Author Topic: Wanted: Ice Hole Schnapps (done !)  (Read 10581 times)

Trooper Bri

Wanted: Ice Hole Schnapps (done !)
« on: Aug 14, 2008, 09:01 PM »
After seeing a pic here on iceshanty recently, i was determined to score a bottle of Ice Hole, but the few smaller package stores in my area can't get it. Gonna try a chain store 1/2 hour away tomorrow. I also e-mailed Phillips Distillery, but the response wasn't encouraging.

Does anybody know of a site or store that carries Phillips Distillery product, and will ship to Connecticut? I'm really looking to get at least a bottle of Ice Hole Mint for our 7'th annual Iceholes event early next year. Maybe a Sno Shoe too for the house collection.

I'll get right to the begging too. Anyone willing to help a fellow fisherman out if i can't get a bottle or two the honest way? Obviously i'd be  willing to pay for product, and shipping (if it's legal to ship). Money order, check, or i can get a pay-pal thing going. whatever is best. I'm a longtime member and moderator on another fishing site under this name, so i'm certainly not looking to rip someone off.

Thanks !

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wanted: Ice Hole Schnapps
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2008, 09:28 PM »
http://www.silvercreek-liquor.com/index.php

There's a start. Good Luck

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2008, 05:42 AM »
Ive been running into the same situation   wanted to get 2 bottle onee of the reg and 1 of the cherry for the Annual Team maine  Moosehead lake excursion    let me know if you have any luck
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2008, 06:04 AM »

I got it from a guy here on IS, it was oh so good. I am going to check out some stores in Vermont and NH, I think it came from Indiana when I got it last year. I will let you know.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2008, 08:00 AM »
i'll look here. i live on the n.y.,n.j. border.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2008, 09:43 AM »
i just e-mailed phillips distillery. living 25 miles from manhattan, i hope to be able to find it close. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2008, 09:46 AM »
chance for someone to make a buck if interested.....

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I'd be interested in a bottle of each as well. I'll check my stores here in MA.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Thanks for the link Mike, i e-mailed them since i don't see an online order form. Hopefully i'll get lucky.

Didn't get a chance to take a ride and check out that chain store yet (i suppose i'll call a little later) since work was a zoo today. Obviously if i find a store that will ship, i'll let you guys know. I'm gonna ring a few package stores tomorrow too. If i do happen to get lucky and find a local store that can order it, i'd be happy to help out and ship out a few bottles myself.

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2008, 05:51 PM »
I can get my hands on some from a store around hear. They have the intense mint and cherry.   Not sure the price yet.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2008, 07:41 PM »
i'll ship it if i find it, or send it someone going that way. you guys might know a trucker going through here! ;D

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2008, 08:57 PM »
See what I started... I will try to get some of it for you guys. My wife works at a rest. that can get it.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2008, 08:57 PM »
 ;D

Offline ESCANABAJOSH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • THANK GOD THE OL' LADY FISHS :-)
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2008, 09:50 PM »
count me in.....do they sell it by the case?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Aug 16, 2008, 07:29 AM »
LOL I asked 2nd!  LOL

Iceshanty bootlegers . com  lol

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2008, 04:00 PM »
The phillips distillery is just down the road from me!

If you want a 55 gallon drum of it, let me know!

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2008, 04:27 PM »

Trooper Bri

« Reply #17 on: Aug 16, 2008, 09:36 PM »
"If you want a 55 gallon drum of it, let me know!"

I'd be happy with 750ml for now Skipper.  ;)

If someone is serious about helping out, please shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements. I'm not too convinced i'll find a local source at this point, but i'm still searching, and walking on water is 4 months away yet.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2008, 06:33 AM »
hey tropper bry, i will look down here in my neck of the woods and let you know. don:t drink anymore but i do recall something that had to do with it recentely. will check for you.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Aug 17, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is unlawful to send booze through the mail. If someone can check into this and prove me wrong, I would be happy to help. I have not been in the booze dept. of the Milaca Municipal for some time, but I would bet they still have it. I head straight to the beer, I drank enough of that crap when I was a kid.

