The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: S.E. Michigan Confirmation 4 get-together Jan 10th  (Read 5915 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Re: S.E. Michigan Confirmation 4 get-together Jan 10th
« Reply #90 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:10 PM »
I would like a copy of the article however ;D

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Hi all!

Although I am not an ice fisherman, I have a question to pose to the group about your gathering this weekend.

I am a college student who goes to school out in Boston. I am home visiting the family for break in NW Ohio, and I write for multiple college publications, including a campus magazine that covers pretty much anything that is interesting and non-fiction.

I photograph and write for them, and they told me that, if possible, while I was home to do a photo story and write an article about something interesting that I encountered while I was home.

To go with the season, I thought that I might profile some ice fishermen. I was wondering if I could possibly come out to your meet-up this weekend to see what ice fishing is all about, maybe do an informal interview or two, take some pictures, etc.

If anyone feels uncomfortable contributing to the article, I would be totally respectful of that and only profile individuals interested in doing so. I would also bring along a dish as there seems to be a potluck forming.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this seemingly odd request?
asunran,
I am sure most of us would be delighted to have your company and attention on Tipsico. You are more than welcome to come along as is anyone!! Thank you for showing an interest in our sport and this event in particular. Sure look forward to meeting you!!

RL

Offline asundran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Alrighty then, sounds like I will try to make it out this weekend then.

I've been watching the weather channel and it seems that a major storm system is supposed to dump a lot of snow in the area on Friday night/Saturday morning. If the roads are bad, I may not be able to make it up. But if the roads are clear, count on me being there!

And I will be more than happy to scan the article in and put it online somewhere for everyone to view once it gets published.

From what I gather, this starts at 7AM, is that correct?

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #93 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:17 PM »
8am or so is when we start to fish or so. 9-10am would be a good time for you to show up. Unless your looking for sun up picks. We'll be there all day.

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #94 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Come on up well talk your ears off.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:43 PM »
That would be totally cool with me!!!  I would also want a copy of the article.

Offline asundran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Someone reccommended that I look into carpooling as an alternative way to get up there. Is there anyone heading out from the NW Ohio area that would be open to carpooling if the weather is bad? I will drive myself if the roads are ok, but if they are bad I might want to car pool. I would be willing to chip in gas money.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:27 AM »
Vex., you better think about having your pic in any paper, you might be paying child support sooner tham you thought! ;D
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline psufan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:29 AM »
Hey asundran

I am 95% sure i will be heading up 2morrow. I am from NW ohio (Northwood) where are you at? You could ride with me.
I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today. And then theyll paint it.  "Shannon Hoon"

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Just talked to fishhead he siad someone needs to bring hamburger buns. He told me he had 27 pattys and was still making more. Chips and conduments would be nice. It sounds like fishhead is putting the feedbag on. Im going to bring a garbage can and some liners so we can take all the trash
off the ice with us.        Thanx fishhead and quiter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:54 AM »
Just talked to fishhead he siad someone needs to bring hamburger buns. He told me he had 27 pattys and was still making more. Chips and conduments would be nice. It sounds like fishhead is putting the feedbag on. Im going to bring a garbage can and some liners so we can take all the trash
off the ice with us.        Thanx fishhead and quiter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
I have packed catchup and mustard already and will see if I have an onion or two to slice up!! Goose and venison is marinating as we speak!!

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:12 AM »
Alrighty then, sounds like I will try to make it out this weekend then.

I've been watching the weather channel and it seems that a major storm system is supposed to dump a lot of snow in the area on Friday night/Saturday morning. If the roads are bad, I may not be able to make it up. But if the roads are clear, count on me being there!

And I will be more than happy to scan the article in and put it online somewhere for everyone to view once it gets published.

From what I gather, this starts at 7AM, is that correct?
I will probably be the first on the ice. I get out of work around 5:30am and should be on the ice around 6am. I'm sure there will be a few there around the same time. All depends if you want the pics to start with just a few fisherman and then a lot or just a pic of all the shanties at the same time? Sounds like there's gonna be a town out there.
 As for the radios, that sounds good. Channel 5 I saw? Lets stick to that then. How about everytime someone lands a pike they announce it and tell the measurement.  If you see one and that fisherman doesn't have a radio you can announce it for them. I think that sounds like fun.

Offline psufan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:24 AM »
I have a set of two ways that i will bring and set for channel 5. I hope to be there by 630 or 700, but i have to watch this storm coming its a long drive is that stuff. I am trying to decide what time i should leave my place...
I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today. And then theyll paint it.  "Shannon Hoon"

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:36 AM »
 Everyone remember to bring cameras. Lets all start a thread and post our pics on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:35 PM »
splash i dont make it too far without my camera!!!!  I'll be bringing my two ways also, pry bring 3 of em.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:36 PM »
O yea, and fishhead im bringing those extra packs of venison burger.

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #106 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Hey, RL
I live on lower pettibone off of milford rd.

Offline FidelCasserole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Guess I am a little late to the dance, haven't been keeping up on here.   I am going to try to make it out for the outing.  Guess I better get to bed soon!   :o

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:23 AM »
I will bring some buns

Offline asundran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 10, 2009, 01:52 AM »
Hey All-

I've been following the weather religiously all night, hoping that the snow would let up some and that the roads would be clear by this morning for the drive up.

After weighing my options, I have decided that the drive up looks too snowy for me to make the trip this weekend. I want to thank everyone so much for your hospitality, and apologize greatly to everyone who I was looking forward to meeting this weekend.

However, though I cannot make it this weekend, I am still very interested in doing this article. If the weather looks better in the next few weekends, and anyone, even a much smaller group, would be willing to let me tag along on one of their trips to document it, I would still like to try running an article on this for my campus newspaper.

If you would be willing to let me tag along, please shoot me a PM, and we can maybe try to set something up on the coming weekends.

Sorry again for not being able to make it, weather conditions just aren't favorable enough for me to feel comfortable making the drive up. I still hope to be able to meet some of you in the coming weeks at some point. And for everyone who is making the trip out, drive safely and have lots of fun! I want to hear all about it and see pictures!

Thanks,
Asundran

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.