Author Topic: Bad Spikes?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bad Spikes?
« on: Jan 24, 2004, 11:44 PM »
I bought some spikes and rather quickly after buying them (a few were like this when i bought them) they started developing a hard shell around them like they are metamorphasizing? is this whats happening and are they no good to me once they do that as i have not been able to catch anything on them like that when i am on 'normal' spikes........

Thanks..........

Melbs              :'(

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Bad Spikes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2004, 12:30 AM »
bad news   they are dead  & no good  & thanks for posting that  i got to look @ all my bottles as I am going ice fishing today  some live about a week  & you got to get them out on a paper plate  7 look to see if they got any life  to them
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Bluegill_Bob

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2004, 01:22 AM »
Spikes must be kept cool and dry. When not fishing keep then the refrigerator in DRY fine pine sawdust.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Spikes must be kept cool and dry. When not fishing keep then the refrigerator in DRY fine pine sawdust.

Yup..... thats exactly where they were. dangit. i gotta drive 45 mins to get some spikes........ grrrrrrrrrrr

Melbs               :'(

Bluegill_Bob

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2004, 12:48 PM »
so the Better-half  don't know they are in the fridge just write  "RICE" on the top of the container. ;D

evad

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2004, 10:41 PM »
seems to me that they keep better damp and cold but not froze

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2004, 05:24 AM »
so the Better-half  don't know they are in the fridge just write  "RICE" on the top of the container. ;D

just watchout on leftover day

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2004, 06:01 AM »
Drive for spikes? Mine come from Ohio in the mail. Bait shops around here get bait from bad supplier to south.
None of their stuff is good. Keep them cold and sealed pretty tight no air holes they last the season. I only use about three an outing . This year everything biting bare hooks better too.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2004, 12:28 PM »
blufloyd, how is the ice on Bloomington?  Do you ever get to Dawson Lake?

Pop

Offline mrlongbeard1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flags up and rods bent...
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:13 PM »
  That rice bussiness would be a great idea till she tells you your eating the left over rice  from the fridga..   LOL                

When the ice is on. I'm on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.