The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: St. Joe County  (Read 6082 times)

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: St. Joe County
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2009, 12:04 PM »
I have buddies that been fishing Klinger all year for walleyes and its not been a good year and parking is tough for the good areas to fish.Nice mess of gills those mus have came out of Klinger with the size they have.

Offline fishfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
  • @#*% work lets fish!!!!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2009, 04:16 PM »
 anyone been on the ice today??? Would like to get out tommorrow evening but not sure if I will. Dont really want to get wet. I'll probably go check it out though. Just heard the news its supposed to rain tonight and be really warm tommorrow. Im not ready for the ice to go yet!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2009, 06:57 PM »
This weekend if someone wants to go and has a place to park on Klinger I;d like to go.

Offline fishfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 12, 2009, 03:44 PM »
 Anyone checked or been on the ice anywhere in St. Joe or neighboring counties???? Im going to go check Klinger Ill post what I find out would appreciate any other lake conditions.

Offline its an addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 13, 2009, 11:49 AM »
NO, I haven't check any.  Drove by a couple small lakes two days ago and they looked awful.  Be careful checking out the ice.  Hopefully the ice will make a comeback soon.  Let me know what you find...

Offline fishfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:18 PM »
I saw guys on Corey, and Pleasant. I fished Clear and long in Cass but only caught dinks in both lakes yesterday. Just got a call that said two guys were on Klinger today, I'm going to go check it out tommorrow. Also heard guys are on Prairie catching nice gills and a freind of mine caught a 36 inch pike on Prairie this weekend.Guess I missed all the action.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline its an addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Oh nice.  Looks like it's going to really cool down about wednesday on this week.  Let me know what condition the ice is on whatever lakes you go to.  I'd like to get out this weekend.  Thanks...

Offline fishfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Got on Klinger today didnt do very well though.Caught a bunch of dinks and a couple decent gills.Had a nice pike on a crappie minnow but he broke me off at the hole :o :o.The ice was a little iffy by shore but only a couple feet.The rest still had about eight inches of good hard ice.Going to give it another shot thursday afternoon.

Offline its an addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:13 AM »
Really?  It's got good hard ice.  Not white soft water logged ice?  I sure hope it gets cold like its suppose to. Just looked at forcast.  It is...

Thursday - High 20 Low 14
Friday - High 26 Low 18
Saturday - High 24 Low 12
Sunday - High 25 Low 10

So...hopefully it'll firm the ice back up.  Hear any reports of walleyes being caught on Klinger...?

Offline fishfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:05 AM »
Fished Klinger last night for a little while only caught three nice specs and two nice gills. Ice was only a few inches thick in shallow water but about eight inches out farther and it is good hard ice. I saw a guy catch about a 22 to 24 inch walleye a few weeks back out there.He said they have been catching some but u really have to work for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.