The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Michigan Gathering! Gull Lake 2nd annual! Feb. 28th 2009  (Read 18894 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Many of us spend our ice season chatting together, fishing together, exchanging our experiences and our tips. But would anyone be up to an off the ice gathering. Maybe at a VFW? Maybe,November 1st? Anyone interested? Any ideas?

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
Re: A gathering?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008, 07:38 PM »
hey mud-n-fun , where would this be located. i live a little ways from you but would definately be interested in hangin and talking with some fello fishermen and women. sounds like a great idea.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Here in michigan somewhere.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2008, 07:59 PM »
don"t now if i would be able to get out that far right now thanks to these rediculous gas prices, unfortunately i don"t fly.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2008, 10:20 AM »
id be interested, pry wouldnt be able to make it during Oct or Early november due to deer season, but other than that id be in

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Mud-n-fun,
    Check out the Maine forum look for a thread titled banquet,maybe the members from that state can give you some ideas.

Steve

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2008, 12:27 PM »
Not sure about that time frame as well, ie duck and deer plus some darn good open water fishing that time of year. But interested in the possibility.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2008, 07:49 PM »
I only picked November because of the christmas work parties that seem to populate december. although december is good for me.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I have meet a few guys in the off season.  It is always fun to get together and B.S. I would be in for a meeting...but I like to hunt...so keep that in mind. 
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:28 PM »
but I like to hunt...so keep that in mind. 

I think that'll be a big factor with everyone!! Got ducks, geese, and deer all in season that month.

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I must agree with deer season...However, Im game for anytime...Its only one day. Just so long as its not terribly far from the house...again agreeing with gas prices being outrageous!! Id like to see a michigan ice angler assocation. But as long as we can get enough people interested!

Certified Youth Instructor for Michigan State Univ.,
Certified instructor for Project F.I.S.H..(Friends. Involved. With Sport.Fishing.Heritage .)
Take a kid fishing to keep our legacy around.

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2008, 05:28 PM »
November 1st!!!! Thats when the deer woods will be happening. Sorry I'll be 20ft up in a tree then. Should have a get together on the ice this winter.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Should have a get together on the ice this winter.

2nd annual gull lake smelt fishing gathering!!! All nighter on Gull lake catchin smelt, drinking beer, or watever you can get your hands on!!!  HUH RC????? HUH???   I kno i'm up for it, last year was a blast!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Now your talking. GOOD THINKING! We could make a day, a night and who ever is left a day of it. I think you have something there.
It's definitely a good place to meet at.
Hey maybe some prizes, raffles, ????

And just about enough time to start planning for it.

Well guys What do you think.

I think it's perfect.

Any of you guys ever put an event together. I haven't, but I would put every effort forth for this.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Oh yeah guys this is an end of season thing. I think last year was late march or maybe mid march.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Sounds reasonable

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I'll help ya set it up mud.  But yes, it is a later season thing, id like to wait for the 15-20"s of ice again....  Last year we got on the ice at 6:30 pm, and didnt leave the next mornin until 7:30 am.  Dont think id make it the whole next day, but id sure make it for the night and early morning hours.  Im in, whos all interested???  Maybe make a sign up page or something on the Michigan main forum....??

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I was just kidding about the day night day thing. But an afternoon get together with an evening/night of fishing would be nice. We've got some months to get this thing together. I would have to say this is a plan. Once your hunting season is over Vex you and I should get together and anyone else that would like to help with this and get the ball rolling. By then we will have a little better idea of how this winter will play out ice wise.

We are a great bunch of Michigan iceman and I'm sure we could have a great time of it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: A Michigan Gathering? Gull Lake 2nd annual?
« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Sounds good Mud.  I'll have lots of free time after deer season, just be runnin a heavy trap line but that's no big deal.  Just for fun... WHos all interested in this???

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Im wayyyy interested as long as the get together isnt in detroit...as I live up by the bridge. Id love to see a michigan ice anglers assoc. with patches and stuff.... :tipup: the biggest problem with having a michigan ice anglers assocation..isnt the lack of anglers...its getting the word out. Im sure there are tons of guys who would join.

Certified instructor for Project F.I.S.H..(Friends. Involved. With Sport.Fishing.Heritage .)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2008, 09:03 PM »
User, just make the drive to GR and u can ride with me!!! that'll save ya 45 mins of drive time!!!!!  Come on out anyway! Its guaranteed a good time!

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 23, 2008, 07:22 AM »
GR is a LONG ways away...saginaw is like 2.5 hrs away from where i live...and thats straight down 75! :o Has any leg work been done to compile a patch?!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2008, 07:38 AM »
GR is a LONG ways away...saginaw is like 2.5 hrs away from where i live...and thats straight down 75! :o Has any leg work been done to compile a patch?!

I have not given any thought to a patch. And wasn't thinking of starting an assosiation. Just a meeting of Ice Shanty and anyone else that wants to come. Really I was just thinking more along the lines of as the title say "a michigan gathering".

I did how every think of hitting up some sport shops for donations for give aways or some thing along that lines. And maybe investing a few of my own dollars for door prizes or something along that line for any kids that show up.

But a patch for the event could be a cool thing. May ponder that over the next few days.

Also UserX the gull lake outing last year was an event that targets catching smelt. This is why we fished all night long. This offers us us the daylight for the comradery and the night for the serious line watching and jigging. ;D

Anyway sounds like you have given this patch thing some thought. Let me know what you come up with.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2008, 09:36 AM »
This offers us us the daylight for the comradery and the night for the serious line watching and jigging.

HA, as far as i remember it was only like 1 hr of serious line watchin and jigging, the rest of it was just dickin around!!!  If the patch thing dont work out it dont take much to get shirts made up either.....

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #24 on: Aug 23, 2008, 11:27 AM »
sure wish you guys didn:t live so far away, what love to meet the fellow shanty members.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Aug 23, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Just get a plane ticket Mike, they sell em everyday....... ;D

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Aug 23, 2008, 05:23 PM »
As I can see it you won't miss much. We only talked about last year for two or three weeks before and a month after. And that wasn't a gathering or organized. Just 20-30 guys showed up the same night and fished. Oh CRAP, if this is organized how many will come? ??? :D ???

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Aug 23, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Hopefully 2-300!!!!!!!!  It'll be like an Inidan village of shanties out there with grills goin!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Aug 23, 2008, 07:56 PM »
2-300? MAN YOU AND I HAVE SOME WORK TO DO.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Aug 23, 2008, 11:32 PM »
O ya, and i catch crap cuz i said Bud Light Lime is good beer..... ;D ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.