Author Topic: Northern IL fishing  (Read 9866 times)

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Northern IL fishing
« Reply #60 on: Jan 03, 2009, 03:14 PM »
When the time comes I think my wife is going to try to take advantage of the situation.  I can just see her with more demands and requests and using the discomfort as an excuse.  That is probably why women gain 20 or 30 lbs when all they have is a 9 lb. baby, the extra weight is from not being active making the guys do everything.

After I woke up I wasn't going to go, but she told me to go because she didn't want to hear me all day wondering if the fish were biting. 

Will probably try to get out again in the morning.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 03, 2009, 07:55 PM »
That is probably why women gain 20 or 30 lbs when all they have is a 9 lb. baby, the extra weight is from not being active making the guys do everything.

I'm sure that comment goes over well with the women   :laugh:

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:14 AM »
When the time comes I think my wife is going to try to take advantage of the situation.  I can just see her with more demands and requests and using the discomfort as an excuse.  That is probably why women gain 20 or 30 lbs when all they have is a 9 lb. baby, the extra weight is from not being active making the guys do everything.

After I woke up I wasn't going to go, but she told me to go because she didn't want to hear me all day wondering if the fish were biting. 

Will probably try to get out again in the morning.
Nice to see I'm not the only one with the same thoughts!  I doubt if I would feel like it today anyway.  Went to see Naked Raygun last night, then went to the afterparty w/ the band.  One of the chicks from LA Ink was there.  So were a ton of beers that manage to find a way into my bloodstream.  Hurting, hurting, hurting.  I'm not going to be getting much done today!  Let me know how you did!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 04, 2009, 02:14 PM »
You didn't miss much.  Only caught 10 fish in a couple hours, 5 were really nice, the others were barely keepers, I didn't drill any holes just hopped all over the place from open holes people made yesterday.    Again a lot of lookers but the wind was brutal.  It seemed to be coming from all directions so my eyes were teared up half the time making it hard to see the Vex.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Caught quite a few dinks tonight just could not get any keepers.  The wind was brutal though.  I guess maybe later this week to try again somewhere.
<br />

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 05, 2009, 04:52 PM »
You didn't miss much.  Only caught 10 fish in a couple hours, 5 were really nice, the others were barely keepers, I didn't drill any holes just hopped all over the place from open holes people made yesterday.    Again a lot of lookers but the wind was brutal.  It seemed to be coming from all directions so my eyes were teared up half the time making it hard to see the Vex.
That's rough!  Sniffing seems to be going around everywhere.  Man, I screwed up.  The one gil I enter in the contest from this past weekend, & I forgot to get a pic of me holding it w/ ice showing!  Oh well, I see some 10" on the board now anyway!  I bet some of the ones I got still weigh more that the leaders now! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.