The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: This is it / Last trip  (Read 773 times)

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This is it / Last trip
« on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Going out for the last trip of the ice season tonight with my boy once school is done. Thought we would hit Shaker in Alfred 'cuz it was our first trip of the season back in December.Sort of the full circle thing .All in all it was a good season when I did get out. Met a couple more of you nice folks ( Alec - tougefisha, and Jim - chillywilly). Volunteered at the Thomas pond Kids derby for the first time, introduced a guy from work and his son to the sport and my season highlight was watching my 10 yo pull a 29 in salmon through an 8 in hole, his best salmon to date.
 Hope all had a safe and enjoyable season despite the challenging conditions and  I suspect that the countdown to ice will begin again next October as it has the past couple of years. Stay safe every one
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
Re: This is it / Last trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Good luck Steve! ;)
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Go get em slt..... :tipup:

don't forget about the softwater site  www.myfishfinder.com

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2008, 10:17 AM »
good luck i think mine is going to be this saterday.  got to fish alot of new places this year and met alot of really good guys through here. But thought i would try a completely new place as my last one of the year, we'll have to see how it goes

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2008, 01:55 PM »
If things are slow at shaker come back up this way tonight.. ;)

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Officially done. Fished Shaker from 4:30 'till 7:00. Ended up with 6 crappie, two largemouth, and a huge pickerel of +/-20 inches. 1 large bass lost at the hole as we were picking  up. 18 to 20 inches of ice the first 12 inches or so were a bit soft but it doesn't look like there will be any one fishing open water there for a while.  Weather was great and had the place to ourselves. A raucous game of rock , paper , scissors broke out as well as tag your it ( That didn't last long, turned 40 yesterday...too old for all that running around). No better way I know of to spend the afternoon with my son. Can't wait to start again next year. Working the next 4 day's so I won't have a chance to get out again, good luck to those of you that will

See ya on the MFF     Steve
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2008, 05:05 AM »
Officially done. Fished Shaker from 4:30 'till 7:00. Ended up with 6 crappie, two largemouth, and a huge pickerel of +/-20 inches. 1 large bass lost at the hole as we were picking  up. 18 to 20 inches of ice the first 12 inches or so were a bit soft but it doesn't look like there will be any one fishing open water there for a while.  Weather was great and had the place to ourselves. A raucous game of rock , paper , scissors broke out as well as tag your it ( That didn't last long, turned 40 yesterday...too old for all that running around). No better way I know of to spend the afternoon with my son. Can't wait to start again next year. Working the next 4 day's so I won't have a chance to get out again, good luck to those of you that will

See ya on the MFF     Steve

Welcome to this elite club SLT  ;D- your not to old and nothing beats a day w/ the kids..... happy bday :flex: :-\ ;D

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:34 PM »
 It was nice meeting you this year Steve, see you on the soft water.
-Alec

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Sounds like a great time...I was out there yesterday for about 2 hours and only got 3 crappie.  Can't wait for my son to get older so we can fish together. nice job Steve! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.