Author Topic: wasted years  (Read 12861 times)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: wasted years
« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Guys, don't beat yourselves up for starting ice-fishing or any hobby " Too late ". Hobbies are enjoyed the most, generally speaking, when they are new in your life. I have been ice fishing for 22 years, and I still love it to death, but the magic of those first few years while learning and anticipating can never be matched now. I will only relive those magical moments that I had for myself as I teach my kids the sport, and that is coming soon.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 22, 2009, 10:23 PM »
I started in Jan. of '08 at the age of 49.  Only got out here in Indiana five times, but I was totally hooked.  I just came back from Houghton Lake, MI for the 5th weekend out of the last six since our Indiana ice went away in the first week of Feb.  We were lucky to get on ice in northern IN on December 6, so I've had an unusually long season from what I've been told. 

I've fished on and off most of my life, and spent a lot of time fishing out of a boat.  Given a choice, I would rather fish out of my Fish Trap Scout now!

Jeff

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #32 on: Mar 22, 2009, 11:08 PM »
I started in Jan. of '08 at the age of 49.  Only got out here in Indiana five times, but I was totally hooked.  I just came back from Houghton Lake, MI for the 5th weekend out of the last six since our Indiana ice went away in the first week of Feb.  We were lucky to get on ice in northern IN on December 6, so I've had an unusually long season from what I've been told. 

I've fished on and off most of my life, and spent a lot of time fishing out of a boat.  Given a choice, I would rather fish out of my Fish Trap Scout now!

Jeff
:clap: :clap: :clap: :icefish: :thumbsup:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2009, 04:16 AM »
I'm sitting at work wishing it was closer to winter and how fond of ice fishing I have grown. All the wasted years when I lived in the coldest state in the nation (North Dakota) and how I couldn't wait to get out of there but while I lived there didn't take advantage of where I lived to busy gettin into trouble chasing girls and all the extra curricular activity I could find.  Now I live in Nebraska and pretty much any chance I get I go back and fish whether its soft or hard.  Kinda funny when I was younger couldn't wait to get out now I can't wait to go back.  Just curious if some of you ever look back and think what was I thinking.

now wait just one minute here! coldest state in the nation? CMON you mussa not thought about good ol Alaska! i havent had any "wasted years"...started fishin with my dad and gramps before i could walk, and yea, i cant live without fishin....got more gear, good and bad, than you could possibly expect to use, at least to some people....but hey when your a diehard you can never have too much fishin gear!
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2009, 07:14 AM »
I think about it all the time. I had an offer to go when I was around 19 or so. I didn't and sure wish I would have. I didn't start until I was 37 and often think about how much better of an angler I'd be and how many more places I would have fished. I hope to make the most of the next 40 years  ;D

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.