The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: I miss ice fishing  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: I miss ice fishing
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2008, 06:19 AM »
The only good news is that it is now open water season. 
if ya got open water!!!!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:54 AM »
if ya got open water!!!!
if your jonesin that bad you could probably go drop a line in you bait tank

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:01 AM »
put that all away   all drained cleaned and put away!  fed the bait to the birds

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Have you still got much snow up there John. The frost is out of the ground down here. Frogs are going to start peeping in the next few days. See you at the banquet, bring sun blocker.
Steve

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Have you still got much snow up there John. The frost is out of the ground down here. Frogs are going to start peeping in the next few days. See you at the banquet, bring sun blocker.

Pegasus

If you're tired of folding up one of those clam portables, I know someone that would put good use to it.  :laugh:

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2008, 08:06 PM »
It's all dried out and put away for the summer. Even stuffed a cat inside to take care of any mice that might want to chew on it. I also bought a ultra lite Frabill one man setup at Marden's last weekend for $45.00. Looks like it could be good for hunting for the hot spots.
Steve

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:56 AM »
alas  alot of snow yet  had a front end loader come in and move some back so I could get my camper out (need it for may 1st and know that it wasnt gonna be clear  or would bury it in the mud by then)  its melted quite abit though still an average of at least 4' thru out the yard :(   Ill be headed that way tommorrow am should be down that way about 12-1 oclock see ya then   BTW  how bads the gas prices??   bringing the truck  and know thats a pig on gas :(

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2008, 06:52 AM »
alas  alot of snow yet  had a front end loader come in and move some back so I could get my camper out (need it for may 1st and know that it wasnt gonna be clear  or would bury it in the mud by then)  its melted quite abit though still an average of at least 4' thru out the yard :(   Ill be headed that way tommorrow am should be down that way about 12-1 oclock see ya then   BTW  how bads the gas prices??   bringing the truck  and know thats a pig on gas :(
seems were running  3.25-3.35

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:23 AM »
My season was really short this year in Pa.,would like to move to better ice fishing grounds by the wife would like to go south,and that not going to happen. ICE FISHING IS THE GREATEST

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:51 AM »
My season was really short this year in Pa.,would like to move to better ice fishing grounds by the wife would like to go south,and that not going to happen. ICE FISHING IS THE GREATEST
I always tell my wife she can go south and I'll head north. She just laughs. :woot: 8)
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #40 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:51 AM »
I always tell my wife she can go south and I'll head north. She just laughs. :woot: 8)

I think all wives think the same, although my wife likes it up north also........as long as we are staying where there is a bathroom and shower.......the word "outhouse" is not in her vocabulary.   ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:44 PM »
gas is $3.01 in jersey. ( 1/2 mile from my house ) ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #42 on: Apr 10, 2008, 06:46 PM »
The Last of my lake is melting as we sit here.  >:( I have to work any way.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Apr 10, 2008, 06:51 PM »
My wife thinks Ice fishing is nuts, but the kids loved it this year. I can't wait to take them out next year.  :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2008, 06:59 PM »
LOL

I thought of the joke where the wife is telling the neighbors that her husband is crazy and turns to him and says,....
 "Honey, Show em your nuts"   ;D
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I've opened up both of my portables, cleaned and dry them out and put them away. Auger cleaned and put away with some stable in the tank, plow cleaned and put away in the barn. Lawn almost all raked, boat & camper almost ready to go. Open water can't get here soon enough.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.