The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 7th  (Read 13688 times)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Re: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 7th
« Reply #90 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Well guys I wish you luck next weekend! We had 30 tips up today at Bartons and got 2 small fish from 6:30-3:00. Slush, slush, slush and more "deep" slush! I hope you guys have a great time with lots of fish, won't be back there for a while!

Sucks when The River kicks your a$$ doesn't it ? 

There really aren't any fish in that River.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline fisherman58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:36 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

im not even bringing any bait!!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #92 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:31 AM »
im not even bringing any bait!!

You don't need to bring bait, just look around on the ice and throw a hook through it and toss it down the hole.  You never know what you are going to catch !

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #93 on: Feb 02, 2009, 03:12 PM »
WOW....you caught one of those very rare electric pink pike!!!

;D

FTD

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:42 PM »
yup...I had just changed the  batteries in my artic armour suit.....which is normally red...K

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #95 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:17 PM »
yup...I had just changed the  batteries in my artic armour suit.....which is normally red...K

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HAVE 3D GLASSES ON?
, , ,

Offline Bambam

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jigging so easy a caveman can do it
« Reply #96 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Bam Bam is in see ya out there!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #97 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Capt. is there a list of guys that are going this year or are we going by last years list? I will bring Homefries and sausage. I'm sure Scott will bring something too. See you guys on Saturday. Do you know how much snow is on the ice?
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Nice-ice!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:54 PM »
PikeKing;
       Fished it this past weekend. There was a crust about 2 inches that won't hold weight, and in places it seemed like a foot of water under it down to the hard stuff. No real snow cover. Hopefully cold nights will tighten it up a bit. We found a good hard spot to set up camp but off that we were all standing in water!!

Offline Nice-ice!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Yes I left there with a beating and a small limp! I have always had my best days and worst days on this damn river!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #100 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Well, the weather gods are smiling so far and it is looking to be a fair weather day with mild temps. (42*) with mostly sunny and a mild wind.  Slush is going to be a factor no matter where you are in Ma on Sat.  Hopefully one member is going to bring the plow on his ATV and we can plow out a base camp.  He is having problems fitting it on his truck right now but he is working on it.  I may also bring my snow blower over or, last resort, we can shovel out an area.  I would recommend bringing a shovel.

Keep you all posted, and I will make a trip over there in the next day or two to get a first hand report.

Offline bisceglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:08 PM »
PikeKing;
       Fished it this past weekend. There was a crust about 2 inches that won't hold weight, and in places it seemed like a foot of water under it down to the hard stuff. No real snow cover. Hopefully cold nights will tighten it up a bit. We found a good hard spot to set up camp but off that we were all standing in water!!

that's everywere right now, yesterday i found a hole in the ice about 4 ft round, just barely saw it under the slush, and i was walking tords it
all fishermen are liars, except me and you... but i'm not so sure about you

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I've got a quick question about bait for this weekend.

Is there such a thing as bait that's too big for pike?  I jigged up some pumpkinseeds about 6 inches long or so today, and I was thinking I'd bring them.  Should I try to get some smaller ones, or would those work?  Ever tried perch?  Having never fished for pike, I'm guessing they might work but that's just based on comparing them to what I figure a slime dart that size would be interested in eating...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Got this healthy little fellow this year on a 6" perch.  And I had plenty of Goldies, I just wanted to put something different in front of them:

That's something you'd call little?  How do you expect me to sleep at all this week??!?!?!?!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #104 on: Feb 04, 2009, 02:10 PM »
BARTONS 2/04/09 ALL LOCKED UP (FOR NOW)

Offline GotABigOneYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mark D.
« Reply #105 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:16 PM »
I've got a quick question about bait for this weekend.

Is there such a thing as bait that's too big for pike?  I jigged up some pumpkinseeds about 6 inches long or so today, and I was thinking I'd bring them.  Should I try to get some smaller ones, or would those work?  Ever tried perch?  Having never fished for pike, I'm guessing they might work but that's just based on comparing them to what I figure a slime dart that size would be interested in eating...

