Author Topic: Starting them young at Basin Harbor  (Read 4287 times)

vtsmeltking

Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« on: Jan 28, 2004, 07:57 PM »

fishguts.

Re:Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2004, 09:29 PM »
that smile says it all... great pic.

theeotherwhitemeat

Re:Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Very cute!!! Have a little 3 yr. old myself.  She keeps telling me she`s going fishing with daddy!

kodiak73

Re: Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2004, 07:55 AM »
my  daughter is 19 months old and she has to see the fish and then sits on a stool while i filet....cant wait to take her mom says she is to young yet ....kodiak73

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2004, 08:05 AM »
nehusker13 and I were fishing on a like near Brookings, SD. It was colder than a Well Diggers @#$ and I thought I heard a baby crying. I climbed out of my shanty and listened. Sure enough I was right. Over about 75 yards was a small clam style shanty complete with a newborn baby. I personally don't think that 18 months would be a problem if you were more concerned about entertaining them than fishing, but there is a limit. This situation wasn't only bad judgment, it was dangerous. The temp ended up being 15 below with a 15m/h wind. Thats too cold for a baby.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2004, 11:23 PM »
[ ;D ;D ;D My daughter is now nine turning ten but I will always remember when she was three and caught a trophy walleye. She was casting into a marsh off lake manitoba when I though she snagged the bottom but to my disbelief a trophy walleye surfaced. Yes I helped her bring it in however she was the one that hooked the fish.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.