This board sponsored in part by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 662854 times)

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10200 on: Mar 20, 2019, 11:16 AM »
If your goal is to make the person looking at the pic depressed....then yes I agree, you take good pics.

Jon, that looks like one of those rubber fish Shawn's always talking about.  That's why he's not smiling.

Offline Cnote518

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ryan
« Reply #10201 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:46 PM »
If your goal is to make the person looking at the pic depressed....then yes I agree, you take good pics.
.    Kids depressing not my fault, but I managed to make his mediocre fish look much bigger 😂

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10202 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Jon, that looks like one of those rubber fish Shawn's always talking about.  That's why he's not smiling.
Sure is bill Iíll show ya where I keep them Saturday !

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10203 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:29 PM »
It's going to go quick.  Last Friday it rained moderate to downpour for 1 1/2 hours.  Lot of standing water got absorbed into the ice in 2 hours after.  Soft and air filled...note that the 6" of black ice underneath was compromised 5
-6 weeks ago with a warm spell as well.
Hoping for one last stab at em this weekend.  I can't go out with a bunch of lazy chasers like this past weekend.

I was out yesterday and was on 13" in the main basin out of Vet's and Sunday up in NW Bay on at least that much and in both cases the bottom 4-5 was rock solid, clear ice. If I understand correctly the new ice is formed on the bottom of the existing ice so I'm assuming that the bottom ice has all been formed in the last two or three weeks after the snow melted?

I know things change quickly with the sun this time of year but the block of ice that was there yesterday is fairly substantial.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10204 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Sure is bill Iíll show ya where I keep them Saturday !
[/quot

Weíre supposed to get bombed with snow again.  The least amount iíve seen is 4-8 inches, and others at 6-12.  Man I hate snow.

Online Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10205 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Iím looking ahead to open water perch fishing.  Would like to get my brother out in my jonboat & thought weíd try Huddle.  Would you guys with experience expect to find them right in shallow or do LG perch tend to spawn in deeper water?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Iím looking forward to this answer as well...

Offline Fishmon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walks on water!
« Reply #10206 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:18 AM »
I was out yesterday and was on 13" in the main basin out of Vet's and Sunday up in NW Bay on at least that much and in both cases the bottom 4-5 was rock solid, clear ice. If I understand correctly the new ice is formed on the bottom of the existing ice so I'm assuming that the bottom ice has all been formed in the last two or three weeks after the snow melted?

I know things change quickly with the sun this time of year but the block of ice that was there yesterday is fairly substantial.

Man does it ever change fast.  I was out in north basin yesterday and measured 12 inches of ice early in am and checked same hole on way back in pm  and it was 9 inches.  That sun did a job on it; especially the top 3 inches.  Those pressure ridges that were solid last week are on the move and small ponds are forming around them.  Be extra careful if you do go out.  Look for access in shaded areas.  Shorelines are  opening up fast.

Fishing was OK.  Lots of small perch and small lakers.  Downsize if you want to catch lakers.  Got largest laker on tungsten jig ::)
Da Fishmon!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10207 on: Mar 21, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I tell people all the time, including the guys I hunt with, to smile. We are, after all, having fun.

Shawn suffers from clinical depression so lakers do not make him happy.   ;D

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10208 on: Mar 21, 2019, 12:55 PM »
Brand new video up this afternoon.  Lots of good action. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10209 on: Mar 21, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Fishing video or spam for rigs...can't tell!  :P

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10210 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Nice fish!! I can never tell when i have a perch on. Cant tell if the rod tip is shaking or if its just my wrist from the night before when i stayed out to late at the bar

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10211 on: Today at 03:06 AM »
Shawn suffers from clinical depression so lakers do not make him happy.   ;D

Itís good he fishes with a doctor from Iowa to get him through these tough days.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.