Author Topic: Warning : Hunter's View Hut @ Gander Mountain  (Read 1267 times)

Offline ksobilo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Warning : Hunter's View Hut @ Gander Mountain
« on: Jan 25, 2004, 02:43 PM »
This is a warning to those of you who are looking to buy an ice hut.

I purchase a "Hunter's View" ice hut from Gander Mountain a couple weeks ago... This isn't a very expensive hut, only about $150, but it isn't even worth that.

The most critical problem I had was that the first time I had it out on a breezy day, the windows cracked and broke open.

I did notice several other things about this model that I didn't like:

1) When unfolding this model, you have to bend a metal bracket to it to lock into place. (This is exactly what the salesperson said needs to be done). Each time to take it up and down, you need to bend this metal piece back and forth. I can't imagine that it will last very long.

2) The plastic sled floor is very thin. The sales person warns that if you want it to last, you should not drag it as a sled.

3) When you fold this model down, it can be hard to get it to fold down very flat.

4) The velcro straps used to attach parts of the shell to the frame are very short and somewhat difficult to manipulate... If they made them another inch or so longer you could do this much more easily.

In my opinion, this is overall a very cheaply made hut. I guess you get what you pay for.

Offline Huckemeril

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Warning : Hunter's View Hut @ Gander Mountain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Sorry to her about that,but not all the time "you get what you paid for"Last yr I bought a portable HT Polar ice hut and I love it.All you have to do it Lock four poles in place and it is up,then all you have to do it stake it down with the stakes it comes with.The first couple of times I used it it was a liitle hard to put it up and take it down just because it was someting different but know I can put it up and take it down with no problem.it folds up and goes in a bag with a strap so you can carry it on your back if you wanted to.I love everything about it except that it can be a pain sometimes to get it back in the bag,Because it is in a bag you can basically put it in anything unlike a hut that is also a sled that you wouldn't be able to fit in a car.I pd approx $100.00 for it.This is just my opinon,Hope it helps ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.