I caught the 5th place winner 11lbs 2oz at the quabog derby with a 8" perch than JDipereo jigged up for me...Took a little tip from frozen shiner and cut the top fin off so it would not poke the pike, scaled it a little bit, and gutted it and left the guts out a little, not even an hour went by and the flag went up, thought it was the perch setting it off but, nope it was the biggest pike in my history....

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #106 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Capt. is that a pic from today? Or is it last month?
Do you know how much crap is on the ice? I went out the other day and there was a good amount of snow slush and water on the ice. I'm just wondering to see what boots to bring.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:05 PM »
I caught the 5th place winner 11lbs 2oz at the quabog derby with a 8" perch than JDipereo jigged up for me...Took a little tip from frozen shiner and cut the top fin off so it would not poke the pike, scaled it a little bit, and gutted it and left the guts out a little, not even an hour went by and the flag went up, thought it was the perch setting it off but, nope it was the biggest pike in my history....

Sweet.  I'll have to jig up some more, then!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #108 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:12 PM »
Capt. is that a pic from today? Or is it last month?
Do you know how much crap is on the ice? I went out the other day and there was a good amount of snow slush and water on the ice. I'm just wondering to see what boots to bring.

Hee, Hee.  I was about to call you an egg head but then realized I made a mistake with the posting.  Yes, that is from today.  Had to break trail out to the platform.   Solid as of now, but with the weather forecast, I would think sloppy all over the state for Sat.

J

Offline MoreTroutPls

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:02 PM »
Hey gang,

I just bought a Marcum LX-3 and it has some issues.  I have to turn the gain up to 7 or 8 to get a return on my Swedish Pimple from 10 ft down and at times, I get extraneous multiple signals between 2 and 6 feet down.  The transducer also seems to be dripping water out of the cable connection when the transducer is upside down.

My question is will anyone at Barton's Cove Saturday have a Marcum transducer that I could connect to my Marcum to see if a known good transducer has the same problem? 

And does any one know of a source for a new transducer?

Thanks,
MoreTroutPls
Everyone has to believe in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.
Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:11 PM »
return it......you shouldnt need that much gain on a pimple....they stand behind their products...K

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:20 PM »
BARTONS 2/04/09 ALL LOCKED UP (FOR NOW)

I thought it was sunday, I coach youth basketball on saturday wont be able to make it. maybe march again?..  (Is that the russians out there?)
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Pm'd the captn today....wont be ableto make it for my 4th BCove trip....have to stay close to home for work committment.....

K

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #113 on: Feb 05, 2009, 06:36 AM »
Good luck out there guys!

With Unoman not being able to make it, the monopoly on the pike is now wide open! Don't step over bait you may see on the ice!!!  ;D

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #114 on: Feb 05, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Pm'd the captn today....wont be ableto make it for my 4th BCove trip....have to stay close to home for work committment.....

K

Sorry ya can't make it Karl gonna miss that fish chowder.

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:56 PM »
What?? No CHOWDAH!!! Come on!

Hope all is well, see you soon Karl. I call dibbs on the frozen bait.

Offline bisceglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:10 PM »
hey i'm on the list twice!!! ;D

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #117 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:38 PM »
I pm the Capt. yesterday.  I will not be making the trip to Barton's this time.  Too much slush out there everywhere lately for this old man.  Just that kind of year.  Yes, I am a fair weather old guy.  Tight lines to all who venture out.  I'm staying close and if it is slushy I'm heading home.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  Have a great time. 
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #118 on: Feb 05, 2009, 08:18 PM »
I pm the Capt. yesterday.  I will not be making the trip to Barton's this time.  Too much slush out there everywhere lately for this old man.  Just that kind of year.  Yes, I am a fair weather old guy.  Tight lines to all who venture out.  I'm staying close and if it is slushy I'm heading home.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  Have a great time. 
Hey Stealth
I was out for a while  yesterday afternoon and the ice was solid. No slush.
These cold night are tightening things up
MA

Offline bisceglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:46 AM »
last minute change of plans....since the wheather will b above freezing, scratch the drumsticks. i got some boneless chicken meat i need to use up, "STIR-FRY!!!!!!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.