Author Topic: Qu'apelle Lakes2  (Read 35299 times)

Offline Novy12

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Qu'apelle Lakes2
« Reply #90 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:57 AM »
Hey guys,  I was out fishing on Saturday on echo and Katepwa.  The walleye were biting good out in front of the hatchery.  I ended up with two nice ones and lost about four.  I don't think everybody was having as good of luck as I was having though.  I was using white hawger spoons with perch eyes and only seemed to get bites in one hole.  Katepwa was pretty good for a while.  We managed to get about 10 nice perch for the frying pan.  lots of little ones were biting and the action was awesome until the sun went away and that blizzard came through.  Sounds like I was in the wrong spot though.  I was fishing at sandy point.  Sounds like Katepwas point was the place to be.  How deep of water were you guys fishing on Saturday?  As for the 4x4 debate,  the snow is getting pretty deep out on the lakes and I do not think you would make it too far off the beaten path.  Echo isn't too bad but if you are going to fish Katepwa you could be in trouble, Especially getting onto the lake.  I understand that you do not need 4x4 all of the time but it is nice to have forsure.  As for the comment about not knowing how to drive well that was kinda rude lol.  There isn't much to driving on the lakes, just take her easy and keep an eye out up ahead for drifts.  Well guys that's all for now, have a good one.  Oh ya does anyone else find that when the sun goes behind the clouds the perch do not bite as good or is that just me?

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Jan 12, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Went out to echo yesterday....Was at the Hatchery around 10 and didn't get anything. Moved to Katepwa around noon. Had a few bites and lost one walleye at the hole...rookie mistake. I will probably head back there next weekend.

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:26 PM »
We were fishing near the mouth of the river, but i think anywhere in that area will produce for the next 2 weeks. 

Offline WPT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Yeah Nova, I agree perch seem to like the bright sunshine-especially compared to walleye which makes sense.  The perch move in to feed when it is too bright for the walters.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #94 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:15 PM »
went out today to check how bad the lake is. ya need a 4x4... not  :P not quite yet, i was out in my old beater 2wd ford and i had no problems. i plowed my own trails everywhere i wanted to. just have some decent grips in the back and some wieght and some knowledge on how to drive and you will have no problems. just watch out by the shacks its starting to drift

Offline Novy12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:05 AM »
did you catch any fish big burk or do you just want to keep the fights going!!  Ha Ha Ha,  ;)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #96 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:01 PM »
i only was out for about 45 min and i managed 5 perch and a walleye.
the fights are just a plus  :P my biggest pet peve is ppl who cant drive lol

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
« Reply #97 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:16 PM »
you should start giving lessons on how to drive on the snow coverd lakes.....
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:20 PM »

slowly?

hillbilly's and their trucks  :D

Offline oldmanschild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:43 PM »
so im headin to regina tom. then hittin probably echo sat....where should i go?

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:56 PM »
hatchery, west end , basayta would be my 3 choices
if i had to pick one it would be at basayta

Offline fishin_crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Novy whats happening just seein whats up if you are headed to the lakes tomorow? Going to echo or katep? Just seein if the line is tight and the fish on the top side of the ice? Keep posted on how it was going to crooked this weekend family trip on sunday will post how the trip was.
  Keep a tight line fellas and keep the fish on the high side of the ice
 ;)
A Bad Day Of Fishing Is Still Better Than A Good Day Of Working!!

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:38 PM »
ill be out tommorow with my dad i think we are starting off at the west end of pasqua then if there is nothing exciting we will work our way to the rocks on pasqua then maybe the hatch then maybe the slabs on mission so too all good luck and tightlines will report back tomorrow

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #103 on: Jan 17, 2009, 01:28 PM »
nah got to have fun pulling some people out lol heading out to echo lake tomorrow gonna try for a few more walleyes

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Was out today you aren't going anywhere with out a 4x4.  We buried 3 trucks today the wing blew in the trail and had blaze our own mistake.  Fishing wasn't bad today not as good as last week but the walleye were bigger.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #105 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:34 PM »
was out today at the rocks on pasqua caught 3 small walleye

and this guy turned out to be 38 long and 18 girth   had a 20 lb plus tank swimming around wouldnt touch minnows smelts or a piece of my burger  lol had to try it

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:40 PM »
did u rls it? hope so

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #107 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Darn nice pike spoxick. :tipup: 8)
She must have been around the 15 lb mark eh?

WW

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:12 PM »
thank you ... and i forgot to mention it was put back to swim till the next lucky guy gets her ... have a video of her going back have to get it off the cell phone first ...

figured i would mention that as i got allot of greif when i kept my 44"

pulled her out went damm thats a nice pike ... if i wouldnt of caught my 44 i woulda prollie kept her ...but after i kept my 44 i could catch a 43" and would not hesitate to slid her back down the hole

and i didnt have a scale or a tape mesure so i grabed a spool of mono layed it across her cut it and wraped it around her cut it then i mesured it at home and the fish calculaters say she was 13.68 and i was guessing she was 14 ish so im thinking it sounds right

still say my 44 was heavery then 23with the belly she had on her

Offline thedeerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:33 PM »
hey spoxic.  how isit going? met you and saskman on echo a week ago saturday. was out to echo today, it was very slow. only caught 2 small perchand 1 small walley. was going to go over to pasqua but never made it. where is this place you call the rocks on that lake? we usually fish luther point area or at west end once in awhile. just wondering where your talking about when you say  at the rocks. ;D

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:30 PM »
the rocks are where they built up the side of the road and some people walk down the lake ... there is a gap between the cottages and if you drive along the road you will see it open right up and you are fairley high above the lake ... does that kinda make sense ...? its on the north east side of the lake.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #111 on: Jan 20, 2009, 02:06 AM »
the rocks are  a really good spot for big walleye and pike during the summer but havent tried it this winter yet. might have to go there wednesday.

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:40 AM »
the rocks are where they built up the side of the road and some people walk down the lake ... there is a gap between the cottages and if you drive along the road you will see it open right up and you are fairley high above the lake ... does that kinda make sense ...? its on the north east side of the lake.

Is this where that steep boat launch is? About 5k down the lake

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #113 on: Jan 20, 2009, 01:01 PM »
no the steep boat l;aunch is where you go for the westend the narrows ... the rocks i am talking about are at the begging of the lake kinda jusat past the weird 3 way aproch merge thing on the hill if that makes sense

Offline mr3unny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:17 AM »
was out on echo the other day , bit slow at first. but in the end i caught a 40 inch 20 lbs pike  my first jumbo pike ever <3 cant wait to mount it

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:19 AM »
kept it?

Offline fishjn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Jan 22, 2009, 02:53 PM »
just got back from pasqua:10 small perch and lost 1 walleye in 4 hrs little slow.

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:25 PM »
How is fishing on pasqua down by the west end narrows. I've caught walleye out there in the summer. Just wondering how it is in the winter. Would a guy be able to park by that steep boat launch and walk out?

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #118 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:39 PM »
was out on echo the other day , bit slow at first. but in the end i caught a 40 inch 20 lbs pike  my first jumbo pike ever <3 cant wait to mount it

Are you getting a replica made?  Those big pike take years to grow and are the breeding stock that we need to keep in the lake so that our fishery can flourish.
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline heiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Anyone been catching any good size perch out on the quapelle lakes?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.