The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cass County???  (Read 15203 times)

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cass County???
« Reply #90 on: Jan 02, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Thanks Limit, I was back out on Driskel this morning too. Still have yet to catch a single fish out of there. LOTS of lookers, a few bites that never seem to hook up. I'll go back, but I'll give it a while... Going to Dayton in the morning with my Dad.....

Offline limitingout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 02, 2009, 07:22 PM »
I thought about going to dayton to but going to try magician to try it in the a.m.

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 02, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Fished Magician in Sister Lakes today.... Managed a nice bass and a handful of tiny gills... I only fished for about 1.5 hrs or so but it looked promising. I will try again early tomorrow morning water is very clear and I can see bottom in 15' ice is clear and there is almost no snow on the lake very slippery but cool.. You can see the fish through the ice when you reel them up...
Help me find an excuse to tell my boss so I can go fishing.

Offline Dan 001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Jan 02, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Hey Fellas, have fun on Dayton.  There were about a dozen vehicles in the parking lot tonight.  The one good thing about that lake is your always catching fish ;D who's to say what size.  Did see a real nice pike pulled through couple days ago.

Offline shibes24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 02, 2009, 09:39 PM »
While on Dayton this morning, I thought I heard someone say something about crappies.  I would love to hear if anyone got any there.  I love catchin some of them slabs!!

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:11 PM »
  Hey Dan, I'm not sure what to expect out of Dayton. I'm kinda going there cause it's close to my Dad's and we don't get out much. He wants to catch fish, doesn't matter what size, just lots of them. I fish for muskies all year so I'm used to being skunked!! ;D It'll be fun to try anyway, haven't been there in years & never on the ice. I'll see if I can round up some crappies for ya Shibes...

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Magician this morning with a buddy.... Lotsa dinks then a few nice ones....2 flags one pike not a keeper..Saw 3 big pike 1 caught 2 through the hole that shut down the gill fishing as the Pike everywhere

Side note has anybody been to Paradise...Used to have really good Pike fishing any comments appreciated

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:07 PM »
  Went to Dayton lake this morning. Lost 4 crappies at the hole right away. Lots of bites, lots of dinks. We ended up with 25 keeper gills and 2 crappies between the two of us. I did catch 3 nice bluegills on crappie minnows, which was a first for me. Couldn't get a crappie to eat one though.  The crappies average 8-10 inches from what little sample we had.
  Hey RifRaf, I drove by Donnel and Paradise yesterday and there hasn't been a soul out there as far as I could see. Those two are usually the last to have safe ice...

Offline shibes24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:23 PM »
where did the crappies come from and at what depths.  I may make it out there tonight. 

Offline Dan 001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Jan 03, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Hey Shibes and Ronski, I was told crappies before daylight and after dark to the right of the island about 20 to 30 feet from shore.  Where abouts were you fishing Ronski?

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:22 PM »
  Dan, I was out at the mouth of the "channel", where it starts to open up to the bigger part of the lake. They will bite during the day, just not very well. Wish the water was clear enough to use the camera, they were just pulling on the end of the spikes today. I can catch those fish if I can see them but that water is awfully murky....

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Jan 03, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Magician Lake Crappie right after dark 15 FOW.

Threw back any under 10' limited out... Kept as many as I threw back now it is time to clean..

Caught a big catfish on a Jiggin Rap

Ronski thanks for the info it is a long drive just to check out

Offline shibes24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Went to Dayton this morning.  Got there about an hour or so before day break.  I caught 3 decent crappies right at day break.  There were more there but didn't get any more.  I couldn't get them to hit minnows at all, only wigglers.

As sun as it was full day light the crappies went away and the bluegill starting biting in the same spot.  Of course as seems to be usual on Dayton most were small.  I ended up brining home about a dozen.  None huge but all will taste very good tonight for dinner.
Caught everything on wiggers and small jigs.

Gotta go back to work tomorrow so I'll probably out of fishing until next weekend. 

shibes24

Offline Zeusus1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Hey Shibes,
How much ice was on Dayton today? My son wants to go fishing.
Can any body tell me how much ice on Magician or Lake of the Woods?

Offline chevy343

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Magician Lake Crappie right after dark 15 FOW.

Threw back any under 10' limited out... Kept as many as I threw back now it is time to clean..

Caught a big catfish on a Jiggin Rap

Ronski thanks for the info it is a long drive just to check out

Is there any other access to Magician Lake other then the boat launch?

Offline shibes24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:45 PM »
Zeus:

I would say there was 3 maybe 4 solid inches on Dayton this morning.  In most places it was good clear ice.  I covered quite a bit of ground and felt safe and there were many people who went much farther than I did.  I left about 11:00 AM and standing water was beginning to collect on the top of the ice.  It didn't get all that warm today so I imagine it is still very solid. 

Good luck, hope this helps.

shibes24

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Yes there are several other but the only other legit one is off of Magician Lake Rd. The others are fire lanes & association parks.

Offline chevy343

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 06, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Yes there are several other but the only other legit one is off of Magician Lake Rd. The others are fire lanes & association parks.

How is the fishing holding up on Magician Lake?

Offline limitingout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Kinda slow

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Caught some nice crappie Sunday night. Everone I talk to says it is slow until dark then WAMMO!!!! 1-2hrs. of crappie then it is all over again. I have plenty of crappie now so I just running tip-ups no keepers yet

Offline FerrisFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:55 AM »
Has anyone been out on Bogart, or any of those other small lakes right around there?

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #111 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:27 PM »
How about Diamond, Stone, Hemlock or Corey? Anyone on those lakes yet?

Offline FerrisFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:12 PM »
How about Diamond, Stone, Hemlock or Corey? Anyone on those lakes yet?

I stopped by Harwood, which is right across from Corey, and there was a good six inches of clear ice. You could see all the way to the bottom for the first hundred yards or so. There were also some guys on Corey, but I haven't heard how the fishing is going.

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:57 PM »
 Pilot, I still haven't seen anyone on Diamond yet. With the little bit of snow today, there was a big wet spot out by the island so I'm guessing it's not good yet. I did hear there have been people out on Stone, and they've been on Corey for 2 weeks now, from what I was told by co workers that drive by there...

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #114 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:44 AM »
Awesome. I did find out that the derby is on for Stone lake this year it's on Saturday 1/24/09. I'm not sure of the time but I got some of the details from the Trading Post 269-663-8802. I think it would be good if the ice shanty boys made a good showing of it this year then possibly had a booth there next year.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #115 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I was thinking of going do you want to meet up?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Jan 08, 2009, 02:24 PM »
  I could be up for that as well. Historically don't get into the derbies very often, but thinking about this one just to meet up with all of you....

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #117 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:11 PM »
I was thinking of going do you want to meet up?

Sure. Arnie's going to be there too.

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #118 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:15 PM »
  I could be up for that as well. Historically don't get into the derbies very often, but thinking about this one just to meet up with all of you....

Since you and I live so close, I think it would be great to meet you.

Offline rifraf0567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Who knows what time the Stone Lake tourney is?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.