@ss hole schnapps and hot 100... :sick:...ugggg!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 18, 2008, 08:11 AM »
well, phillips distillery doesn't sell it in new york, or new jersey, so i can't help you guys. and i wanted a bottle too! :%$#!:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Aug 18, 2008, 03:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is unlawful to send booze through the mail. If someone can check into this and prove me wrong, I would be happy to help. I have not been in the booze dept. of the Milaca Municipal for some time, but I would bet they still have it. I head straight to the beer, I drank enough of that crap when I was a kid.

@ss hole schnapps and hot 100... :sick:...ugggg!

Sorry guys, the nanny state puts the kabosh to crossing state lines with booze through the mail. Because the states have such different tax and transportation laws, no one will move it. :-\

Your only option to get it from good ole MN is to hire a private courier who is familiar with these laws. Even then, it may not be legal to pass through some of the states to get out there.

You also go through Canada to get out East from MN.

Good luck guys! If there is anything within the law that I can do to help, let me know.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2008, 03:22 PM »
we need to find a trucker who goes out there. i used to drive in new england, and would buy booze in new hampshire, due to no tax. oh, did i say that out loud? anyway, if you can find an over the roader, you're in luck. there is a tolerance to how much they can haul. in the 70's, the new york state troopers told me 2 cases was ok. after that, you're pushing ' for my own consumption'. ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Aug 18, 2008, 05:16 PM »
good idea.

I would bet that most upper midwest liquor stores would have it, At least MN and WI. Philips is the preferred bargain liquor around here, most likely a bottom shelf item. Tell your trucker to ask a clerk if he doesn't see it.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #24 on: Aug 18, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I'll buy a Firebird if you drive the truck pooley. ;)

It's been a while, but i'm positive i've had wine shipped to my house. Is that because it's non-flamamable ? I'm in the automotive business, and have had far more dangerous items shipped to my workplace by UPS/DHL than a frippin bottle of schnapps.
 After looking at some Googling, it does look like the shippers refuse individuals who actually go to the UPS Store or wherever with alcohol. But i see plenty that have shipped small quantities without issue, probably from work. I deal with mobile audio/vis/nav products so it would be easy to pack a single bottle so that it ships unharmed. Nowhere during the process of filling out the online shipping forms does a warning pop up about shipping a bottle of cheap booze, or a 5 gallon jug of gasoline. Since i've used our company accounts to ship and receive personally from for years, i could have until today done it and never known.

You're 100% on the ugggg thing Skipper. I don't care for schnapps at all. It's beer with the occasional taste of something good like Grey Goose or Cabo Wabo. Although, Mr. Boston Blackberry is a tradition for our crew as early morning "cough medicine".  ;D
But this just smacks of Iceholes tradition and i have to have it. I'm not done yet !!

How many fishermen does it take to buy a bottle of booze ?  :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 18, 2008, 06:08 PM »
well, you should all make my brandy, although raspberry season is over, you can buy them. smooth stuff.

as for driving the truck, no problem there! they never caught me before! :laugh:

i'm sure someone knows a mover or something. i'm gonna start looking for someone, just to try the stuff!

as for the shipping, i don't think it's legal. doesn't mean you can't do it.  :afro:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 18, 2008, 06:14 PM »
here you go.
2 quarts of brandy. ( i use christian brothers-80 proof )
2 quarts of raspberries. ( pick them wild if you can )
rinse the berries, let dry, then crush them in a 1 gallon glass jar.
add brandy, cover, and let sit for 6 weeks or more. ( in the sun if possible )
after sitting, strain the mixture through a sieve or cheese cloth.
then clarify using coffee filters. it will take awhile. replace filters as the dripping slows down.
melt 2 cups of sugar in 1/2 cup of water, using low heat.
add to brandy mixture and stir.
serve cold, it's better cold.

BTW, it's smooth, but packs a wallop! enjoy!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Aug 18, 2008, 06:34 PM »
some one that can Help a "brother" out Im  me

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:02 PM »
I'm having a problem getting it here. Last year when I got it it was sent UPS wrapped in bubble wrap and put tight in a cardboard box. Got here just fine and it did taste oh so good. PM if you are willing to send it.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #29 on: Aug 20, 2008, 10:06 PM »
That's enough brandy to last me 10 years pooley !

I'm going to save the recipe though, maybe do a small batch. When letting the mixture sit, should the container be filled to the absolute top so there's no air ?

I did get a PM from a member who offered to help out, so i should be good to go in the near future. I see other guys in the thread looking too. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.