Author Topic: Ice Road Truckers  (Read 5514 times)

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Road Truckers
« on: Sep 01, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Pretty neat watching this all summer, kind of gets the blood going for what's about to come.  ICE !!!!!!    :icefish:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Road Truckers
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Yes it does, getting closer
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2008, 05:52 PM »
All that ice and nobodys fishing. :cookoo:

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2008, 09:02 PM »
I liked the Budwieser igloo. That would make a good icefishing hut.

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2008, 03:23 AM »
All that ice and nobodys fishing. :cookoo:
It makes you happy that you don't have that job.  The money wouldn't make up for quitting icefishing.
Travis

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Im thinking of towing out my shack with a semi this year...  See the looks i get :laugh:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2008, 07:22 PM »
I've seen a guy drilling holes with a posthole auger on a farm tractor. I'll guarantee ya he got a look or two from me.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2008, 12:31 AM »
Ive seen that before also..........I walked up and asked the guy if it was a legal sized hole.  Coulda dropped a tire in that son bieotch. :o

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Ive seen that before also..........I walked up and asked the guy if it was a legal sized hole.  Coulda dropped a tire in that son bieotch. :o
  This guy was drilling holes that were about 12" in diameter and drilling each one into the next one a bit. He could drop a lure down the holes and walk back and forth for about 20'. I watched another guy with an electric auger mounted to the snow plow on his pickup. He would drill a hole, back up, pull up next to the hole, open the door and jig his lure. He had a depth finder on his dash.  ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Im thinking of towing out my shack with a semi this year...  See the looks i get :laugh:
thats a novel idea i need to bring less stuff   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Just saw the last episode! I think drew is a wuss and I hoped rick's boss would have hit him with the board he was swinging. The show is great and all it does is make me want the ice that much faster!

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2008, 05:51 PM »
I watched it also, I agree those two idiots make truckers look bad. Rick should have been let go along time ago. But then they would have had to fill that section of the show in with something else. It would have been nice to have a little update on Alex, he was pretty cool.  ;D

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2008, 08:36 PM »
that guy Rick is some idiot... My 4 y/o daughter doesn't whine as bad or intentionally break crap. I wanted to see his boss burt clean his clock with that piece of lumber.... But the show does get me pumped for hard water....
--------------------
Rob K out!

15lb. mono leader for me!

"Its all in how you wiggle your worm!"

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Big fan of the show although i liked last season more then this season.  I will also agree the Drew is just a putz and Rick thinks he is the tough SOB in the world; put the two together and you can tell they are only doing it for the tv exposure.  Hats off to the guys who grind it day in and out and put down some serious loads and time on the ice.

Ive iced fishing in -20 to -25 below with the wind howling and it wasnt that bad when you were in the shelter with a little heat going; that walk in and out to your spot was less then pleasureable though...  I cannot imagine what -50 degrees feels like...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2008, 02:32 PM »
I walked up and asked the guy if it was a legal sized hole.

Didn't know there was an illeagal sized hole?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Jimmy, here in Colorado we can only have a 10" hole. Even at that size, when the wind fills them with snow, I have put a leg in one up to my knee. Darn cold. Can you imagine what the ice cracking sound like when those truck run over it. When the ice cracks under my bucket it gives me chills. Wishin for ice. afishingfool

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 12, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I thought NY was bad.... Wonder who did what so someone had to make a law to regulate hole size ???
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2008, 07:17 AM »
I would assume someone with small children decided on hole size. Anything bigger than 10" would be very dangerous. Even 10" is very dangerous to small children, animals, drunk icefishermen, and icefishermen not paying attention.

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Big fan of the show although i liked last season more then this season.  I will also agree the Drew is just a putz and Rick thinks he is the tough SOB in the world; put the two together and you can tell they are only doing it for the tv exposure.  Hats off to the guys who grind it day in and out and put down some serious loads and time on the ice.

Ive iced fishing in -20 to -25 below with the wind howling and it wasnt that bad when you were in the shelter with a little heat going; that walk in and out to your spot was less then pleasureable though...  I cannot imagine what -50 degrees feels like...

I can................... .......we had 10 days last winter where it was -70F with the wind chill!!!!
I can tell you it's...

FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!  :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.