The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hattie Ice  (Read 26405 times)

Offline tysdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hattie Ice
« Reply #90 on: Dec 30, 2008, 06:02 AM »
I hope your kids are tough, comming off the ice last sat i wanted to lay down and die.

Offline wyoalum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Dec 30, 2008, 02:31 PM »
They do quite a bit of duck and goose hunting, but tough, you never know day to day....They want to catch some perch instead of rainbows for a change

Offline lesiek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • breezy today
« Reply #92 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Tumbleweed,

Wow, nice salmon.

Jealous.

The weather looks cooperative, wanna give er a go saturday?
Wow, he changed my hook into a needle.

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Dec 31, 2008, 12:03 AM »
Boy, I don't know CK. The derby is in town and I generally try and stay away from that. If you have your heart set on going to Hattie, we will, but it'll be a zoo. Glad to see they are finally letting the riff-raff on board, welcome.

...Hmph, I been settin' so long my old behinder is stiff..." Doig's Grandma

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Hey Guys!
I am going out news day! Also will be out there this weekend for the Derby hope to see a lot of u out there this weekend.

Offline lesiek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • breezy today
« Reply #95 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Boy, I don't know CK. The derby is in town and I generally try and stay away from that. If you have your heart set on going to Hattie, we will, but it'll be a zoo. Glad to see they are finally letting the riff-raff on board, welcome.

Fair enough.  We might try Saratoga again instead, not so windy.  Irony, you callin me riff raff.  You have worn out several sets of gym shoes showin me the ins and outs of clever riff raffery LOL.   ;)
Wow, he changed my hook into a needle.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 01, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Made my first trip to hattie today. Caught 4 rainbows from 18-21 inches, all healthy looking on the western half of the lake.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #97 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Beautiful fish 327

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 02, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Thanks, it was better than any day I had on hattie last year. Derby time in 12 hours!

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:42 AM »
Its fishing time. Just getting ready to leave cheyenne for hattie. Good luck to all. See ya out there.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline Perch Crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Jan 03, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Any reports on the first day of the derby?

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:32 AM »
Didn't see any perch, looks like most of the hourlys are rainbows in the low 20's 5-6 pound range. Saw a few kokanee caught also. Good luck.

Offline MaineWyofishslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:37 AM »
yesterday got one 19 inch kokanee that went 2.5 lbs, one small trout, and 10 perch. fishing was good up until about 1 the slacked off for us
Watch your top knot!

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:53 PM »
I fished today for a couple of hours this afternoon on the east side of the east lake.  Completely dead - probably should have gotten there in the morning.  Where might I ask did you find those perch?  I saw bunches of people on the southwest and northwest ends of east.  I heard there were tons of folks on the west pool but did not get over there to see.

S

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:37 PM »
 Here is the front page story from the Laramie Boomerang for all those interested in Saturday's derby results. They will post the rest of the results on friday. http://www.laramieboomerang.com/articles/2009/01/03/news/doc49603a4b76f49858278247.txt

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:08 PM »
http://www.laramieboomerang.com/articles/2009/01/03/news/doc49603a4b76f49858278247.txt

Thanks for information tumbleweed.  Very nice meeting you the other day - I like your rig - very comfy and inventive.  I didn't watch the getting-into-and-out-of-the-pickup part but you probably have a system for that.  I enjoyed the day and you were right about avoiding Hattie - I about got run over by big burly trucks with trailers getting the heck out of there.  Hope to see you and Mordax again on the ice.

s

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Jan 05, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Shoe it was also pleasure to meet you. Thanks for the compliment on the shanty. We will have to hook up one of these days and go chase perch on Hattie.
Tumbleweed

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #107 on: Jan 06, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Fished in the Derby both saturday and sunday.  There was about ten of us in our party,(and boy did we party).  All in all we landed around a dozen bows with all of them around 20 inches with my buddies the biggest at 23 1/4 inches and weighed in at 5.8 lbs.  He won an hour and was second for the day on saturday.  Don't know what the winner ending up being but probably a 6 to 7 lb. rainbow.  Great trip just hope hattie can continue to withstand low water and people harvesting fish.  I would like to see the derby have a little better communication.  Fish and Game at the check station should have radios and fisherman should be notified of what channel they are on.  That way if you catch a nice 20 something inch rainbow you can radio in and see if someone has you beat that hour.  This would allow for these fish to be returned to the water. 

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #108 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:27 AM »
yo baiter, did anyone catch any lakers?

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #109 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:32 AM »
BD,
I don't believe anyone caught a laker, and would have to say that lakers are gone from lake Hattie.  THe lake is down so much it is two seperate lakes seperated by over 300-400 yards or more.  The deepest water we could find was 16 ft. and we used to find 60 ft. of water.  The last few years all I have ever caught were rainbows and perch and this year in our party of ten people we only brought one perch in.  I feel lake hattie will soon be free of fish and water.  This is sad as the lake was a good producer of nice fish. 

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #110 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Great trip just hope hattie can continue to withstand low water and people harvesting fish.  I would like to see the derby have a little better communication.  Fish and Game at the check station should have radios and fisherman should be notified of what channel they are on.  That way if you catch a nice 20 something inch rainbow you can radio in and see if someone has you beat that hour.  This would allow for these fish to be returned to the water. 

Baiter

STRONGLY AGREE!  During these derby's a lot fish are unnecessarily killed & if they don't have a chance at an hourly, I would bet MOST would return the fish!

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:58 PM »
I was talking to a co-worker of mine who lives out at Hattie, and this summer, he caught a laker out of his boat, so there's gotta be a few anyway. I agree with the radio idea, especially when your fishing 20 minutes away from the weigh in station and the roads suck.

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #112 on: Jan 07, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Everybody that has a radio & is either an IS member or have told their buddies is already on channel 7 out their, so how hard can it be to give the hourly updates?? ???

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:38 AM »
Hey has any one gone out to Hattie this week to fish? Just wondering how the fishing is out there. I have herd that after a Derby the fishing is not that great until the spring. :(

Offline tysdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:10 PM »
I have always thought the perch fishing got better.

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Here is a link to the hattie derby winners via the Laramie Boomerang.http://www.laramieboomerang.com/articles/2009/01/08/features/outdoors/doc4966e5aa4ddad945889289.txt
There is some interesting trends here. There were alot of nice fish taken. It would be interesting to know how many four pound fish or better were taken to produce the fish of the hour. As baiter says there has to be a better way than killing off such a large amount of fish when many would turn them back. It is also interesting that the catch rate of bows in the afternoon hours seem to drop off but the kokes are on the bite.
We fished hattie today with limited success. We caught a few perch and saw some trout, but did not catch any.

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:35 PM »
I spent three hours on the ice this morning. I saw one salmon right after setting up and didn't mark another fish. Both the east lake and the west lake are opening up. I sat up on the east end on the north side. The water was stained and moving under the ice. Anybody else been out?

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Jan 21, 2009, 04:30 AM »
Was out at Hattie for three hours on Monday the 19Th and did not see one fish why I was out there. I was fishing the east side of the lake and just saw weeds down my hole that was it for three hours.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Went out today from 9-230 and between the three of us i got the only two perch that where keepers fished the dam area and also the south end of the main lake.
Has anyone found the perch yet???

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:11 AM »
Has any one been out to Hattie in the past few days? Just wondering how the fishing is and how thick the ice is out there. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.