Author Topic: 5th Annual Walk On Water Ice Benefit  (Read 5831 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
5th Annual Walk On Water Ice Benefit
« on: Nov 21, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Date: January 31,2009
Start Time: 7am
Place: Bangs Lake, Wauconda, Illinois
Entry: 15 dollar donation to the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund
End Time: 12 noon
Raffle drawings:12:30 At Wauconda Boat

Kids 12 and under always FREE
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Re: 5th Annual Walk On Water Ice Benefit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I found this to very interesting to say the least,given my involvement in a Manitoba based icefishing CancerCare fundraiser.How much have the organisors managed to fundraise in total over the previous 4 events?Our 5TH Marathon is to be held in Feb.2009 and after all is said and done i personally hope to be able to proudly say we have raised in excess of $100,000.00 over 5 events towards the battle against this Killer disease. Continued sucess in your endeavors to fight the battle for a cure.

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Big Brother,
Thanks for the encouragement, I  head this up and over the years it has grown to be a great event. What started as 32 people the first year, I think we hit 40 the second, we had issues with safe ice and held it at an open water spot, Third year (78)was another weather challange with -30 wind chills, Last year(165+) was the best by far with good ice and fair weather. We are looking to have a blast this year, with hopes again of safe ice and good weather ;), If you have any links to your event please send them over, it would be great to read what others are doing  :thumbsup:

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2008, 09:50 PM »
The 5th one, how time fly's. If I'm not mistaken this will be my 5th Walk on Water.
A SUPER cause orginized by SUPER people.

All local and not so local SHOULD attend this outing. Brent and the gang know how to run and ice fishing derby. Most importantly is the $$$'s raise for Cancer reseach,education,advocacy and services.

Thanks Brent for doing what you do.

Fran 8)
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2008, 05:04 PM »
This will be the first time I have been able to participate in the WOW.  The last two times my werk schedule conflicted with it.  Also it will be my first time fishing Bangs Lake so if someone wants to throw me a bone and divulge some tips and tidbits for it I would be greatful.

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2008, 07:09 PM »
 I plan on being there again its always a great time with great people Hope to see a bigger turnout than last year. See Ya there.

Offline iceman79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2008, 09:40 AM »
i will be there this year also.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Only my 3rd one. But I'll be there.

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Ed, Maybe you can offer some pointers on locations.  Never fished Bangs before.

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:10 PM »

I got you taken care of ;)

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2008, 04:10 PM »

I dunno if you wanna ask me. Our group has had poor history at Bangs. Best fish through the hole for me is a 3" perch ::) Did get a flag last year but no one was home when I set the hook.

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2008, 01:53 PM »
This will be #4 for the wsj clan.  Missed the soft water one, but can attest to a very well run program and fun and laughs were all around.

And yes the wsj clan will be there again this years, with a few more in tow.
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:45 PM »
wsj,

Guess I'll finally get to meet you this time.  Wonder if Mr. "I hate the cold" will be there.

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:12 PM »
wsj,

Guess I'll finally get to meet you this time.  Wonder if Mr. "I hate the cold" will be there.

He will be there, cause the beer will flow afterwords.  Gota have an old man to tell the great tales ya know.
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline pjwatson05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2008, 01:32 PM »
This will be my 1st time to this event, I am really looking forward to it.

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2008, 07:41 PM »
this year there will be NO parking at Wauconda Boat or Docks, We have moved the event to Lindy's where they have allowed Parking for the event as well as opening there doors early for refreshments (bar opens at 6) we will then return to Lindy's for prizes and refreshments. I have been unable aquire as many prizes as in past years (economy) but I'm working hard to do what I can. With the event being at Lindy's we will keep more people and gain vaulable parking, also if the event ends up like a couple of past events -30 windchill  folks that want to head in early will not be missing anything.

The rules/ prizes for this years derby are not set in stone a couple of ideas we are going to do is :
Food drive for the local pantry ( our way of saying thanks to Wauconda)
Pick of the Litter Raffle
Pick of the Litter Raffle:
We are running an additional raffle this year called "Pick of the litter" How this works is that you have two ways to get tickets for the special raffle. Winner must be present at Lindy's Landing at the end of the derby. The winning ticket will have the chance to take ANY prize (either over all or off a list, depending on what we get)

1) 5 can food or non perishable food items and recieve one ticket (limit 1 ticket) for the "Pick of the Litter Raffle"
2) 1 for 5.00/ 6 for 20.00/ 30 for 100.00

We will have our regular raffle 1 for 1.00/ 6 for 5.00

Offline JFergus7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I will be in attendance again this year.  However, Brent has requested that I helpout instead of fishing again.  We will once again have the Ice Team quad on the ice to assist those that have trouble getting gear out on the ice and I am working to have a second quad with us also. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Well, I think I figured out where the park is for parking with a trailer.  Now I was wondering if afterwards, while attending the social gathering, where is the best place to park and do I need to use chains and locks to keep my Fish Trap Guide and ATV on the trailer so I'll have them when I go home?

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2008, 09:26 PM »
 If you go on www.icebenefit.com there is a flyer that can be printed. We would appreciate it if you would copy it and Please post it at your local bait shop or take it to your  fishing club meeting to help get the word out. Thank You in advance for your Help and support and we look forward to seeing everyone at the event.
                                                                                Pat Harrison
                                                                           WOW Staff member  :tipup: :laugh:

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Brent emailed me the flyers and I printed like 20 of them and post them on the bulletin board at stores when I go in.

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2008, 10:31 PM »
 Thanks , I'll see you at the event I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2009, 06:39 PM »
WOW is only 30 days away if you haven't registered yet please try to do it so we can start to put a head count together. It should be another Great time to fish see some old friends and make some new ones. You can register online at www.icebenefit.com Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone out there.
                                                                                                                               Pat Harrison
                                                                                                                               WOW staff

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:21 AM »
 ;D One week left till Walk On Water Hope to see and meet some of you guys there. Thanks Pat

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:52 AM »
Couple days till WOW. Lets do this everyone!!! Don't forget WOW upside down spells MOM so Do it for MOM too. Your Mom will be proud of you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its too early for me to be this witty. I better ce careful or else i may hurt myself.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2009, 05:31 AM »
Heading out. If you see an Otter Wilderness Perch shanty out there stop by and say Hey.

Offline flounderhead59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Had a great time out there and though I didn't catch anything worth turning in for biggest fish, I was just 30' away from the guy that caught this beast.

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Nice fish!  I guess you couldn't have asked for a nicer day to be out.  I had to attend a funeral so I missed the entire event.  Heaven knows I'd rather have been fishing.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Was a great event!!! Brent our hats are off to you on running a great event.

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:12 PM »
 Well WOW2009 is in the books but the staff wants to Thank everyone that came out to make this such a Great event. We anticipated 200 to 225 entries,we ended up registering 365 and that not counting whole families that came out. We estimate we had over 500 People on the Ice.
 We also want to Thank all our volunteer's sponsors and everyone that helped out with out Caring People like you this event would not be what it has been or is becoming. We're already working on plans to make WOW2010 better than ever. We hope to see everyone again next year and again we Thank you,and so do the People that your generosity will help.

Walk On Water Staff

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:29 AM »
 WOW will be on Illinois Outdoors TV show Saturday Feb.28th. Don Dz from Illinois outdoors came out and did a 1/2 show on the event. It shows the good time that was had by everyone that attended. There were a lot of nice fish caught.The turnout was larger that we anticipated we had Great weather and a lot of money was raised for the cause. Hope to see everyone out again next year. Thanks to everyone that attended and Helped out.
                                                                                                      WOW Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.