The greatest forum for ice anglers. I originally posted the pin thread thing to see what others thought about the mass pin program. Some cool responses and got to learn what other states do. Very interesting. Didn't mean to stir any pot, just make friends and learn. Never too old for that. Sorry if it offended you in some way. All friendly intentions. There is beer in my cooler for ya if I see you out there.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:11 PM »
I would never yell at you! I see the ones you let go!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:27 PM »
I would never yell at you! I see the ones you let go!
That's OK if you yell him PK, I do it all the time.
I do not think he feels included unless he gets yelled at at least a couple times a day. ;D :D

Offline rambofishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:44 PM »
I can think of so many great battles(more so in the surf) that no pictures or any mount will ever capture what exactly happend. Yes a picture shows a nice fish but to me it's all about everything that led up to that moment. The tide, wind, moon , baro readings, choice of plug/bait, location. Looking at the topo charts and picking new realestate to hit. That moment of when your line pulls tight and your bail starts screaming. Not even a video can duplicate that rush that you get(usually starts the day before you go) wow am I rambling.... sorry!
hi im chad and i too am a fishaholic its been 3 days since my last ice fishin trip and im having dts. cant wait til thursday good buddy
some men die for there country
some men die to be free
but a tip up flag with a large mouth bass will be the death of me

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Thread has been modified accordingly........I'll leave it at that.

Regards,

Mugz
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Sorry Mugz, got a little heated just protecting one of our own
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Thread has been modified accordingly........I'll leave it at that.

Regards,

Mugz

Thanks Mugz - I was waiting for you! ;D ;) :tipup:

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Sorry Mugs
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:16 AM »
They pay the same as you or I pay for a license and they aren't doing anything illegal. They can do whatever they want with the fish they catch just like you or I can do whatever we want to do with the fish we catch.

people fish primarily for one reason.....Personal enjoyment. What is Personal Enjoyment.....its different for every person that wets a line. To Some its just getting out there and enjoying the day, others its the thrill of the hunt and catching what you targeted when you headed out in the morning, for others its the pleasure of watching that Big Girl swim away after a fight well done, some get enjoyment out of handing off a few fillets to friends and family for them to enjoy....and to others its competition, working for and getting that pin, and the comraderie that comes with the Competition (i.e. Tournaments, Banquets).

Regardless of what form of enjoyment someone gets out of fishing as long as they are getting a License and playing by the rules......They can do whatever they want with their catch.....its not up to me to judge.

I'm off my Soapbox now.... ;D Tight Lines to everyone

RIGHT ON The Dad Fisherman!  :clap:

Good soap box to stand on! I am a throw back fisherman... Kinda... Catching any Trout/Salmon, I am a 'filet and release' fisherman as you can see in last years posts with the recipes included. I have been Ice fishing for over 40 years and my wife realized 28 years ago when we married, there are two things in my life that will never change. Fishing (Ice to Ocean and Ocean to Ice) is most definately one of them.  :thumbsup: (the second, collecting vintage Volkswagens)

Abide by the rules and you will be a fishing friend of mine for life! It's all those things that  "Dad" mentioned that get me so excited when veturing out for the greatest american passtime! Take a Kid Too!

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~Henry David Thoreau

Flaggs!

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2009, 01:05 PM »

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2009, 01:12 PM »
i missed the thread on pins? theres a conversation i'm really to go through about  :laugh:

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Mugz laid on the full nelson into a pile driver SWEET.good job and thank you.
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Damn......missed it  >:(  Ron saw your post on the bait saver do you use boyh or just the U2 now?

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2009, 05:16 PM »
d**n......missed it  >:(  Ron saw your post on the bait saver do you use boyh or just the U2 now?
BOTH......BIG FINGERS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Just the U2 but Ive only had it in there for a week seems ok.
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline Heff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Nice post Muggs!  This site has really been great.  It's good to know I'm not the only crazy ice fisherman.  And I have a love for old VW's, got a  '74 Beetle.  Gota love the VW's

Offline stafford

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:50 AM »
SPEAKING OF PINS, ANY BODY HOOK UP WITH ANY PIN SIZE WHITE PERCH? THE SPOT I HAVE FOR EM GETS BLASTED WITH WIND,SO I ONLY FISH IT A FEW TIMES A YEAR?
HOME FIELD, LAKE CHARGUGGAGOGGMANCHAUGG AGOGGCHAUBUNAGUNGAMAUG G

IM FINNISH ITS IN MY BLOOD!
current sponsers, SKOAL, UNDER ARMOUR AND JIFFY
36 TOUR.WINS AND CURRENTLY RANKED IN THE TOP 10 ON THE PRO CIRCUIT.
77,250 CAREER EARNINGS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.